Options

Not buying Kellie at all.

LoisLois Posts: 118,147
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
I know the the papers have been full of Frank Maloney revealing that he's now Kellie, and has been living as Kellie for a year.

But I'm not buying it. :cool:

Not in a nasty way, There's just something not right, it's like it's all an act.
Would BB be clever enough to set this up?
Would this be the reason "Kellie" is reported to be the highest paid "celeb" in this BB?

Appologies if I'm wrong, I know it seems far fetched. But...

Comments

• Options
    achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you saying they concocted a backstory like they did for Gina and Dexter?
  • Options
    Mo_Park1Mo_Park1 Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    nothing would surprise me! lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    achro wrote: »

Yes :)
  • Options
    Shine_OnShine_On Posts: 1,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not an act, he really was living as Kellie for a long time before it was revealed in the papers.
  • Options
    James_Barker1James_Barker1 Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    I really don't think big brother would be that insensitive, they do tend to walk a very fine line with race and homophobia/ trans phobia, and if they did make a story up it would be in very poor taste. I have to say Kellie is genuine, I mean it's likely she's been struggling with this for awhile so it's unlikely that the public would see any 'signs' for want of a better word.

I know Op you don't mean any harm by the thread; but I know too well that trans people struggle enough to be taken seriously, so I just think this needs to be handled very carefully.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Surely they wouldn't go that far.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know where you're coming from OP, it's almost too bizarre to be real.
  • Options
    Dave_62Dave_62 Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she's just not very good at being a woman yet. It's only been a year so it is one big act at the moment. She looks really nervous too.
  • Options
    David166David166 Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you have to be kidding right. The world doesn't begin and end with bb. I can only think that kellie went in as a last minute recruit cos bb loves a bit of exploitation and she thought it may knock down a few barriers..
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some of them certainly the men will know of frank maloney
  • Options
    HoneysmumHoneysmum Posts: 378
    Forum Member
    I think its an incredibly brave thing for her to do and I hope the girls take her under their wing and help her along being a girl - Respect :)
  • Options
    DeolDeol Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do believe its true because he was quite a hateful person when running for mayor and I always think people who are very vocally hateful to other peoples lifestyles often have something to hide themselves. Which in Kellie's case turned out to be true.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really don't think big brother would be that insensitive, they do tend to walk a very fine line with race and homophobia/ trans phobia, and if they did make a story up it would be in very poor taste. I have to say Kellie is genuine, I mean it's likely she's been struggling with this for awhile so it's unlikely that the public would see any 'signs' for want of a better word.

I know Op you don't mean any harm by the thread; but I know too well that trans people struggle enough to be taken seriously, so I just think this needs to be handled very carefully.

I have a transgender friend, I remember her struggles early on, I hope I'm not coming across as insensitive.
  • Options
    James_Barker1James_Barker1 Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    sixtynine wrote: »
    I have a transgender friend, I remember her struggles early on, I hope I'm not coming across as insensitive.

I didn't think you came across insensitive at all. I just wanted to voice my concerns about it.
  • Options
    psy7chpsy7ch Posts: 10,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    we will add that to the list

Mike wasn't really blind
    Sam had perfect hearing
  • Options
    HBBHBB Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No, that he has made up the weirdest attention seeking story ever.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    psy7ch wrote: »
    we will add that to the list

Mike wasn't really blind
    Sam had perfect hearing

I knew it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    When she went in she said she nearly pulled out she was that scared
  • Options
    freddieaxlfreddieaxl Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her gender reassignment is "all an act"?

This is pretty low-tier stuff. It must be QUITE annoying to have the courage to be openly transgender in a field such as boxing and people be sceptical of it.

I think she's very brave.

(OP i read you didn't mean to be insensitive, that's fair i'm just expressing my opinion)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I actually think she is very well presented :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Honeysmum wrote: »
    I actually think she is very well presented :)

Yes me too, I think she looks very presentable.

I've seen pictures of her as frank and she looks much better as a woman.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes me too, I think she looks very presentable.

I've seen pictures of her as frank and she looks much better as a woman.

Infact "Frenchie" looks a whole lot more masculine with a couple of fake additions :D
  • Options
    TreyCTreyC Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get how someone who believes in equality and transitioning would also come out a few years previous in protest for UKIP with anti-gay comments and also not campaign in London because it's 'filled with gays'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member

What's the story here?
  • Options
    abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    Shine_On wrote: »
    It's not an act, he really was living as Kellie for a long time before it was revealed in the papers.
    And you know this how?