Options

Windows Support

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,834
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I just received a call from someone claiming to be from Windows Support... they claim my computer has triggered an alarm in their system because it is downloading a lot of illegal files... they then asked me aggressively if I was aware of this fact? I was then instructed to connect to the internet in order that they could access my computer.

I hung up at this point and they immediately rang me back so I threatened to call the police.

Does anybody know if there is something I should do to report them?

Comments

• Options
    killjoykilljoy Posts: 7,920
    Forum Member
    Just ignore it, look at the following link for more info.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1435992
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's pointless reporting them to anyone as the calls are from outwith the UK.

It's a scam and has been going on for years, how would they know you have windows.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh right... I thought as much... thanks
  • Options
    pmyoungpmyoung Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    I always tell them that I run a "UNIX LINUS based operating system" and they put the phone down on me!!!!
  • Options
    cutekitty7686cutekitty7686 Posts: 872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just received a call from someone claiming to be from Windows Support... they claim my computer has triggered an alarm in their system because it is downloading a lot of illegal files... they then asked me aggressively if I was aware of this fact? I was then instructed to connect to the internet in order that they could access my computer.

I hung up at this point and they immediately rang me back so I threatened to call the police.

Does anybody know if there is something I should do to report them?

Oh they are still doing the rounds eh , I had few calls each time I informed them to p off one occasion i told them I knew it was scam the person laughed and said it wasn't so questioned them why they were calling funnily enough the more questions you ask the less they know and then hang up , not had a call since :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just say you don't have a computer, they just hang up quick....
  • Options
    QTC13QTC13 Posts: 3,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do people really fall for this? REALLY?
  • Options
    cutekitty7686cutekitty7686 Posts: 872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    QTC13 wrote: »
    Do people really fall for this? REALLY?

My mate nearly did she is year older than me so 26 she is quite new to owning her own laptop and a week after getting it she had a call , it was only because she remembered me warning her against these calls that she didn't give her info out !