Options

New Hawaii Five O (Sky One)

Comments

• Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,705
    Forum Member
    -Batman- wrote: »
    Well that was a very far fetched episode to say the least.
    How so, exactly? :confused:
    Take it that was Catherine's exit too
    Yes. And not a bad way to write her out I suppose.
  • Options
    mandybluemandyblue Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    This Episode was very good it had everything Intense, exciting, exhausting and Heart breaking

The crime of the week was interesting about organs.

The poker game was fun with Kono beating the boys at their own game and Steve asking Danny to lend him some money.

Alex gave a great performance of a capture soldier and at one point looking really scared when he was about to have his head chopped off. The torture scenes were very good and hard to watch.
    Loved all the Bromance scenes with Steve an Danny
    The CIA guy was so disrespectful toward Steve
    Really upset that they have written Cath out of Five 0 really liked her character.
    The ending was very sad with Steve and Catherine and that phone call saying they love each other.

I am so glad they did not kill of Catherine but left the door open to come back. And I think she will be back maybe at the end of season 5 or in season 6 because Steve needs her.
  • Options
    chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved this show up until Grover came into it. Now we have lost Catherine too.
  • Options
    Pacman1854Pacman1854 Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved this show up until Grover came into it.

If you're not a fan of Grover, I'd avoid the season finale next week.
  • Options
    Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How so, exactly? :confused:

Yes. And not a bad way to write her out I suppose.

Really? Just happens to be the same terrorists they've dealt with, that kidnap the kid Cath goes to help? I mean...the world is big, dude.

Not a bad episode. Though it felt like I'd literally already seen it. I mean, this exact story has been used over and over. Soldier befriends Iraqi, comes back at later date to save them when they need help. It's like the new war cliche.
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mandyblue wrote: »
    This Episode was very good it had everything Intense, exciting, exhausting and Heart breaking

The crime of the week was interesting about organs.

The poker game was fun with Kono beating the boys at their own game and Steve asking Danny to lend him some money.

Alex gave a great performance of a capture soldier and at one point looking really scared when he was about to have his head chopped off. The torture scenes were very good and hard to watch.
    Loved all the Bromance scenes with Steve an Danny
    The CIA guy was so disrespectful toward Steve
    Really upset that they have written Cath out of Five 0 really liked her character.
    The ending was very sad with Steve and Catherine and that phone call saying they love each other.

I am so glad they did not kill of Catherine but left the door open to come back. And I think she will be back maybe at the end of season 5 or in season 6 because Steve needs her.

Or so easy to kill off if she decides not to comeback, especially considering where in the World she is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Really? Just happens to be the same terrorists they've dealt with, that kidnap the kid Cath goes to help? I mean...the world is big, dude.
    Oh. That. I see your point. But then I don't really care. :)
  • Options
    REVUpminsterREVUpminster Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This series is so far into fantasy land that the only similarity to the original is replacing Red Chinese of the seventies with Islamic terrorist reflecting I suppose the producers of the two era's.

Perhaps McGarrett could take on that vast world wide conspiracy known as FIFA but that would be too difficult and there would not be so many gun battles to titillate the audience.
  • Options
    sazuburnssazuburns Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    I don't think I have ever seen such a lacklustre season finale! Where was the tension and atmosphere?
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sazuburns wrote: »
    I don't think I have ever seen such a lacklustre season finale! Where was the tension and atmosphere?

Felt exactly the same. And the "cliffhanger" was a massive letdown as well. We lose Michelle Borth and gain Chi McBride .. I certainly know who i'd prefer :)

The only logical reason i can think of for him to be promoted to series regular, as I assume he will be, is that they plan to kill him off early - maybe Wo Fat bumps him off?
  • Options
    lola14lola14 Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I missed it! My daughter wanted to watch an Ed Sheran documentary. In all honesty, I've lost all interest, and it doesn't sound like I missed much!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lola14 wrote: »
    I missed it! My daughter wanted to watch an Ed Sheran documentary. In all honesty, I've lost all interest, and it doesn't sound like I missed much!

A friend of mine who started watching it has pretty much lost interest in it now as well.

I suppose it's the downside of a long running procedural like this that they have to keep it fairly light and have plenty of 'case of the week' stuff if they want to keep it going, but this ultimately gets a bit dull and repetitive.

I still don't mind it though - the interaction between Danny and Steve is often worth watching and at least they've got a bit of a story arc going with the Wo Fat stuff and Steve's mother. Nothing like NCIS which is just case of the week, week in, week out and just utterly bored the arse off me until i dropped it.
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A friend of mine who started watching it has pretty much lost interest in it now as well.

I suppose it's the downside of a long running procedural like this that they have to keep it fairly light and have plenty of 'case of the week' stuff if they want to keep it going, but this ultimately gets a bit dull and repetitive.

I still don't mind it though - the interaction between Danny and Steve is often worth watching and at least they've got a bit of a story arc going with the Wo Fat stuff and Steve's mother. Nothing like NCIS which is just case of the week, week in, week out and just utterly bored the arse off me until i dropped it.

Just perfect for Sunday night viewing, before the serious stuff in the week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sazuburns wrote: »

I loved it is was a great episode with lots going on and all the new story lines that we are going to get in season 5.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Loved it great episode with lots of action to finish the season.

I love Wo Fat glad he was back want to see more of him with Steve next season
    The Rent Me car chase scene at the beginning was funny
    I liked Ian Wright he was a good bad guy pity Wo Fat killed him.
    It was cool when Ian walked into Five 0 to tell the team who has the money then walked out again.
    Glad they mentioned Cath.
    The missing money was a good twist.

I like Grover as the HPD Swat Captain not sure about him being on the team next season will just have to wait and see what happens.
    Why did Wo Fat kill Ian and free Grover daughter and how did he know where they were.

So now we have all these new story lines for next season. can not wait to see season 5

I have loved this season it has been very good. The episodes I found boring was when Danny mother came for a visit in 15, 16, 17 too much of her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Felt exactly the same. And the "cliffhanger" was a massive letdown as well. We lose Michelle Borth and gain Chi McBride .. I certainly know who i'd prefer :)

The only logical reason i can think of for him to be promoted to series regular, as I assume he will be, is that they plan to kill him off early - maybe Wo Fat bumps him off?

There was no Cliffhanger last night so no let down.

I think Chi Mcbride was made a regular and on the team, is when Scott is away doing other things. So we will have Steve team up with Grover when Scott is not in town.
    If grace is away then Chin will team up with Grover.
  • Options
    CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member

Think he's been promoted for Wo Fat to use him, he does owe him after he saved his daughter.

Strange episode for me, I don't mind Grover but to be honest I couldn't have cared less if the daughter died and when did his wife turn up, I'm sure they said they were separated when he had his heart to heart with Steve
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was no Cliffhanger last night so no let down

That's why I used the word in quotes because I was aware there was no cliffhanger.
    I think Chi Mcbride was made a regular and on the team, is when Scott is away doing other things. So we will have Steve team up with Grover when Scott is not in town.
    If grace is away then Chin will team up with Grover.

I suppose with the Entourage film out next year, he'll be required to do a degree of promotional work so may well miss some episodes, so I can certainly see the logic of having McBride step in, but then with how things are planned out, i'm sure they could have worked something out.

Don't get me wrong, I have no objection to Chi McBride or the character of Grover, but I just don't really see a lot of mileage with him joining the team unless ..
    Caltonfan wrote: »
    Think he's been promoted for Wo Fat to use him, he does owe him after he saved his daughter

.. this turns out to be true. It could certainly add an interesting sub-plot to the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Caltonfan wrote: »
    Think he's been promoted for Wo Fat to use him, he does owe him after he saved his daughter.

Strange episode for me, I don't mind Grover but to be honest I couldn't have cared less if the daughter died and when did his wife turn up, I'm sure they said they were separated when he had his heart to heart with Steve

I love that idea of yours. about Grover been promoted for Wo Fat to use him and maybe to get to Steve as well.
  • Options
    LondonKiwiLondonKiwi Posts: 2,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has it definitely received a full season order (22 eps) as they only need 7 to get to the magic 100 number for syndication? Perhaps its only a 12 season order.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LondonKiwi wrote: »
    Has it definitely received a full season order (22 eps) as they only need 7 to get to the magic 100 number for syndication? Perhaps its only a 12 season order.

Peter Lenkov the show runner and producer, writer for Five 0 has already said there will be 24 episodes for season 5. Can not wait to see what kind of episode 100 will be like.
  • Options
    AliU2maniacAliU2maniac Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was fast paced, Grover's torment was well played by Chi McBride and the Jonas kid was pretty good.The whole team worked together well.

Steve & Danny in the clown car was hilarious :D I bet there are plenty of out-takes from that shooting day!

I've really enjoyed this season and I can't wait for Season 5.
  • Options
    Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good episode, limp finale. Basically last season we got a Wo Fat cliffhanger, and the promise of "answers next season", then nothing happens, then the exact same thing happens at the end of this with him escaping....except it happens early on and you assume the end will have something happen, then the credits scroll...

I've said it before but they totally wasted the Asian gang wars plot. It should have been the arc in the background for the season (since there wasn't actually one this season...), gun fights, maybe even dare I say a sword fight? Yet everything happened offscreen and was over in an episode or two. I can't even remember the last episode Adam was even on!

Actually like Grover, but then I like Catherine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nothing like NCIS which is just case of the week, week in, week out and just utterly bored the arse off me until i dropped it.
    This is the first season I can remember that hasn't had a season-long arc.

And I liked the ep. I don't always like cliff-hangers :)
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed the season finale, not the best they’ve ever done but not the worst either.
    I’m glad there’s going to be a season five.

LondonKiwi wrote: »

The ‘100 episodes for syndication’ is just an approximation, in reality 4 full seasons (of 22 episodes or more) will get a programme into syndication.