Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 8)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kittymoon wrote: »
    Isn't it! Basically any advert with children trying to be cheeky/'funny' do my head in!

ARGH! Me too! :mad: That ad p1sses me off where the fella looks after his son (which is a massive chore as men are so dense and idiotic that they have IDEA how to look after children and simply cannot cope; ) :rolleyes:

The ad ends with the lad's mother saying 'thanks for looking after him' and the lad says 'you're welcome' or something. Making out that the dad really struggled to look after his *own* child. Ludicrous. offensive advert.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 'blood in your poo' advert was on at 1pm today. Yes they showed that disgusting advert at the time most people would be EATING! That is just WRONG! :mad:

And what about the one with people flossing their teeth and there's blood on the floss. *BARF!* :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    I don't know if many of you would have seen it or whether it is just my region (North West, Granada etc) - the advert for the campaign of more Foster Carers.

The actors and the scenario's have a variety of flaws in it!

The two women that are said to be together, do not look like they're together at all (I know that they can demonstrate it thoroughly obviously but at least demonstrate less fake.

The Muslim single lady is not single at all! As she clearly shows her wedding ring to the camera!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    ARGH! Me too! :mad: That ad p1sses me off where the fella looks after his son (which is a massive chore as men are so dense and idiotic that they have IDEA how to look after children and simply cannot cope; ) :rolleyes:

The ad ends with the lad's mother saying 'thanks for looking after him' and the lad says 'you're welcome' or something. Making out that the dad really struggled to look after his *own* child. Ludicrous. offensive advert.

Is this the one where the dads culinary skills extend to spreading phili cheese on chicken? If so yes I agree! and it has bratty kids in.

worst advert though has to be that haribo one...actually any of them...stupid smart @r$e kids (as you can tell I'm not maternal :D )
  • TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lectrospin wrote: »
    i have no idea what any of that meant.

You're not a Twin Peaks fan then I take it :D

I've just seen the British Red Cross advert with the spooky 'crisis girl' and her dog..it brought the Spirit of Dark and Lonely Water to mind, perhaps she's his grand-daughter :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Go compare!

Oh my god it is mind numbingly annoying.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Heinz Baked Beans advert. It hasn't been around for very long but I already hate it.
  • spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like the Sky advert with Bruce Willis.
  • lovelylissalovelylissa Posts: 1,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tarot wrote: »
    You're not a Twin Peaks fan then I take it :D

I've just seen the British Red Cross advert with the spooky 'crisis girl' and her dog..it brought the Spirit of Dark and Lonely Water to mind, perhaps she's his grand-daughter :D

Yay thank god someone got what I meant!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paull805 wrote: »
    Go compare!

He's like a cockroach. He just won't die!
  • Fred FlintstoneFred Flintstone Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paull805 wrote: »
    Go compare!

and slightly disturbing imo - seemingly it's ok to kick footballs directly at people
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and slightly disturbing imo - seemingly it's ok to kick footballs directly at people

I actually feel sorry for him lying there I think Go Compare may get a warning about making light of "violence" in the near future.
  • Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Azera coffee is on a LOT!:mad:

Also, not sure if it counts as an advert, but ITV1's trailer with Mrs Biggs seems to be on constantly. Does my head in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yoshi Fan wrote: »
    Azera coffee is on a LOT!:mad:

Also, not sure if it counts as an advert, but ITV1's trailer with Mrs Biggs seems to be on constantly. Does my head in.

As an advertising campaign (a particularly annoying one too) I'd say it counts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Stupid Money Advice Service- what a load of propaganda. Both versions with the robotic, eccentric actors never fail to drive me mad, especially the one with the old bag that just butts into the conversation.

All the Churchill ads with Churchill the dog and his Doppelgänger: Martin Clunes. Whatever it is, they are simply repetitive and annoying.

The latest Persil ad with the brats killing "we will rock you" on their dustbins and washing machines.
    I HATE their motto! "Dirt is good". If they were my kids, I'd have a good hollering at them if they were 'exploring" like that. :mad:
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    BT. I wonder if that Spanish lass knows the definition of "borrow"
    to receive with the implied or expressed intention of returning the same or an equivalent
    I wonder what she's going to offer
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    The BT "Internet cafe" ad I find, isn't that annoying, it's the "synchronised swimming" one. The VoiceOver, the sport itself, and the lies that are being uttered by the voiceover. :mad:
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Money Shop - David Dickinson = SELL OUT! :mad:

BT - It's been said several times already but the OLYMPICS ARE FINISHED so shut up about it!! :mad:

NHS - I really hate the 'blood in your poo' ad and the depressing Dementia one too.

Money Advice Service - "See what MA thinks." How about... NO!

John Lewis - WE GET IT! We know you've been 'Never Knowingly Undersold' for 75 years. I don't need you reminding me every 5 minutes thank you very much! :mad:

Foxy Bingo - I don't want to play Bingo nor do I care about it. You can't keep saying 'free' if a £5 deposit is required! :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    I think the BT is still around because of the 'fruity-girls' factor - it's probably popular with - ooh I don't know, maths teachers?:D
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ad for personalised credit cards 'with your favourite photo'. Sorry, I can't remember what bank it is.
    God love us, are we turning into a nation of infants? The ad shows groups of grown-ups (at least they look like adults) giggling and pointing like schoolgirls as they look in admiration at their ickle piccies on their credit cards.

Strewth, what on Earth.....

And while I'm here...

The ad for Oreo's with the little girl telling her Dad how to eat them. I can't bear smart-arse kids or ads that portray men as useless halfwits, and this one does both.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SCS *hands up and waves madly* apart from the studio cards, which has been on all year, this advert features a Christmas tree, so this is the first Christmas ad that I have seen
  • TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    SCS *hands up and waves madly* apart from the studio cards, which has been on all year, this advert features a Christmas tree, so this is the first Christmas ad that I have seen

I bet Go Compare are thinking up their Xmas advert right now..featuring Gio being run over by Usain Bolt in a snowplough ;)
  • Calamity-joCalamity-jo Posts: 794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another that I can't stand at the minute is the ad for the Alpen Light bars.

Stupid man (he has to be stupid because all men are in advertising world) :rolleyes: looking round for something to eat. He goes for Alpen bar and woman grabs it then eats it in front of him.

It's completely unrealistic. For a start, I don't like men being depicted as stupid, and for another, there's no way any sane person would pass up that delicious looking chocolate cake in the fridge for a miniscule bar of budgie food! I'm sorry, but they wouldn't!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All Plusnet adverts
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy2 wrote: »

The ad for Oreo's with the little girl telling her Dad how to eat them. I can't bear smart-arse kids or ads that portray men as useless halfwits, and this one does both.

I am guessing that they are American "cookies" and that is how American kids eat them, so they are having to educate the world. They look disgusting black, remind me of charcoal biscuits which you take for flatulence.:rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.