Options

If simon keeps arguing with Danni for the sake of it I dont think I can watch anymore

garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
Forum Member
1st its the Louis vs Cheryl, and then Dannii vs Simon,

it isnt needed, they should say what they see and hear not moan about the act because it belongs to one judge they dont like.

I am really starting to feel it is staged tbh.

I went to the vote page to who I want to win and I couldnt find anyone, then thinking about based on last week performance I think belle amie were the best and have a chance of selling records, maybe I am ill and that is clouding my judgement.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Be nice to see him actually be civil towards her, I found it uncomfortable to watch too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tomi-08 wrote: »
    Be nice to see him actually be civil towards her, I found it uncomfortable to watch too.

You're right, he *is* starting to be uncivil towards her, which is ironic, as Danni seems to be the only judge this series who is impartial and honest in her comments - something Simon used to pride himself on being (well honest, anyway).

I remember when Danni first joined; she really was Simon's flavour of the month and he used to play her off against Sharon. As soon as Cheryl came along, Danni got moved along the bench and gradually Simon has become nastier and nastier towards her. It's really not nice to watch. :(
  • Options
    BoyardBoyard Posts: 5,393
    Forum Member
    I get the impression Simon doesn't like Dannii because she doesn't kiss his arse and play by his rules like Cheryl. I've worked with people like him before.... you're perfectly nice and civil to them, but if you're not constantly gushing over them and being their "yes man" they have no time for you.

I feel there was a moment in the last series where Dannii's attitude changed (when Simon moved her chair to the side and acted so bad to her when she dared mention one of the contestants sexuality) and she decided she didn't give a damn if Simon sacked her from the show so was just gonna do her own thing entirely, not going to follow the "storyline" and just say whatever's on her mind. That's why she comes off as more sincere than the other judges. I've no doubt he would've sacked her for being so disobedient if it wasn't for the bad press he would've got, with the baby and all.
  • Options
    wkdstepmotherwkdstepmother Posts: 6,563
    Forum Member
    Boyard wrote: »
    I get the impression Simon doesn't like Dannii because she doesn't kiss his arse and play by his rules like Cheryl. I've worked with people like him before.... you're perfectly nice and civil to them, but if you're not constantly gushing over them and being their "yes man" they have no time for you.

I feel there was a moment in the last series where Dannii's attitude changed (when Simon moved her chair to the side and acted so bad to her when she dared mention one of the contestants sexuality) and she decided she didn't give a damn if Simon sacked her from the show so was just gonna do her own thing entirely, not going to follow the "storyline" and just say whatever's on her mind. That's why she comes off as more sincere than the other judges. I've no doubt he would've sacked her for being so disobedient if it wasn't for the bad press he would've got, with the baby and all.

I think there is some truth in this - Simon likes to mix things up and we have had the same judging panel for 3 years now. I think Simon ideally would have liked to change that but with her being pregnant his hands were tied when she said she wanted to stay
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dannii deserves ridicule almost 24/7.
    She's a joke on this show.
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole show is a joke...
  • Options
    MithMarrMithMarr Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its sick the way Simon plays the women off against each other. Danni has had to put up with so much crap on that show - First from the vile Sharon, then Louis and now Simon.

Danni is by far the best judge and despite having always been in Kylies shadow she has a wealth of experience of the industry - much more than Cole and should be given some bloody respect.

It's horrible to watch Simon being so nasty. What an odious man he has become, he's lost all credibility and respect. His star is on the wane if you ask me and all he will be left with is his money. Eventually know one will touch him, he's becoming a laughing stock.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    I think there is some truth in this - Simon likes to mix things up and we have had the same judging panel for 3 years now. I think Simon ideally would have liked to change that but with her being pregnant his hands were tied when she said she wanted to stay

Exactly. The only reason she's on there this year is because she said she wanted to be, and Simon realised she seemed to become really popular last year.

Plus he would have never agreed to mess around with the panel so much until judges houses when she came back after having her baby, if not for the fact he would have gotten some serious sh*t seeming to get rid of her because she was pregnant.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think the girls are told not to interact with each other during the show? I mean they must get along to a certain extent if they're running off to check on Ethan during the ads so how comes that 'friendship' isn't being played out on the show? We see glimpses of it during the Xtra Factor but during the show there's nothing.

I used to feel sorry for Dannii but she's had this sort of shit thrown at her for 3 years now, she must be used to it. Plus she's clearly got something that the other 3 judges are lacking at the moment - a gorgeous, healthy baby and a loving partner and I put emphasis on the loving partner bit because if rumours are to be believed then Simon's relationship seems to have gone kaput.... again and Chery's dancer friend is in the States and I have no idea about Louis :D
    I'm not saying it's jealousy but Dannii seems to have the upper hand IMO in all aspects. Hopefully she can win this year and leave on a high.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's all an act lol Of course they get on. Do you think he would pay her and have her on his show if they didn't.
  • Options
    Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MithMarr wrote: »
    I think its sick the way Simon plays the women off against each other. Danni has had to put up with so much crap on that show - First from the vile Sharon, then Louis and now Simon.

Danni is by far the best judge and despite having always been in Kylies shadow she has a wealth of experience of the industry - much more than Cole and should be given some bloody respect.

It's horrible to watch Simon being so nasty. What an odious man he has become, he's lost all credibility and respect. His star is on the wane if you ask me and all he will be left with is his money. Eventually know one will touch him, he's becoming a laughing stock.

/\ /\ /\

This.

I used to like Simon but it seems to me that he is just not interested this year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eventually know one will touch him, he's becoming a laughing stock.

That is inevitable. He's gone quite beyond a parody of himself this year, which is strange because he always was a ludicrous caricature to begin with (though he was much redder then).

It'll be interesting to see how American Idol does without him. I have a suspicion he thinks it will bomb without him. Equally I have a suspicion it will do very well without him. He may have made the mistake of thinking he's the big show himself. Beyond these programs though he has absolutely nothing else going for him in terms of his output. He's incredibly boring and repetitive on screen, and I can't understand the sort of status he has conferred upon him as his track record both within the music industry and his output regarding the x factor have been garbage.

He'll be one of those people you'll have completely forgotten about in twenty years time until a Channel Four special comes out "Whatever happened to.....", and people will watch clips of him, and wonder how in the hell he managed to con so many people, with so little, for so long.

Twenty years too late in my opinion.
  • Options
    BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,735
    Forum Member
    I think it is all an act. Remember, Dannii is chief judge on Australia's Got Talent so if Simon really hated her he wouldnt have her on two of his shows.
  • Options
    Lukey37Lukey37 Posts: 5,369
    Forum Member
    I don't think it's an act. You can't fake the level of coldness that Simon shows Dannii.
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BadRomance wrote: »
    I think it is all an act. Remember, Dannii is chief judge on Australia's Got Talent so if Simon really hated her he wouldnt have her on two of his shows.

Of course Simon doesn't hate Dannii. But it's a competition and he wants to win it.

Just remember his comments on last weekend Xtra Factor where kids were asked who was thier fav judge. They said Simon & Cheryl. Simon asked again and when they said his name he said that was the most important :p

He is no 1. Simon loves Simon and no one else :D
  • Options
    fairy_fairy_ Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Completely agree.
  • Options
    darkmothdarkmoth Posts: 12,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phantz wrote: »
    Dannii deserves ridicule almost 24/7.
    She's a joke on this show.
    Don't be daft!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    X Factor has become (or perhaps always was) a parody of itself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,544
    Forum Member
    Lukey37 wrote: »
    I don't think it's an act. You can't fake the level of coldness that Simon shows Dannii.

i agree
  • Options
    SlimSimSlimSim Posts: 3,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you watched the show last night it was Cheryl not Simon, Danni- "what are you two listening to if that was a guilty pleasure" Cheryl back at her- "That was my guilty pleasure" she’s been like that back @ Danni since the show started this year, He even agreed with Danni and disagreed with Cheryl, he grew some balls this week :D