Sod this he did mutter
    I do wish one had never mated
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about something short and to the point

Let's wish the poor cow lots of luck
    Although most of us couldn't give a ****

Personally I think it has rather a regal tone to it.
  • rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    They deserve it. Why should we pay to keep them in their life's of luxury? What have they done to earn this privilege? Absolutely bugger all.
    Why in this day in age can a Catholic not be allowed into this horrible family?
    It's time to take the public purse away from them and let them stand on their own two feet

They do more work than a huge numbers of the freeloaders and predators in this country if truth be told. Have a go at them, the ones who sponge and those who live a criminal life preying on the innocent. The royals have taken down a lot of traditional barriers built up over centuries. You have no idea what their lives are like or the pressures they face. No matter how priviledged someone else's life appears it comes at a price.

I really can't get my head around anyone who attacks people who represent decency and standards and have no choice in life like most of us, when there are plenty of vile people committing all sorts of inhumanity against their fellow man. No offence but there really are many, many people in this world far more worthy of vitriol. Many people find a great sense of pride in our royal family and millions line the Mall at major events so I am far from alone in that view. I think think of plenty of more worthwhile causes to rant about myself :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rattie wrote: »
    I really can't get my head around anyone who

You can blame Nu Labour for that one. :cry:
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do Kate and Wills qualify for the showbiz section............ FFS
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    Oh no :( We're never going to hear the end of it. Wake me up in 3 months.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »

ah but then you've got the first smile, crawl, walk and by that time to get the heir and a spare we will be going through it all over again ;)
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Urgh, enough! *shakes magic beans in Kate's direction* time for delivery already!
  • marianna01marianna01 Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »

I would make that at least 21 years!! :)
  • Dicey RileyDicey Riley Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Waity Katy (a name coined by the media) - is now letting the media wait (and in that heat):D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect the due date was always some time early August but they just wanted to mess with the world media - the ultra hot weather is a bonus.
  • quatroquatro Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rattie wrote: »
    They do more work than a huge numbers of the freeloaders and predators in this country if truth be told. Have a go at them, the ones who sponge and those who live a criminal life preying on the innocent. The royals have taken down a lot of traditional barriers built up over centuries. You have no idea what their lives are like or the pressures they face. No matter how priviledged someone else's life appears it comes at a price.

I really can't get my head around anyone who attacks people who represent decency and standards and have no choice in life like most of us, when there are plenty of vile people committing all sorts of inhumanity against their fellow man. No offence but there really are many, many people in this world far more worthy of vitriol. Many people find a great sense of pride in our royal family and millions line the Mall at major events so I am far from alone in that view. I think think of plenty of more worthwhile causes to rant about myself :confused:

I agree with every word of this, and could not have put it better myself. Too many people don't give a thought to what the royal lives and pressures are like when they bring in millions of pounds to the economy, then go off and hero worship some z celebrity whose only achievement was to be on the tv a couple of times.
  • julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No matter how much help or money Kate has she still has to go through the labour to bring the baby into this world and this is something she can't avoid
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal
    #royal #kate my understanding security in Bucklebury has virtually disappeared - a sign perhaps if #Kate was there, she is no longer

What Would Kate Do ‏@WWKD_Official
    We do believe she has returned to Kensington Palace in anticipation of labor, but not because of labor :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kate is just so unlikable so are her fame hungry family. The baby will probably be taken off her after two minutes so the Royal nanny can care for him/her, Kate doesn't seem to like to work at anything.
    I really don't think people care about this birth, it was different with Diana and baby William being born. As much as they will try to recreate the excitement around Williams birth it just won't work now, Kate is not Diana, everyone loved Diana then and William is a bore..he was more interesting as a baby!

I bet the baby is ginger anyway, Kate and Harry have great chemistry..she has ridden him at some stage I bet.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    quatro wrote: »
    I agree with every word of this, and could not have put it better myself. Too many people don't give a thought to what the royal lives and pressures are like when they bring in millions of pounds to the economy, then go off and hero worship some z celebrity whose only achievement was to be on the tv a couple of times.

bib: So you would prefer to hero-worship a family of largely out of touch strangers, who exist by accident of birth or by marrying into the rabble.
  • Mommie DearestMommie Dearest Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    Nikkiclody wrote: »
    Kate is just so unlikable so are her fame hungry family. The baby will probably be taken off her after two minutes so the Royal nanny can care for him/her, Kate doesn't seem to like to work at anything.
    I really don't think people care about this birth, it was different with Diana and baby William being born. As much as they will try to recreate the excitement around Williams birth it just won't work now, Kate is not Diana, everyone loved Diana then and William is a bore..he was more interesting as a baby!

I bet the baby is ginger anyway, Kate and Harry have great chemistry..she has ridden him at some stage I bet.

I'm not an ardent royalist or anything like that but I do have a tenuous family connection to the Middleton's and have it on good authority that Kate is actually a very nice, polite, well-brought up young woman so maybe cut her some slack, eh?
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meilie wrote: »
    Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal
    #royal #kate my understanding security in Bucklebury has virtually disappeared - a sign perhaps if #Kate was there, she is no longer

What Would Kate Do ‏@WWKD_Official
    We do believe she has returned to Kensington Palace in anticipation of labor, but not because of labor :)

I don't think the baby was ever due last weekend, I think she's probably due next week sometime. Didn't Carole Middleton tell someone the baby would be a Leo? In that case Kate must be due sometime after the 21st of July.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member

I too can't help thinking we've seen it all before. I'm not terribly convinced that William and Kate love one another, or that William really wants to be king.
    I don't think the baby was ever due last weekend, I think she's probably due next week sometime. Didn't Carole Middleton tell someone the baby would be a Leo? In that case Kate must be due sometime after the 21st of July.

My money is on Tuesday.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    I'm not an ardent royalist or anything like that but I do have a tenuous family connection to the Middleton's and have it on good authority that Kate is actually a very nice, polite, well-brought up young woman so maybe cut her some slack, eh?

If she wasn't well brought up or polite she wouldn't have been allowed over the threshold of Sandringham, so there aint no doubt about that. The point is shes not very likeable, neither her nor the Middletons have warmed to the public. They seem to most like social climbers
  • rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    quatro wrote: »

Thanks hun :)

Really? What's unlikeable? She's gracious, elegant, attractive, unassuming and has slotted into what many would consider an unenviable and difficult role perfectly. William and Kate are ticking all the boxes...a very together couple who are reserved a lot of the time and calm and controlled. I'm not actually sure what you think would be a better combination when it comes to a future King & Queen?! No one is perfect, they seem ideal for the job to me. Her Majesty is hardly setting fireworks off, the role of the monarch and their consort is one of duty and sensibiliity. We have enough tarnished, badly behaved wannabes given the 'crown' of celebrity, good for William & Kate, I don't think we could have hoped for a better pairing to one day sit on the throne :)

I'm not surprised, it seems very evident even from the little we get to see.
    Meilie wrote: »
    I too can't help thinking we've seen it all before. I'm not terribly convinced that William and Kate love one another, or that William really wants to be king.

William doesn't have a choice, given what we know about past monarchs, none of them would have chosen the role but most got on with it, in the 20th century at least and tried their best.....and did a fine job. At least we haven't got Henry V111 and the like any more lol
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do Kate and Wills qualify for the showbiz section............ FFS

Though 50 or 60 years ago, royalty were the "real" celebrities in Europe and TV and movie stars, plus singers were bit part players in comparision. Things like Hola magazine (the forerunner to Hello magazine) were full of stories and photos of royalty and the aristocracy, and singers and actors never got a look in.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha ha just been reading that emergency services have rushed with blue lights flashing to K & Ws residence. Their dog got its head stuck in a gate but by the time the crew got there the dog was free.

Another BIG waste of public money no doubt.:rolleyes:
  • quatroquatro Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bib: So you would prefer to hero-worship a family of largely out of touch strangers, who exist by accident of birth or by marrying into the rabble.

I do not hero worship the royal family, nor do I expect others to. They generate a great deal of interest and income for this country and do a great deal for charitable organisations by being patrons.