Manager's Salaries

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
Forum Member
There was a recent report in a local paper that said that Nigel Cough had agreed a new two year contract with Derby at an annual salary of £200,000 a year , and he was quite happy with this.

I know this is more than anyone on here can hope for( well , me anyway) , but it does seem a rather low wage considering that some , admittedly Premiership players, get that every week. surely Championship players would get far more than Clough's salary which is only £4k a week. Does anyone know the normal wage of a Championship manager or indeed of a player in that division

Comments

• BrunoStreeteBrunoStreete Posts: 7,180
    Forum Member
    Where did you read this? As contract negotiations are confidential I don't know how anyone could know what he earns.
  • BomoLadBomoLad Posts: 17,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where did you read this? As contract negotiations are confidential I don't know how anyone could know what he earns.

Most things we know of are/were 'confidential'. That's how news and journalism works.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member

It was in the Nottigham Evening Post. We hear all the time about players wages . I just wondered about what managers earn,