15th November Changes

Comments

• AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    Paddy C wrote: »
    My TV automatically scans for channels every time it's turned on, but does it in the background so it doesn't inmterrupt viewing. A new adult channel and Smash Hits were added to the 800's and were promptly deleted as I won't be watching or listening. All my channels are in my preferred order, so if something is added on a channel number I already have in use, it just goes to the 800's. I notice though that ITV Preview 1 was not added to my EPG...

ITV Preview 1 appears to have no video, audio or data streams attached to it yet, some receivers ignore such channels.
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AngusMast wrote: »
    ITV Preview 1 appears to have no video, audio or data streams attached to it yet, some receivers ignore such channels.

It will probably broadcast nightscreen from ITV1 or something.
  • a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    Paddy C wrote: »
    My TV automatically scans for channels every time it's turned on, but does it in the background so it doesn't inmterrupt viewing. A new adult channel and Smash Hits were added to the 800's and were promptly deleted as I won't be watching or listening. All my channels are in my preferred order, so if something is added on a channel number I already have in use, it just goes to the 800's. I notice though that ITV Preview 1 was not added to my EPG...

Anything in the 800s is generated by your receiver - some receivers (like mine!) will delete some of the stations you have in the 800s - Smash Hits should already be on 712, so the 800 version should have been the old slot which is now silent.

It's because the logical channel number has been taken away from them. Consequently, some receivers ignore them or delete them, some stick them in the 800s...

(Should any forum members have the live Smash Hits version in the 800s and nothing on 712, you need to retune: some receivers behave strangely.)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    psm wrote: »
    Have rescanned my Humax 9200 this evening and BBC4 and SKY news are now missing, but my rescanned Panny TV and DVD both have them - anyone else with similar problems with their Humax?

Yup, you're telling me, join the club I think I'll have to do another retune tomorrow when the signals might be a bit stronger, I appear to have lost all the freeview HD channels which is the whole point of why I bought it in the first place.
  • SPARKIE1984SPARKIE1984 Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    does anyone know why my box is now telling me half of my channels are scrambled or not available?

i did the retune when it asked and now, channel one, bbc three, bbc four, dave, viva etc dont work!!!!!

grrr, starting to get fed up with freeview already
  • TV KingTV King Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will probably broadcast nightscreen from ITV1 or something.

You have got it right. I know this because just before I left work tonight I check channel 35 ITV Preview1 on the works Sony Freeview box and there was nothing broadcasting so I checked the epg and from 04:00 till 06:00 Nightscreen will be broadcasting.
  • bensterbenster Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    this ITV preview on my Freeview HD comes up as Scrambled
  • DAVE02DAVE02 Posts: 1,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    does anyone know why my box is now telling me half of my channels are scrambled or not available?

i did the retune when it asked and now, channel one, bbc three, bbc four, dave, viva etc dont work!!!!!

grrr, starting to get fed up with freeview already
    try doing a first instill & see if that fixes it for you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Dave, does that mean I'm gonna have to reset all my recordings again? Just spent half hour crawling through the not great epg redoing it all
  • AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    Well Capital, Absolute and Heart are in stereo but does anyone know the bit rates and I take it they use joint stereo?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I ran an autotune to rescan channels on my Sony analogue/digital recorder (HD890) and it brought in RTE radio stations in the 200's which is before 301 which I want to keep in its present position and not move to an earlier numbered slot but I want to be able to put RTE radio stations further down the channel list towards the end. I cannot seem to be able to do this using the 'sort channels' function for when I do 301 takes up a different number in the channel order e.g. 204 which is confusing for me if you get my drift. Can anyone give me advice on how to put radio stations after 301 yet not change channel no. of 301? A way round this may be to manually tune in the muxes but I cannot find any way of doing this on an otherwise excellent PVR - no mention in the manual itself. Anyone any ideas?
  • DAVE02DAVE02 Posts: 1,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Dave, does that mean I'm gonna have to reset all my recordings again? Just spent half hour crawling through the not great epg redoing it all
    yes you will
  • tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Capital, Absolute and Heart are in stereo but does anyone know the bit rates and I take it they use joint stereo?
    According to VLC on Linux (although you'll get the same info via Windows or Mac or whichever OS you are using):

Capital: 128Kbps
    Heart: 128Kbps
    Absolute: 128Kbps

Now, VLC will only tell me its in stereo, although at 128Kbps, I would expect those three stations without doubt to be using joint stereo.
  • Ray CathodeRay Cathode Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

All the 3 new Mux A radios are 128 joint stereo.
  • chrisychrisy Posts: 9,419
    Forum Member
    I ran an autotune to rescan channels on my Sony analogue/digital recorder (HD890) and it brought in RTE radio stations in the 200's which is before 301 which I want to keep in its present position and not move to an earlier numbered slot but I want to be able to put RTE radio stations further down the channel list towards the end. I cannot seem to be able to do this using the 'sort channels' function for when I do 301 takes up a different number in the channel order e.g. 204 which is confusing for me if you get my drift. Can anyone give me advice on how to put radio stations after 301 yet not change channel no. of 301? A way round this may be to manually tune in the muxes but I cannot find any way of doing this on an otherwise excellent PVR - no mention in the manual itself. Anyone any ideas?

There's a manual tune feature in the menu. IIRC it's somewhere obscure, you have to select something like "signal condition" to do manual tuning. It will tune in the entire multiplex to their respective LCNs. Unfortunately the software on these isn't anywhere near as good as on the old models, where you could manually tune individual channels onto any channel number.

I've never used the sort channels feature, you can hide individual channels though, and they will still be selectable by number. Maybe that is an option?
  • dale2011dale2011 Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    I have lost Mux A (QVC, ITV 3, Fiver and Five USA plus the rest of the Mux) from my Humax 9300T since I've retuned. My transmitter is Emily Moor. Has any one else lost Mux A channels?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i still have those channels mate, on a humax 9300.

im in the isle of wight
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think I will leave well alone, there don't seem to be anything important that I need to rescan for.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Got the four HD channels back but the signal is awful, I wouldn't mind but it's an outside aerial and I'm not exactly a million light years away from Crystal P, I don't get it but I can only put it down to the cold air, I can't see any other reason for this because I was getting a perfect piccy in the summer earlier this year, does anyone know if HD signals on FreeSat via a dish are better and stronger even in the cold weather etc than aerial reception??, if so I might opt for that instead, the Humax is 100% useless to me if it can't give me a decent HD reception.
  • daniel2015daniel2015 Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More MUX A changes have just happened, the duplicate channels for partyland and smash hits that normally goto the 800s have been removed. So partyland and smash hits is now listed on freeview the once.
  • jam73jam73 Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    I did a re-scan on my old Panasonic STB last night, only checked that Capital and Heart were there. Didn't do my Humax PVR.
    Today I found that #35 was Absolute (same audio as #727)

Did a re-scan, the 'extra' Absolute went to #33, nothing on #35

The on-screen text info (MHEG ?) is different on the 2 versions
  • David (2)David (2) Posts: 20,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Mind wrote: »
    Got the four HD channels back but the signal is awful, I wouldn't mind but it's an outside aerial and I'm not exactly a million light years away from Crystal P, I don't get it but I can only put it down to the cold air, I can't see any other reason for this because I was getting a perfect piccy in the summer earlier this year, does anyone know if HD signals on FreeSat via a dish are better and stronger even in the cold weather etc than aerial reception??, if so I might opt for that instead, the Humax is 100% useless to me if it can't give me a decent HD reception.

freesat reception (HD or SD) should be perfect sort of 99%+ of the time, just as long as your satellite dish is not out of alignment. We use an old Sky Mini dish now working with a Humax FreesatHD box and if anything the signal strength through this is better than the old sky box years ago (i think Humax must be using better tuners in their design).
  • David (2)David (2) Posts: 20,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the wenvoe mast or another mast must be broadcsting a different signal which is reaching us that did not reach us before. Just by luck, our reception issue with Sky News/Sky3 etc is not a prob at the moment so i did a rescan for the changes. Using the aerial out method to avoid unwanted channels from elsewhere (same as I have always done since Aprils DSO), the equiopment still managed to detect stray duplicates - some of which were Welsh signals. On some of our tv's, this played them up - with channels like Yesterday going from No12 (which became blank) and ending up in the 800s. Then after trying again, Yesterday returned but CH4 was missing (it want into the 800s). In the end I had to let it do a full auto scan with the aerial in all the way through. This did cure the problem but we ended up with about 100 duplicate channels starting at 800.
  • Paul GraysonPaul Grayson Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a516 wrote: »
    Anything in the 800s is generated by your receiver - some receivers (like mine!) will delete some of the stations you have in the 800s - Smash Hits should already be on 712, so the 800 version should have been the old slot which is now silent.

It's because the logical channel number has been taken away from them. Consequently, some receivers ignore them or delete them, some stick them in the 800s...

And some others stick them sequentially straight after the highest found TV channel.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Smash Hits and Adult reappeared again after deleting them, so deleted them again!

Still no sign of ITV Preview though, I guess it will appear when something is actually broadcasting on it.