Options

Dopiest crimes that have been committed?

PrincessEssexPrincessEssex Posts: 1,414
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.cracked.com/blog/8-criminals-who-took-dumbassery-to-staggering-heights/

After reading these I wondered what is the dopiest crime committed that you have heard of?

Some of those above are hilarious and I'd love to hear more!

Comments

• Options
    HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i saw a clip a couple of years ago where someone tried to snatch a microphone from the hand of a female reporter doing a LIVE to camera interview. No mask, full face view, and he got approx 5 yards before being tackled and apprehended by an angry camera crew.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What goes through these peoples minds?
  • Options
    seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the best one I read about was when a lad broke in to someones home, took what he could and then walked home, but the deep snow kinda helped the police find him.
  • Options
    soransoran Posts: 1,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They don't get much better than this one :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgJymBRYJkQ
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A man paid a so called wizard to make him invisible, him actually believing he was invisible, decided to get naked and go and rob and bank. But he clearly wasn't invisible.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ha brilliant about being invisible. Would you not run checks first??
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are lots because there are many dopey thieves around.

One i remember was a group of not very bright thieves who broke in a store where they knew there was a safe. Because they couldn't crack the safe they decided to remove it and chained it behind their car and dragged it back to their 'hideout'.

It didn't take the Police long to find them and they still hadn't got the safe open.
  • Options
    UffaUffa Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A man held up our local bank wearing a motorcycle helmet. His name was emblazoned for all to see on the back of the helmet. He was arrested the same day. :D
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Handbag Pensioner still tops my list for single handedly tackling a bunch of useless robbers!

Bag Lady 10/10

Robbers 0/10

Hilarious stuff!! :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant!! I bet arresting officers have to stifle their laughter!!
  • Options
    Stormwave UKStormwave UK Posts: 5,088
    Forum Member
    I remember two stories from a book on robberies gone wrong.

One was a man who held up a bank. He handed a note to the cashier saying "You're being robbed, hand over the money." Or something to that effect. He took the money and exited the bank. When he got home, the police were waiting for him. The note he had written on was an envelope with his address on the other side.

Another was a man who had an ingenious idea to rob a shop. He selected some goods and went to the till. He handed over a £20 note. When the shopkeeper opened the till, he grabbed the contents and ran. He walked away with about £3, and never got his £20 back. It cost him £17.