Options

Dead Boss..anyone watching?

Comments

• Options
    robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    these are my thoughts:

I have to say I didn't find it funny at all! I found the whole plot a bit too serious to laugh at it for a start...and the characters were far too "joke" characters...at least with Porridge the characters were human and the comedy was from that
    The silly music in every scene didn't help either..I strangely would like to watch it again but not for the comedy
  • Options
    felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    I caught an episode last night and enjoyed it a lot more than I expected to. It wasn't the best thing I've ever seen but it was decent for a couple of late-night chuckles. I didn't expect it be so absolutely farcical; I thought it was going to be a much more serious black-comedy type affair. Will probably give it another watch if I come stumble over it again.
  • Options
    MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pedro wrote: »
    How could they cancel that and yet put rubbish like Miranda on?

I have to confess that I actually liked Miranda, I know....
    I also thought she was the best one in 'Call The Midwife,' she looked exactly how I imagined Chummy to be in my head, when reading the book.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the acting was totally over the top; the actors were obviously having a whale of a time.which usually means it'll be hell for the viewer.

It reminded me, actually, of two other programmes:

1. The parody of a 'comedy' series in "Extras"

2. The comedy "Brass" in the 1980s.

The first wasn't intended to be taken as genuine, while the second worked very well. Which, unfortunately, is not true of Dead Boss.
  • Options
    BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved it :D
  • Options
    suesuesuesuesuesue Posts: 16,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like it. The different characters being introduced are a bit like Psychoville.
  • Options
    MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    suesuesue wrote: »
    I like it. The different characters being introduced are a bit like Psychoville.

How funny you mentioned Psychoville, it kept reminding me of it too.
  • Options
    Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,759
    Forum Member
    I really liked it, the murder mystery element of it, and the comedy side of it. I loved Susan Calman as 'Fatty', her silent appearance (when she stuck her thumb up and had wild eyes at nicking the questions for the quiz) and Bryony Hannah as Christine.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched the first 2 episodes and liked it. Thought that sometimes it was a bit uneven in the second episode, but laughed and laughed at the letter from Maurice, and her reply: "Next time I'd like to see what I'm like wearing trousers." :D:D:D
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying it. Big fan of Horgan's following Pulling and Monkey Dust.

It's pleasingly daft.

And having Emma Pierson wear tight, tight leather trousers doesn't hurt.
  • Options
    mel_drewmel_drew Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was looking forward to it, mainly because of Sharon Horgan, but have found it very disappointing. I'm afraid that, as one of the writers, she needs to give herself more to do than just run around the set shouting "SHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHIT....................."

Best to get a proper writer to do her a proper sitcom, and use the leftover cast and set for a reimagining of "Cell Block H."
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    this show is great but for me what really makes the show is the amazing emma pierson she looked stunning in the the last episode,
  • Options
    premixxedpremixxed Posts: 3,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't get into it, find all the characters totally unlikable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think the latest episode wasn't that great, but generally I'm really enjoying it, and it's got some really funny lines, like 'getting that new shower gel from Big Mags for helping her to write that abusive letter to Vernon Kay'
  • Options
    dadioflexdadioflex Posts: 1,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How'd I miss this? Love Sharon Horgan.
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    I do love Dead Boss, I am really getting into it, Thursdays are my fab night cos a new ep, very mysterious!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i really love it! a bit daft but anything with her in makes me chuckle! easy watching!:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    It is a shame it bored me to tears and just cannot get into, as I really do like the irish women in it (main one).
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Emma Pierson. That is all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    What humour?
    I found nothing funny whatsoever.
    Lousy script
    SO recorded it and I endured around 15 minutes before I found something else to do.
    Appalling.
    I won't be watching again.
  • Options
    Miles_TMiles_T Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best comedy show this year, so far, by some distance. Sharon Horgan can do no wrong, love it and her :D
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm getting desperate to just find out who the murderer was now. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Loved the cameo from Tony Blackburn and Caroline Quentin's SuBo knockoff!
  • Options
    modeyinkmodeyink Posts: 2,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nearly screamed out loud when Carl showed up! (Old Libs fan.)
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    It was funny tonight, I really am struggling to work out who the murderer is,I think odds are it will be That Mary or Justin but I think they could surprise us with something out of the blue like this Maurice she keeps writing too?