Options

Matthew wright - career suicide

Comments

• Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    lulu g wrote: »
    I don't think so. He and his first wife went through IVF, unsuccessfully. I really don't think he wants to have children.
    Or as he calls them on his show 'little polluters' (which I agree with).:D
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Camino wrote: »
    he really is having IVF treatment with his wife!!

i cant post a link just look it up

My apologies, I have just looked it up. He does say that he doesn't want children though in the article I read. It doesn't make any sense to me.
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My apologies, I have just looked it up. He does say that he doesn't want children though in the article I read. It doesn't make any sense to me.

maybe he is doing it for his wife :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member

Maybe but that's not really a good enough reason, let's hope he changes his mind about his dislike for them if she manages to conceive.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked him before and I still like him very much. I'm surprised people would think he's acting differently than how he acts on his TV show?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pugamo wrote: »
    I liked him before and I still like him very much. I'm surprised people would think he's acting differently than how he acts on his TV show?
    Me too! To me he's EXACTLY the same as he is on his show. I love him - I hope he manages to stick this thing out as he's the most entertaining person in there.
  • Options
    lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought he was Frank Skinner for most of the first episode. :D

Anyhoo, Matthew is my dark horse this year, so far he's the one that has planted the way to do something winner worthy later down the line.
  • Options
    Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone please post a link to a clip showing him from last night , when he was with Amy waiting to.be picked first .

He was jumping about crazily , very exited and incorrectly thought that he'd been chosen ??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He has a wife ????

Or is it a male "wife" ??
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    Zizu58 wrote: »
    He has a wife ????

Or is it a male "wife" ??
    She is called Amelia, so no, she is a female wife.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    She is called Amelia, so no, she is a female wife.

How surprising , presumed he was gay.
  • Options
    lavender50lavender50 Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he really is having IVF treatment with his wife!!

i cant post a link just look it up
    matthews wife has confirmed on daybreak, she is having IVF treatment.
    i think matthew is probably doing the show as a big adventure and once in a lifetime trip to australia , he does love camping and fishing etc
    good luck to them both:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lavender50 wrote: »
    matthews wife has confirmed on daybreak, she is having IVF treatment.
    i think matthew is probably doing the show as a big adventure and once in a lifetime trip to australia , he does love camping and fishing etc
    good luck to them both:)

Boom boom.
  • Options
    AngelDollAngelDoll Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    mklass wrote: »
    You obviously dont know much about Matthew then do you?... I think all of those of us who watch his show quite regularly are not a bit surprised to see the way he has behaved so far!... and indeed expect him to be like that!. That doesn't take away any of his intelligence .......

^^^^^^^^
    Agree with this. :)
  • Options
    QuannoiQuannoi Posts: 1,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm finding his big-girls-blouse-ness quite endearing. At least he's not being fake like Joey Essex.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Quannoi wrote: »
    I'm finding his big-girls-blouse-ness quite endearing. At least he's not being fake like Joey Essex.
    Thats it - the expression I was looking for. A big girl's blouse - but a bloody funny and intelligent one.
  • Options
    2la2la Posts: 4,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is acting to gain airtime. Its not hard to tell how badly he is acting too with all the gurning and crying without tears. It's pathetic :yawn::D
  • Options
    I'm-a-painI'm-a-pain Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a big fan of Matthew, and am happy to see him being a little less than macho. I like his 'professional', on screen persona, but appreciate seeing the 'outside of work' side of him too.

I do hope the voting public don't try to 'break' him with multiple tasks, he has lots to offer, IMO.

xx
  • Options
    End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zizu58 wrote: »
    Can someone please post a link to a clip showing him from last night , when he was with Amy waiting to.be picked first .

He was jumping about crazily , very exited and incorrectly thought that he'd been chosen ??

Yes please. I'd love to see that clip again. Made me howl with laughter the way he was prancing about :D:D:D
  • Options
    yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he's not so much anti kids as he is anti large families. and most of his comments are tongue in cheek i think.

I didn't realise he was having ivf though. I thought it must mean in his previous relationship with the lady who had breast cancer.
  • Options
    ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    Me too! To me he's EXACTLY the same as he is on his show. I love him - I hope he manages to stick this thing out as he's the most entertaining person in there.

I TOTALLy agree. I watch his show every day before going to work and he's exactly the same person. He's always quite open (sometimes shockingly so) about his insecurities and he knows he's quite camp.
    I was just surprised he's participating in this because he's constantly missing shows because of his back problems.

I have no idea how he comes across to people that do not watch him regularly, but all to all the others he's being quite true to the persona of his own show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    yorkiegal wrote: »
    he's not so much anti kids as he is anti large families. and most of his comments are tongue in cheek i think.

I didn't realise he was having ivf though. I thought it must mean in his previous relationship with the lady who had breast cancer.

I don't think he his saying them tongue in cheek. He admits to not liking kids, even though they are having IVF treatment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    End-Em-All wrote: »
    Yes please. I'd love to see that clip again. Made me howl with laughter the way he was prancing about :D:D:D

Sadly , I can't mind a link or a clip of his prancing around :(
  • Options
    Mr ApplebeeMr Applebee Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    He's coming across more like a mr bean type wimp.

I agree with you 100%. I cant believe how different he is to how i imagined he would be.
  • Options
    Hot ButterflyHot Butterfly Posts: 2,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like him. Can't see where all the animosity is coming from. He's a good character for me.