Options

Official Snooker Thread (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ladies Day at the World Snooker tomorrow - pop down and see all the female players and referees.....oh no, hang on.

not the same without micheala
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barracute wrote: »
    They've changed the layout mid tournament today, wonder why they have done it now:confused: Anyone else prefer the old one? The only good thing they have introduced is the one minute countdown clock on the main livescores page, havent introduced a 30 second one for the individual matches though:confused:

whats happened to it like :confused: i know no different
  • Options
    ubermanuberman Posts: 2,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zawtowers wrote: »
    The BBC still have it online too, Brian Wright's wedding proposal:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/17879565

I was at that session and had no idea that was going to happen, but naturally there's some pics to be had:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/7122318505/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/6976237930/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/7122318911/

Was it you that shouted out; "don't do it" :p
  • Options
    Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Barracute wrote: »
    They've changed the layout mid tournament today, wonder why they have done it now:confused: Anyone else prefer the old one? The only good thing they have introduced is the one minute countdown clock on the main livescores page, havent introduced a 30 second one for the individual matches though:confused:

Seems exactly the same to me. Only thing that has changed is the design

On Live Scores page it refreshes every minute, but if you view an individual match it refreshes every 30 seconds, just like before.
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whats happened to it like :confused: i know no different

It was mainly green and black before, they've made the text bigger too
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems exactly the same to me. Only thing that has changed is the design

On Live Scores page it refreshes every minute, but if you view an individual match it refreshes every 30 seconds, just like before.

Yeah its just the design, all the info is in in the same places, yeah the timing is the same just that on the livescores page there is now a countdown timer, though its not entirely accurate as it doesnt always update when it gets to Zero and starts off again before the update a few seconds later.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perry will be relieved to have finished that match off now, at 8-4 it was lookng very interesting ! So looks like we will have 3 qualifiers through (unless Murph or Trump implode tomorrow which doesnt look remotely likely), i wonder when was the last time we had so few?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    does coventry city fan take is wife/fiance to snooker games still
  • Options
    Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,334,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    does coventry city fan take is wife/fiance to snooker games still

Yes I've seen her sat by him this year
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have nicknames for all the regulars

Mr Footy Shirt
    Mr Footy Shirts Dad
    Mrs Footy Shirt
    Aussie Bloke
    Normal Collier ( bloke who sits next to him )
    Maggie Thatcher
    Sailor Suit Woman

I see Normal Collier is sitting in Brians seat tonight and Brian in his dads

Loving Dave Hendon and Fouldsy slating this daft side bar
  • Options
    Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,334,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weird how they've only had it on day one then not again until today. Anyone would think they've not even convinced themselves of the idea 😛
  • Options
    chrisdebagchrisdebag Posts: 102,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unless I am very much mistaken, he is our very own Terrence Chant on this forum and incidentally a Man City fan like me :)

:D He is a Man City season ticket holder you got that part right
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Mr Footy Shirt
    Mr Footy Shirts Dad
    Mrs Footy Shirt
    Aussie Bloke
    Maggie Thatcher
    Sailor Suit Woman

I see Norman Collier is sitting in Brians seat tonight and Brian in his dads

:D The Aussie is a lovely man Dave Jackson. Very friendly and used to talk with him in the bar during intervals.

Normal Collier used to have the room next to me in Cutlers I was 107 he was 106 every year and he snores so loudly like a drill. His real name is Brian Todd and he runs his own business in Yorkshire.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chrisdebag wrote: »
    :D The Aussie is a lovely man Dave Jackson. Very friendly and used to talk with him in the bar during intervals.

Normal Collier used to have the room next to me in Cutlers I was 107 he was 106 every year and he snores so loudly like a drill. His real name is Brian Todd and he runs his own business in Yorkshire.

Ha fabulous, thanks for that Chris :)

My mate calls Normal Collier, Gordon Strachan. There is a similarity to both
  • Options
    Suitcase BeraoSuitcase Berao Posts: 6,078
    Forum Member

Mr Footy Shirt
    Mr Footy Shirts Dad
    Mrs Footy Shirt
    Aussie Bloke
    Maggie Thatcher
    Sailor Suit Woman

I see Normal Collier is sitting in Brians seat tonight and Brian in his dads

There's also Mrs Footy Shirt's attractive friend. Doesn't do all the sessions (only tends to be weekends ) and when Mrs Footy Shirt is there. Here she is sat next to Mrs Footy Shirt during Mr Footy Shirt's proposal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_Rn-NUk-EQ

She can also be seen next to Mrs Footy Shirt during O'Sullivan's 147 against Mark Williams from a number of years back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Neal Foulds and Dave Hendon commentating on Trump's game is a bit of a dream ticket it has to be said.

I have no idea why the BBC stopped using Foulds? Always enjoy listening to him and he's a really nice chap on Twitter and always takes time to reply whenever I've tweeted him (and not always about Snooker).
  • Options
    deivu74deivu74 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea why the BBC stopped using Foulds? Always enjoy listening to him and he's a really nice chap on Twitter and always takes time to reply whenever I've tweeted him (and not always about Snooker).

Yeah, why did they pick Willy over Neal? Maybe it's Willy's 1 ranking and 6 non-ranking wins that pips Neal's 1 ranking and 5 non-ranking wins? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Willie is better known by the casual viewer, simple as.
  • Options
    Fieldmouse83Fieldmouse83 Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is the elderly gentleman who always sits in the end seat of the front row right where you see both tables best? Mind he is nearly always asleep it seems. Pays a lot I imagine and stills most of the action :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Back to the on the table action and this afternoon we have the 2006 Junior Pot Black Champion and Runner Up - Stuart Carrington and Anthony McGill
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who is the elderly gentleman who always sits in the end seat of the front row right where you see both tables best? Mind he is nearly always asleep it seems. Pays a lot I imagine and stills most of the action :D

:D That is Dave from Sydney in Australia

it is hard sometimes to stay awake even in a good game

it is so quiet there and dark you just feel like dozing sometimes
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Willie is better known by the casual viewer, simple as.

I never said he wasn't, in fact I never even mentioned Willie. Just questioned why the BBC no longer use Neal after they used to at one time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never said he wasn't, in fact I never even mentioned Willie. Just questioned why the BBC no longer use Neal after they used to at one time.

Sorry, quoted wrong post, was one after yours
  • Options
    zawtowerszawtowers Posts: 1,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As previously mentioned, by chrisdebag, David Jackson, and my FAQ answered this :)

http://www.zawtowers.org.uk/Writing/worldsnookerfaq.html

There's a link in there to an article about him as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good start by McGill, 2-1 up, hasn't been behind yet, Trump is being made to work to finish off his match 8-4 up now
This discussion has been closed.