Early days but Claire seems lovely

Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
Forum Member
So far she seems really lovely and friendly and trying to put everyone at ease. Hope she stays 'nice'.

Comments

• Angie_PlastyAngie_Plasty Posts: 6,333
    Forum Member
    Yes, lovely, confident, smart, straight talking...what could go wrong?

I'm still feeling burned from thinking something similar about Toya in the series just finished. :blush:
  • nanna7nanna7 Posts: 1,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Claire as an actress seems nice in real life so far.
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member

I'm still feeling burned from thinking something similar about Toya in the series just finished. :blush:

OMG - me too :blush:

As I say ...early days. I have a feeling she could be a bit of a diva but maybe I'm getting confused with her character.

She seems lovely so far.
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's known for being 'difficult' in certain circles so we shall see.

Not an instant favourite but she may be a grower.
  • Stellen11Stellen11 Posts: 8,627
    Forum Member
    I bet she turns out to be like one of the loose women types.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Haha yes I know what you mean :D I think she could be good but it's hard to say so early on.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is "Claire" the one who played a "superbitch"? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    Is "Claire" the one who played a "superbitch"? :confused:
    Yes she was in Emmerdale for quite a long time, killed at least one person (can't remember if it was more) and slept around a lot, was married to a man in a wheelchair (not really relevant I know) in the show, he was the rich man she married for money I think, something like that. Quite a character for that show, which was quite tame back then.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    Yes she was in Emmerdale for quite a long time, killed at least one person (can't remember if it was more) and slept around a lot, was married to a man in a wheelchair (not really relevant I know) in the show, he was the rich man she married for money I think, something like that. Quite a character for that show, which was quite tame back then.

Thanks. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So far she seems really lovely and friendly and trying to put everyone at ease. Hope she stays 'nice'.

I didn't click with the name until they said Kim from Emmerdale, then my lightbulb went, omg, I do know her :o

I wouldn't mind seeing a bit of Kim in the house to liven things up ;-)
  • LoisLois Posts: 118,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I'm liking her the best. So far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    Thanks. :)
    Makes me realise how little I watched it back then, and yet now it's my favourite soap, although it's completely changed! lol
  • AnyaJenAnyaJen Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    She seems nice, but I think she can be a bit of a tough cookie. Was she on strictly come dancing a few years back?
  • Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,862
    Forum Member
    muggins14 wrote: »
    Makes me realise how little I watched it back then, and yet now it's my favourite soap, although it's completely changed! lol

I loved Emmerdale, my favourite soap back then and now I have not watched it in years.

Claire was Kim in the show, she was married to Frank (the rich owner of home farm) who she killed. I remember she had a affair with David Clover who was also seeing Kathy Bates at the time. Chris Tate was the man in the wheelchair he was the son of Frank, Kim and Chris were married in real life.
    Forum Member
    AnyaJen wrote: »
    She seems nice, but I think she can be a bit of a tough cookie. Was she on strictly come dancing a few years back?

Yes, partnered with Brendan. I think they got to about week 5.
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Cloudy2 wrote: »
    I loved Emmerdale, my favourite soap back then and now I have not watched it in years.

Claire was Kim in the show, she was married to Frank (the rich owner of home farm) who she killed. I remember she had a affair with David Clover who was also seeing Kathy Bates at the time. Chris Tate was the man in the wheelchair he was the son of Frank, Kim and Chris were married in real life.

I'd forgotten that - are they still together?
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    AnyaJen wrote: »

Yes she was. She came some where in the middle. I can't remember who partnered her though. I would have said James but judging by the greeting it didn't seem to be.
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Yes, partnered with Brendan. I think they got to about week 5.

Yes that fits. Brendan makes sense.
  • Angie_PlastyAngie_Plasty Posts: 6,333
    Forum Member

According to Wiki...

"King was married for 10 years to actor Peter Amory who played her stepson Chris Tate in Emmerdale. The marriage broke up in 2003 when Claire was living in London filming Bad Girls and it was reported that Peter Amory was seeing fellow co-star Samantha Giles who had played Bernice Thomas in Emmerdale."
    Forum Member

No, don't know exactly when but they split up a long time ago.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thank you! I thought I'd got my story confused, he was her husband's son of course and they were married for real. Cheers :)
  • CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    She's known for being 'difficult' in certain circles so we shall see.

Not an instant favourite but she may be a grower.

She lives not far from me (or she used to not sure if she still does) and she is renowned around town for the whole "do you know who I am?" thing.

This was a few years ago though (probs about 10) and she may have mellowed.
  • HBBHBB Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No she doesn't.

She's affected and smug.

She has on too much makeup and is dressed liked a hooker.

Dorien Green
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    As the OP says, early days, but yes, she seems really nice