Options

Most hated Cebeebies/kids shows

snorksnork Posts: 1,464
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ok, as a parent I sort of end up half watching a fair bit of kids tv. Most is harmless enough, but there are some shows that irk me beyond belief. Obviously, they are not designed for me to watch but some of them are god awful.

Which are your most hated kids shows?

Mine is currently:

DirtGirl World :confused::eek:
It seems so inappropriate some how. The facial expressions that girl pulls and the utter tweeness of it all. Kind of vomit inducing.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,400
    Forum Member
    I detest the lot of them, but i have to say the 'In The Night - Merchandising Fest - Garden' . Just another programme purley designed to maximise merchandising revenue with education & entertainment way down at y & z. Luckily my little girl just doesnt bother with the tv unless sheepdogs & animals come on, anything else she ignores.

:)
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blue Peter, ive always hated it with a passion smug b*****d presenters
  • Options
    Mr MertonMr Merton Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    Don't know much about the current crop of kids' TV but nobody seems to have a good word to say about Lazy Town - it certainly manages to be both patronising and annoying, based on what little I've seen of it. (The Tweenies are just annoying, but they may be wonderful to a hyperactive five year-old.)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    There was one that used to drive me mental. Thankfully the kids have outgrown it now. Cant remember the name of it. Couple of years ago on Cbeebies. It was about sounds. There was a little orange cartoon character and he went down 4 different slides each time. There was always a story read by that woman that used to be in The Thin Blue Line and there was a segment with kids running about then doing dog impressions and things. There was a song at the end: "Everywhere you go, everything you do just listen/We're surrounded by sound"

Now we just have Hannah Montana and Wizard of Waverly place on a loop. Jeez, I miss Balamory.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    There was one that used to drive me mental. Thankfully the kids have outgrown it now. Cant remember the name of it. Couple of years ago on Cbeebies. It was about sounds. There was a little orange cartoon character and he went down 4 different slides each time. There was always a story read by that woman that used to be in The Thin Blue Line and there was a segment with kids running about then doing dog impressions and things. There was a song at the end: "Everywhere you go, everything you do just listen/We're surrounded by sound"

Razzledazzle...

It's the main presenter's childish helium-filled voice that does it:mad:

For me, it's got to be 'Show Me, Show Me' - I can cope with Chris Jarvis but Pui Fan Lee drives me up the effing wall!
  • Options
    Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,759
    Forum Member
    I don't have kids, but when watching early morning TV, I've found the early morning American TV programme repeats, like Even Stevens (featuring Shia LaBeouf even though he's now about 23) irksome. From what I've seen, I do love Roy on the BBC and The Treacle People on Channel 4.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I didn't have any intention of reading this thread until i've just accidentally turned oven to BBC One and caught a snippet of a show called ROY.

jeez, it's like the camera operator has parkinsons! No wonder kids these days are not right in the head :D
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I detest the lot of them, but i have to say the 'In The Night - Merchandising Fest - Garden' . Just another programme purley designed to maximise merchandising revenue with education & entertainment way down at y & z. Luckily my little girl just doesnt bother with the tv unless sheepdogs & animals come on, anything else she ignores.

:)
    Here's an alternative look at the program by Charlie Brooker
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaQxJi8wWBI
  • Options
    Calamity-joCalamity-jo Posts: 794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like Me Too! don't know why, just gets on my nerves.

Also not keen on Chuggington and Finley the Fire Engine. Both obviously American which have been bought and dubbed over with English actors.

Underground Ernie is another one. Nothing against Gary Lineker, but the characters just look weird. It's a wonder they don't scare kids to death!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    I don't like Me Too! don't know why, just gets on my nerves.

Is it because Granny Murray is just so OTT? She really does over-act to an impossible level.

degsyhufc wrote: »
    jeez, it's like the camera operator has parkinsons! No wonder kids these days are not right in the head :D

You just make Coca-Cola come out my nose, but it was totally worth it :D
  • Options
    zapodzapod Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I sit through a lot of cbeebies with my 3 year old - some shows are tolerable, others not so.

Chuggington - yes I can sit through this quite happily wondering what it would be like if our town was, like, all rails'n'stuff.

In the Night Garden: It's bonkers, but the change in scale of the Ninky Nonk and Pinky Ponk between zipping around the garden and the characters getting on board I find fascinating.

Timmy Time - Simple wordless fun.

Waybuloo - I like the gentle pace of this show and the clever CGI/live action integration.

Dislikes:
    The loathsome Finley the Fire Engine - poor CGI and patronising and American - my heart sinks when it's awful theme tune kicks in.

Underground Ernie - despite the rail fascination thing, the giant-faced trains just freak me out.

Lazy Town - Kid's TV on acid, for those with ADD.

Big Cook Little Cook - Welcome to our cafe, eh? I'd rather gouge my eyes out with spoons.
  • Options
    James2001James2001 Posts: 73,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, god, anything on CBeebies. We have to have it on when my nephew's round and it's just dreadful. It's torture, it makes you want to slit your wrists just to make it stop. It's just hideously terrible. I'm not sure what's worse, the Night Garden, the hideously grinning presenters, the talking numbers, the waybaloo CGI animal thingies... ugh... If they showed this stuff to prisoners at Guatanamo Bay, even the most hardened convincts would confess, even to things they hadn't done.
  • Options
    horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cannot stand Big Cook Little cook - All those Jazz hands and dancing around. The food they cook looks crap and inedible as well. My 3 yr old changes favourites on a weekly basis, at the moment is's Kerwizz.
  • Options
    tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant stand DirtGirlWorld. I just hate all the faces especially the caterpillar with the lisp. And of course DirtGirl herself with one eye bigger than the other.

Charlie and Lola, 2 smug and smarmy spoilt kids, whose parents incidentally never seem to be around and one little toad (Lola) who is just a royal pain in the arse and must get her own way or else. She'll probably be a Social Woker or a Civil Servant when she grows up.

Waybaloo - Someone was tripping out when they came up with this idea, same with In The Night Garden, although the latter isn't that bad. Crack, heroin, cannabis, you be the judge, but no one with a clear mind came up with these programmes.

Then of course those 2 presenters who took over from Chris and Pui. Argh!

Big And Small, a horrible show, looks American maybe Canadian dubbed with that **** Lenny Henry brummie accent for both characters.

Lazy Town Extra, not even a scratch on the original show. Half the time the puppet's (Ziggy) mouth isn't even in sync with the speaking, not to mention the American dub version of the show mixed in it.
  • Options
    colinod0806colinod0806 Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    i hate everything on cbeebies,luckily my daughter prefers to watch nick jr
  • Options
    davethorpdavethorp Posts: 8,701
    Forum Member
    We tend to have playhouse Disney on rather than cbeebies though do have beebies on occasionally and hate big cook little cook that someone else mentioned

on playhouse my biggest hate is Handy Manny. I don't know what sort of sh*t that bloke has been smoking but tools do not talk or carry out repairs on their own

Mickey mouse clubhouse is tolerable unless they come up with a totally stupid use for their mouskatools. Which they do. A lot. Like the camping trip episode where the only mouskatool of any use on a camping trip was a pan and rather than using said pan to cook with like any normal camper they used it to wake up a giant despite the fact the giant was actually making it easier to catch the fish by blocking them and keeping them in one place.

I think about this too much :D
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Mr Merton wrote: »
    Don't know much about the current crop of kids' TV but nobody seems to have a good word to say about Lazy Town - it certainly manages to be both patronising and annoying, based on what little I've seen of it. (The Tweenies are just annoying, but they may be wonderful to a hyperactive five year-old.)

Lazy Town is bonkers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The worse ones I've come across are Tikkabilla (the purple fluffy thing is loathsome) and Tweenies (not one of the brats is likeable and the whole thing is hideously bright). The Shiny Show used to grate too, particularly because of the hyper monkey and retarded dog.

Disney Channel shows are also incredibly cheesy and daft.

I might add that it'll be years before I'm a parent and I know of these through my younger brother and the kids of a former colleague.
  • Options
    uhyperuhyper Posts: 499
    Forum Member
    At least CN TOO has added Wacky Races weekdays at 7pm
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    I have a love/hate relationship with it all really. Some programmes are genuinely inventive (Dip Dap, Sean the Sheep, Show Me Show Me, even the bloody Night Garden), but others make me want to tear my own eyes out (step forward Zingzillas - such a great concept to introduce children to types of music, but the execution!, Tommy bloody Zoom - never is a life lesson too obvious for him, and the infernal GIMP - oh James Bolam, the Likely Lads to this).

Actually there is a fun adult take on CBeebies at http://mostlyfilm.com/2011/09/20/2273/#more-2273 which contains rather a dark interpretation of Grandpa In My Pocket. Almost enough to make you feel sorry for the curmudgeonly old bastard. Only almost. Some links to the utterly terrible Sarah Jane Honeywell website too - no concept for a photo too embarrassing apparently - a ouiga board? a champagne glass? Save me...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which are your most hated kids shows?

All of them. Just childish nonsense. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Ha ha there are quite a few.....
    Anything with Sarah-Jayne & Alex and Cerrie from Cbeebies
    Me Too
    Balamory - Don't you love the way any random person just opens the door & goes in with no security checks?!
    Teletubbies
    Little Princess (annoying voice & why is she always in a nightie?)
    Can't you tell I get subjected to all this with 2 young children :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Oh yes & I forgot Come Outside! Pippin the dog is cute but the mad woman with the dotty plane drives me up the wall :eek:
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find Dick and Dom really annoying
    which is this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCcDhD1K0Ak

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    Oh yes & I forgot Come Outside! Pippin the dog is cute but the mad woman with the dotty plane drives me up the wall :eek:
    It blew my mind when I finally noticed she was Nurse Gladys from Open All Hours.