Options

Mel B vs Sara Cox:- Who will get the final judging spot?

Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So it has emerged today that Mel B's placement as the fourth judgement isn't a given and Sara Cox may also be in the running if Mel B's contract isn't suitable. Personally I think Sara Cox would be a breath of fresh air to the panel, and would really give a different and unique perspective to the panel. It would really shake up the dynamic.

Thoughts ?

Mel or Sara

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/06/03/x-factor-judge-2014-sara-cox-mel-b_n_5436013.html

Who Should be the 4th Judge on X Factor 115 votes

Sara Cox
51% 59 votes
Mel B
48% 56 votes

Comments

• Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,990
    Forum Member
    I like that idea. She's funny, would be different that's for sure lol. I'm sure it will be Mel though
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope its Melanie. She won't take part in any Simon and Cheryl ass licking so is the perfect contrast to those two.
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Where's this Sara Cox rumour suddenly come from? :confused:
  • Options
    Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope its Melanie. She won't take part in any Simon and Cheryl ass licking so is the perfect contrast to those two.

You think Mel wouldn't lick the man who pays her bills and is the reason she is the public eyes ass ? But it won't be Sara Cox she just said it on twitter unfortunately
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    There's no way it could be Sara Cox- she presents a live Radio 2 show on a Saturday evening.
  • Options
    ComputerComputer Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's no way it could be Sara Cox- she presents a live Radio 2 show on a Saturday evening.

Dermot manages to keep his Saturday afternoon show on Radio 2 while X factor is on, so it shouldn't be a problem for Sara to pre-record her show either.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coxy is certainly an intruiging, if slightly random, choice - if the rumour is to be believed.

She's certainly witty enough to hold her own and she'd certainly have a good appreciation of what sort of music is current.

I can't really see Mel B being a good fit though. Sure, she'd appeal to the element of the audience who hate-watch the show because they'd love her slagging off everyone all the time, but I think it would get a bit tiresome.
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Coxy is certainly an intruiging, if slightly random, choice - if the rumour is to be believed.

She's certainly witty enough to hold her own and she'd certainly have a good appreciation of what sort of music is current.

I can't really see Mel B being a good fit though. Sure, she'd appeal to the element of the audience who hate-watch the show because they'd love her slagging off everyone all the time, but I think it would get a bit tiresome.

It did when she was a judge on Stepping Out. Though the situation wasn't helped by having Jason Gardner on the panel as well.

I think Mel B's brand of 'honesty' will become tiresome very quickly. I prefer judges who are constructive in their criticism.

It's a pity that Sara Cox has tweeted that she's not doing it, because I think she'd be an interesting choice. I think a radio DJ on the panel would be good.

I also think it would be good to have a vocal coach on the panel. They did that on two of the BBC casting shows and it worked well, especially as the vocal coach worked with the contestants during the week, so was able to bring up vocal issues in her comments on the show, and work with the contestants on those issues during the next week. Is Yvie Burnett still with XF? If so, she'd be a good choice.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Computer wrote: »
    Dermot manages to keep his Saturday afternoon show on Radio 2 while X factor is on, so it shouldn't be a problem for Sara to pre-record her show either.

One of the key elements is audience interaction, though. A lot of the features are based on songs sent in to fit listeners anecdotes. It wouldn't work pre-recorded.
  • Options
    Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sara Cox actually didn't tweet she isn't doing it, she said she thinks it will be Mel B, however judging by twitter, and her Radio hosts, she could well still be in the running. Sara never said she wasn't doing the show, and has actively promoted herself this morning, as a potential candidate. Twitter has had a great response to the potential casting of Cox as a judge. It would be a totally fresh and unique perspective.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sara Cox actually didn't tweet she isn't doing it, she said she thinks it will be Mel B, however judging by twitter, and her Radio hosts, she could well still be in the running. Sara never said she wasn't doing the show, and has actively promoted herself this morning, as a potential candidate. Twitter has had a great response to the potential casting of Cox as a judge. It would be a totally fresh and unique perspective.

Simon said the deal is done so I expect the new judge would know they are doing it. Its Mel B or Alesha, both bad options Think this whole Sara Cox thing is just to make it all a bit more of a surprise even though I think Sara would be brilliant, Xfactor doesn't have that much imagination or ability to surprise people,now its predictable as ever 100% sure it won't be Sara
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Simon said the deal is done so I expect the new judge would know they are doing it. Its Mel B or Alesha, both bad options Think this whole Sara Cox thing is just to make it all a bit more of a surprise even though I think Sara would be brilliant, Xfactor doesn't have that much imagination or ability to surprise people,now its predictable as ever 100% sure it won't be Sara

Did he not say the contract hadn't been signed yet though? So technically, something could happen and she could end up not doing it.

I'm sure she won't be doing it and fully expect Mel to take the spot. I think it would be a good idea though.
  • Options
    staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    Where's this Sara Cox rumour suddenly come from? :confused:
    There's not a rumour, he's just making it up because he randomly wants her on it imo.

I'd take anyone over Mel B anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There's not a rumour, he's just making it up because he randomly wants her on it imo.

I'd take anyone over Mel B anyway.

You didn't click the link and read the story then?

It's been reported on loads of sites.
  • Options
    hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She hadnt really entered my mind (Cox). But now I think about it i would love her as a judge :) But I doubt it will be as much as I want it!
  • Options
    Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't stand Sara voice
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not going to be her, I reckon its just Xfactor PR trying to stir up interest for the show. and who its going to be. Its either Mel B or Alesha, Cowell said they 'settled' {which is never good btw} on someone and the decision was made verbally so as much as some people might not want it its between those 2
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not going to be her, I reckon its just Xfactor PR trying to stir up interest for the show. and who its going to be. Its either Mel B or Alesha, Cowell said they 'settled' {which is never good btw} on someone and the decision was made verbally so as much as some people might not want it its between those 2

Alesha's appointment would make complete sense and would be a good one in my opinion. Mel B could be too harsh and overpower the show with negativity.

I had never considered Sara but she would be an intriguing choice. I wonder if the sources have got muddled up and she's actually been approached for Rising Star?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    Alesha's appointment would make complete sense and would be a good one in my opinion. Mel B could be too harsh and overpower the show with negativity.

I had never considered Sara but she would be an intriguing choice. I wonder if the sources have got muddled up and she's actually been approached for Rising Star?

Alesha sucking up to Simon on BGT and BGMT has put me right off her plus she doesn't have that much of an impact. And with Mel if people watch an actual full series of her as a judge on any show they will see why see would be a bad choice too
  • Options
    GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sara Cox would be awesome! It would be nice to have a fourth judge who isn't a popstar. She would definitely bring something different to the panel.

Mel B would be a good choice as well just because she's all mouth but I refuse to consider any of the other rumours at this point. Alesha Dixon fits in nicely on BGT, but she doesn't exactly stand out enough to be put on both shows, never mind the fact that it would be overkill. I don't even want to think of the possibility of Rita Ora getting it. Whoever it is needs to have a bit more common sense and wit about them, rather than someone put there just to look pretty, we already have Cheryl for that.
  • Options
    DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    Sara would be ace and breathe new life into the show. This series so far is too focused on reclaiming the glory days. Time to look forwards, not backwards.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    They need someone outside the box, but someone who won't necessarily 'overshadow' the others, and also someone who takes the show forward and not backwards. Sara would be a brilliant choice.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was her and her tweet is just to throw people off. That rumour has suddenly come from nowhere, she hasn't denied it and there will be an announcement his week.
  • Options
    Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alesha sucking up to Simon on BGT and BGMT has put me right off her plus she doesn't have that much of an impact. And with Mel if people watch an actual full series of her as a judge on any show they will see why see would be a bad choice too

Alesha does not suck up to simon! Can't wait till Alesha get announced as a X Factor judge! :):)
  • Options
    DODS11DODS11 Posts: 2,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coxy would be brilliant.

I'd genuinely start watching again if she turned up on the panel, I think she's hilarious. The perfect antidote to the Simon/Cheryl love in.
  • Options
    Wong_BillabongWong_Billabong Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe shes doing xtra factor