The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 58)

Comments

• da33431da33431 Posts: 48,902
    Forum Member
    thms wrote: »
    sheep and lemmings come to mind ;-)

I'm sure we'd have given our 12 points to Electro Velvet if we could! ;-)

Actually on reflection probably not... :kitty:
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we know what the results would have been under 2009-12 rules
    Forum Member
    Mrs Checks wrote: »
    I think, as the dust begins to settle, the biggest story for me from last night was the (much deserved) success of Belgium and Latvia with modern and slightly edgy entries. I really hope that has an influence on next year - I'd like to see more entries that take a bit of a risk artistically (at least in Eurovision terms!)

Me too, so many safe songs this year and now the juries have set down some interesting markers for next year. :)
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heroes will be on Big Top 40 shortly. And the presenter will predictably mangle his name horribly. :D
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Why do you think the Greek diaspora vote has just disappeared? It used to dominate our votes along with Cyprus

Yes I have wondered this too
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My step father is convinced Electro Velvet was the best last night and should have won. He's also convinced that Electro Velvet won a National Selection and that we voted for them.

:rolleyeemoticon
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Mrs Checks wrote: »
    I think, as the dust begins to settle, the biggest story for me from last night was the (much deserved) success of Belgium and Latvia with modern and slightly edgy entries. I really hope that has an influence on next year - I'd like to see more entries that take a bit of a risk artistically (at least in Eurovision terms!)

Yeah my other half who hadn't heard any of the songs till last night loved both of these as they were different but also loved Serbia as it was very Eurovision lol
    Forum Member
    AcerBen wrote: »
    Heroes will be on Big Top 40 shortly. And the presenter will predictably mangle his name horribly. :D

Tuned in :D

Graham didn't get his name right either, very annoying.
  • starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People praise Latvia, but always ignore the Georgian one. Was it the costume or something? lol
    Forum Member
    starry wrote: »
    People praise Latvia, but always ignore the Georgian one. Was it the costume or something? lol

Didn't understand a word she was singing. :confused:
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sanna last year and now we're about to hear Mans on national radio:o:)
  • Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,371
    Forum Member
    starry wrote: »

I'm not sure why you're equating them with other, personally I don't think they have much in common besides both being sung by women?

Different genres, different vocal styles to me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    da33431 wrote: »
    Didn't understand a word she was singing. :confused:

You didn't? She was a WOOOORRRYAAAAAAA.
    Forum Member
    Yeah my other half who hadn't heard any of the songs till last night loved both of these as they were different but also loved Serbia as it was very Eurovision lol

Belgium, Latvia and Serbia are definitely my keepers this year along with Sweden, Albania, Switzerland and Montenegro. Maybe Norway too.
    Forum Member
    Sanna last year and now we're about to hear Mans on national radio:o:)

I remember hearing Common Linnets, did Sanna make Top 10 too?
  • EuroFoxiEuroFoxi Posts: 12,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Belgium, Latvia and Serbia are definitely my keepers this year along with Sweden, Albania, Switzerland and Montenegro. Maybe Norway too.

This. But I love Ann Sophie's album too... Will never understand why she chose Black Smoke. Oh, and Israel.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EuroFoxi wrote: »
    This. But I love Ann Sophie's album too... Will never understand why she chose Black Smoke. Oh, and Israel.

She didn't. The public choose it over Jump the Gun (which is what was the better song tbf)
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »
    You didn't? She was a WOOOORRRYAAAAAAA.

And oxymated too, whatever that means :o

Off topic : Martin Garrix <3<3
  • DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The common Linnets made the official chart didn't they. Have to see how mans holds up.

Disappointed Turkey are coming back. Putting their dummy back in I see. Plus that's a top 10 for them every year again probably!never like their songs.
  • thmsthms Posts: 61,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-tv/hot-tv/443997/Electro-Velvet-chart-stars

"Backstage in the Austrian capital Alex, 35, said: “There’s going to be a follow-up single later this year.

“It’s in a similar style to Still In Love With You and I really like it.

“I actually think it’s got the potential to be even more popular than our Eurovision entry.

“We were already singing as a duo before Eurovision. Fate led us down the path of doing the contest and now we’re going to go with it.”"
  • EuroFoxiEuroFoxi Posts: 12,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    She didn't. The public choose it over Jump the Gun (which is what was the better song tbf)

I know, and agree, but I still think there's better songs on her album compared to Black Smoke. :p
    Forum Member
    Måns outselling Justin Bieber on the Big Top 40 :D

Belgium and Latvia would fit right in with this weeks Top 10 it seems. Although Bills is quite Electro Velvet-y ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember hearing Common Linnets, did Sanna make Top 10 too?

She made the top 40 along with Molly, Conchita and Common Linnets
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DamienS wrote: »
    The common Linnets made the official chart didn't they. Have to see how mans holds up.

Disappointed Turkey are coming back. Putting their dummy back in I see. Plus that's a top 10 for them every year again probably!never like their songs.

To be fair we thought hat about Azerbaijan but look how they have fallen away
  • Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gdrx78 wrote: »
    The Azerbaijan/Armenia votes are a disgrace - are the people saying it's wrong to bring politics into the contest doing anything about it.

I honestly think this may be the last year I actually bother following Eurovision.
    Bib 1: I think it's just of those things that's too contentious to interfere with, can't blame them for turning a blind eye.

Bib 2: You'll be back :kitty:
This discussion has been closed.