Housing Benefit payments - Housing Association

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My HB normally goes in every four weeks on a Thursday but this week is wasnt there. I've only just looked on the system today so cant check with office. It may be a computer glitch. But can they suspend payments without informing you? I cant think of why they would, I am a carer and things havn't changed, so maybe just paranoid.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, you might be just paranoid.
    If the payment is not there on Monday, give them a call, sometimes payments may take longer to be cleared through banks.

As far as I know they wouldn't suspend payments without inform you and giving you a reason for it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, you might be just paranoid.
    If the payment is not there on Monday, give them a call, sometimes payments may take longer to be cleared through banks.

As far as I know they wouldn't suspend payments without inform you and giving you a reason for it.

Thanks chrita, I'm more than paranoid, I'm also thinking that it will affect my carers allowance and I wont get that on Monday either! It was paid late once before but then I;ve noticed they adjust the payment dates on the system to make it look like they've always paid it in on time. But I don't think its gone so long. But yes I must stop worrying.
  • MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    give it a few days as its always possible somethings gone wrong at the councils end so its a day or 2 late but for housing associations i'd imagine the council would of rang and warned them so they won't start sending out the nasty letters just yet

and the reason they adjust the date is that the payments will cover from x to y dates but probably will be a few days behind but the HA will use the from/to dates on the payment file
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,565
    Forum Member
    cj1234 wrote: »
    Thanks chrita, I'm more than paranoid, I'm also thinking that it will affect my carers allowance and I wont get that on Monday either! It was paid late once before but then I;ve noticed they adjust the payment dates on the system to make it look like they've always paid it in on time. But I don't think its gone so long. But yes I must stop worrying.

Housing benefit is paid by the council and carers allowance is from central gov so they are not connected at all.
    They wont stop iether without telling you so stop worrying and enjoy the weather.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daveetwo wrote: »
    Housing benefit is paid by the council and carers allowance is from central gov so they are not connected at all.
    They wont stop iether without telling you so stop worrying and enjoy the weather.

Thanks for all your lovely replies, I bet you think I'm stupid! i'm actually lying in my living room in central London with two fans blasting cold air on me - I just cant bear weather this hot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    Hey :)

Legally they have to write to you if they suspend your payments. Probably best to call on Monday to put your mind at ease.