Options

Ice cream van has just stopped down our road

Teddy SmithTeddy Smith Posts: 730
Forum Member
✭✭
It's called Mister's Ices and the slogan is "Have a nice day!".

The ice cream man is called Mr Verrecchia.

Looking out of the corner of my window, I can see 3 people queuing up for a 99 with Flake.

I was half expecting my mum to run out there and get me a lolly.

EDIT: Damn, blast, sugar - van's just gone (roared off down the road).

:(

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that brings back memeories, the ice cream van used to stop outside my school, when i was a nipper but the school made it go away.:mad:
  • Options
    StudmuffinStudmuffin Posts: 4,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tell my kids that Ice Cream Vans only play the music when they've run out of ice cream and lollies :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Studmuffin wrote: »
    I tell my kids that Ice Cream Vans only play the music when they've run out of ice cream and lollies :o

They must have them in stock most of the time, then because an ice cream van sits still and quiet down a road for much longer than it's moving and got the jingle playing.

:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,499
    Forum Member
    Thanks for letting us know about this exciting event Teddy :D I expect to see it along Sky News any moment (you know what they are like for BREAKING NEWS!!!! :p )
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jigsawjake wrote: »
    that brings back memeories, the ice cream van used to stop outside my school, when i was a nipper but the school made it go away.:mad:

So did ours when it found out the ice cream man was flogging us cigarettes individually ( mind you he did have some morals he would only sell them to the Sixth Form )
  • Options
    StudmuffinStudmuffin Posts: 4,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They must have them in stock most of the time, then because an ice cream van sits still and quiet down a road for much longer than it's moving and got the jingle playing.

Hehehe

They don't stop on my road at all (thank goodness)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CandyPink wrote: »
    Thanks for letting us know about this exciting event Teddy :D I expect to see it along Sky News any moment (you know what they are like for BREAKING NEWS!!!! :p )

Oooh - don't tempt them.

• Options
    FunkyBlueFunkyBlue Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow I have not seen an ice cream van for years (except in the summer in parks etc) They never come around where I live.

I remember being about 6 and the ice cream man would sell me cigarettes for my mum! Ahhhh the good old 'un pc' days.

:)
  • Options
    ScottishwhiteScottishwhite Posts: 1,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we get an ice-cream van 5 times a day, having said that I stay in Scotland and they sell everything on them (****, bread dog food, sweets etc etc):D
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fancy a large 99 now lol We haven't had an ice cream van down our road for god knows how long. I'd have laughed if one had turned up today its we've had huge hailstones. I'd actually like to see people queing up in that weather try to hold onto their ice cream :D
  • Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good job they called the 99s and not 69s othewise it could be a bit embarrassing asking the ice cream man for a 69 :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahh yeah memories of being young. :)

I don't understand why the one round here would come round on freezing cold, rainy days? No-one ever goes out then.
  • Options
    LukeyboyLukeyboy Posts: 1,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They started coming round here in February, seriously!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caxton wrote: »
    Good job they called the 99s and not 69s othewise it could be a bit embarrassing asking the ice cream man for a 69 :D

Why are they called 99's? I'm guessing there's some history to it?
  • Options
    That BlokeThat Bloke Posts: 6,352
    Forum Member
    we get an ice-cream van 5 times a day, having said that I stay in Scotland and they sell everything on them (****, bread dog food, sweets etc etc):D
    And the rest, if the Ice Cream wars were anything to go by ;)
  • Options
    Bad JujuBad Juju Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is it that the music they play always sound like the ideal accompaniment to losing one's sanity?
  • Options
    mrs thibgsmrs thibgs Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    We get have one that comes round here, I love a 99. :)
  • Options
    thibgsthibgs Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    I swear the wife's bum is twice the size since we moved here and had a ice cream van stopping just outside the house.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bad Juju wrote: »
    Why is it that the music they play always sound like the ideal accompaniment to losing one's sanity?

Better than them playing songs from Daniel O'Donnell and Frank Sinatra.
  • Options
    mrs thibgsmrs thibgs Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    thibgs wrote: »
    I swear the wife's bum is twice the size since we moved here and had a ice cream van stopping just outside the house.

Oh thanks! :mad:
  • Options
    Bad JujuBad Juju Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Better than them playing songs from Daniel O'Donnell and Frank Sinatra.

Daniel O'Donnell? :eek: please god no!:eek::eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,143
    Forum Member
    Our ice cream van is like a mini shop. It sells toilet paper, milk, bread etc as well as ice cream and penny sweets:D

I can hear it now in fact.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our ice cream van is like a mini shop. It sells toilet paper, milk, bread etc as well as ice cream and penny sweets:D

I can hear it now in fact.

It sounds like this is just a Scottish thing?

I've been to Scotland but didn't see an ice cream van when I was there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,143
    Forum Member
    It sounds like this is just a Scottish thing?

I've been to Scotland but didn't see an ice cream van when I was there.

It could be.

I suppose it depends where you are. Around here they tend to go to areas with the high flats and council houses.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    Strangest thing I saw was an ice cream van going down the road with the "watch out for children" on the back and the driver had a mobile phone in one hand and a cig in the other.Unreal!!!