Options

Thrown off a bus because Muslim did not like something

Comments

• Options
    dragonzorddragonzord Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whether the muslim lady complained because of the pig noises (and maybe paranoia kicked in) or whether it was something else as others suggest, what always comes out is muslim bashing in the responses (I'm talking DM here). This is but one incident which as yet we don't know what actually happened, we have just one side being reported in the press, but it's immediately jumped on and extrapolated how muslims as a whole are incompatible with British values and way of life. People are so quick to assume.

The way the DM reports is extremely divisive to be honest, but I guess that's what sells their papers and keeps their shareholders happy. I bet if it turns out it was nothing to do with pig noises and entirely because this couple were unpleasant towards this women we won't be hearing about it. Because that doesn't sell papers.

why do people have a hard time believing stories like this is it the other way around it would be true in their minds.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    I doubt a company like First would have audio recordings, for most cases visual is enough plus they would have to state if they were recording sound like they do visual.

That's a great pity. The audio is just as important - more so with some incidents - as the video.

Actual hard evidence is so very important in cases like this. So we can see and hear exactly what went on.
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member
    dragonzord wrote: »
    muslims have to be more accepting of our ways and lifestyle in western society.
    Non muslims should not change our lifestyle so that we don't upset muslims.

You seem to have an obsession with Muslims being a "problem". Most of them aren't, so stop worrying!
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a01020304 wrote: »
    yet again muslims getting their own way.
    it was a double deck bus why did she not just move upstairs or elsewhere on bus
    what nationality was the driver?

all muslims have to remember this is the uk so they have to respect other people faith but also their day to day life, we are not a muslim country so dont treat it like one

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2770621/Couple-singing-Peppa-Pig-theme-tune-toddler-daughter-thrown-bus-passenger-accused-racist.html

Good old Daily Wail, even give us a picture of a bus, just in case........:D

No racism just a couple who think it's ok to make an unacceptable racket on a bus, then try and cash in and stir up more trouble for Muslims.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why do people have a hard time believing stories like this is it the other way around it would be true in their minds.

A pig getting thrown off a bus because Muslims were singing anti-pork songs?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    why do people have a hard time believing stories like this
    Because they're usually false.
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »

Gave you a picture of a bus in Doncaster town centre when it happened in Rotherham :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »

...and not just any bus, but the fabled X78....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How long somebody gets thrown off the bus because they got their dog on the bus and it upsets a muslim.

How long before a Muslim gets on a bus and it upsets you? Must happen all the time! :)
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The local paper seems to suggest that the CCTV shows the Muslim woman talking to the couple and then talking to the driver - it doesn't say if there's any audio recordings. I'd be surprised if they did record audio to be fair because any conversations would be largely drowned out by engine noise and everything else going on on the bus.
    I doubt a company like First would have audio recordings, for most cases visual is enough plus they would have to state if they were recording sound like they do visual.

Yeah that was kind of what I'd have expected. In most cases of issues on a bus it's going to be fine to be able to see who "threw the first punch". In this case the cctv will be next to useless

Couple sitting by woman and say / sing something
    Woman speaks to couple
    Woman speaks to driver
    Driver speaks to couple
    Couple get off bus.

Impossible to tell from that if there was any abuse, or even if the driver ordered them off the bus or they left of their own will.

So short of video phone footage emerging it will just be a he said / she said issue.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »
    Because they're usually false.
    Yup.....
    Gave you a picture of a bus in Doncaster town centre when it happened in Rotherham :p
    blueblade wrote: »
    ...and not just any bus, but the fabled X78....

Journalism at it's finest.:D
  • Options
    Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hypnodisc wrote: »
    Muslims can be defined as a race, as can any culturally affiliated group, by dictionary definition.

But sure, I get what you're saying. Probably best to stick with terms such as 'bigoted', 'predjudiced' and 'Islamaphobic' to be on the semantic safe side.

Rubbish. Anybody can be a Muslim - Asian, white, black... so how can they be defined as a race?

And FYI I don't like Islam either but I at least know my facts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Naa_KwaKai wrote: »
    Rubbish. Anybody can be a Muslim - Asian, white, black... so how can they be defined as a race?

Indeed - anybody can be a traveller (gypsy), but they are still classed as a race.

The role is fully interchangeable with a member of the settled community, but the one is classed as a race, whereas the other isn't.

Yes, I agree, it's bloody weird.
  • Options
    CSJBCSJB Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    Naa_KwaKai wrote: »

He is literally arguing black is white.
    A 1st even for DS :D
  • Options
    The infidelThe infidel Posts: 3,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, British people are assumed to be in the wrong when accused by not British accusers.
  • Options
    blue eyed guyblue eyed guy Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muslims have to be more accepting of our ways and lifestyle in western society.
    Non muslims should not change our lifestyle so that we don't upset muslims.

You have it wrong, this guy tells you how it has to be...for now.

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv70/Trigger_happy_album/cameron-islam_zpsd3665478.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hypnodisc wrote: »
    Muslims can be defined as a race, as can any culturally affiliated group, by dictionary definition.

But sure, I get what you're saying. Probably best to stick with terms such as 'bigoted', 'predjudiced' and 'Islamaphobic' to be on the semantic safe side.

What? Which race would that be?

Muslim means a follower of Islam. Nothing whatsoever to do with race.

Definition of Muslim in English:
    Muslim
    Line breaks: Mus¦lim
    Pronunciation: /ˈmʊzlɪm , ˈmʌz-, -s-/
    (also Moslem)
    NOUN

A follower of the religion of Islam.
    MORE EXAMPLE SENTENCES
    ADJECTIVE

Relating to Muslims or their religion.
  • Options
    MudboxMudbox Posts: 10,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if Peppa the pig eats bacon....if she does then she is a cannibal!....
  • Options
    tealadytealady Posts: 26,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, British people are assumed to be in the wrong when accused by not British accusers.
    Only in the DM, Express.
  • Options
    tealadytealady Posts: 26,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    3. The couple were making an unholy racket singing, the content of the song being irrelevant, and the woman, whose religion was also irrelevant, complained about the noise, rather than the porcine content of such. Things got heated, as they are wont to do on buses, and the vocalists were ejected, being rude enough to the driver to prompt him to warn other drivers.

Yup, it's all speculation. But I've seen the above happen so many times on buses that it's hardly baseless.
    Sounds plausible. I've experienced numerous mums playing loud videos to their kids, oblivious to anyone else on the bus with no consideration to others.
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I, Candy wrote: »
    I'm calling BS. Two likely scenarios:

1. The whole story has been fabricated.
    2. The couple saw the Muslim woman and decided to wind her up by making pig noises and making offensive remarks to her. When they got thrown off the bus, they went running to the papers to complain that all they were doing was singing an innocent song to their kiddie.

Or, the story is true.
    What are the chances a couple travelling with a 15 month old autistic child would suddenly decide to wind-up an Asian woman for fun ?
    It sounds more like the Asian woman getting the wrong end of the stick. Words were probably exchanged and things got heated. But the driver was involved in some way, the CCTV footage proves that. Did he ask the couple to get off the bus with their daughter ? We don't know for sure, but I would say that it appears highly likely from the evidence.
    I would have called his bluff and told him to call the police.
  • Options
    dragonzorddragonzord Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »
    How long before a Muslim gets on a bus and it upsets you? Must happen all the time! :)

the only muslims i have a problem with are the ones are not accepting of western lifestyles .they can do one ,I am not changing my ways and lifestyle just to make muslims happy.muslims can live there ways and muslims must let non muslims live our ways.
    If the muslims that hate western lifestyles can easily move to a islamic country.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or, the story is true.
    What are the chances a couple travelling with a 15 month old autistic child would suddenly decide to wind-up an Asian woman for fun ?
    It sounds more like the Asian woman getting the wrong end of the stick. Words were probably exchanged and things got heated. But the driver was involved in some way, the CCTV footage proves that. Did he ask the couple to get off the bus with their daughter ? We don't know for sure, but I would say that it appears highly likely from the evidence.
    I would have called his bluff and told him to call the police.

There could be two reasons he told them to get off, the route is driven by Rotherham drivers and as it is a long route (nearly hour and a half in rush hour from Doncaster to Sheffield) he may have been due a changeover at Rotherham Interchange and just wanted to get there asap as it could have been his last shift of the day, in that scenario he wouldn't want to sit waiting for the police to turn up and have to stay behind and do paperwork on the incident or he just couldn't be bothered knowing the police might take a while to turn up and do nothing and his bosses would have asked if the police were really needed for such an incident.
  • Options
    frisky pythonfrisky python Posts: 9,737
    Forum Member

For some it will be from experience ie parents being loud with their kids, someone complains about the noise, and it goes from there. I've seen it as have many others. Also when the usual stories of Muslims complaining hit the red top press, a bit of digging shows it not to be as reported but the full story or a follow up is never forthcoming from the red tops. It's not in their financial interests to do so.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On my local bus there is a black man who gets on, he clearly has issues he sits on the bus chanting about Jesus and other stuff he makes people very uncomfortable but so far the stiff British upper lip most people sit facing the front or look out of the window and wish they were where they were going.

Unfortunately when another black woman gets on he starts making derogatory comments about them, not sure why he dislikes them so much.

But it is only a matter of time before someone explodes at him, a few drivers have said to me they hate it when he is on and want to get to town asap.

He was on last week at 6pm and some teenagers were on and they started mocking him luckily he only went three stops but if it ever explodes and it's a white person has a go at him it is more likely to end up in the DM as a racist incident.