UFC Discussion Thread

Comments

• DeccomajorDeccomajor Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    stvn758 wrote: »
    UFC Fight Night Cro Cop v Gonzaga is on PICK TV (152 Sky Channel) 11pm Saturday, Freeview Channel 11.

Wondered why I couldn't find it. Unless Cro Cop is really angry and out for vengeance for their first encounter I think Gonzaga will probably take it.

Thanks for the head up :) surprised PICK TV picking this up as should be a good fight. Hope PICK get more UFC Fight night matches in the future, don't sub to BT Sports so have to get my UFC matches by other means and watch them on a Sunday evening.
  • Los_TributosLos_Tributos Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An interesting development Pick picking this up (excuse the pun). I suspect that BT Sport have found what other channels over here before them have, that it is still very much a minority sport over here, and viewing figures have not warranted them buying the rights for the events that fall outside of their deal.
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow!
    Fairytale Endng, that was awesome, happy for Cro Cop.
    Forum Member
    Just managed to watch UFC 186. Nice to see Rampage back and mixing it up a bit with leg kicks. Those flyweights are quick, blink and you'd miss the fight, Horiguchi is a good little fighter but Johnson was just that one step ahead. Glad Bisping got a win also.

Just seen some news that Jon Jones is being sought by police after a hit-and-run accident on Sunday morning.
    Full story here....
    http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/12772005/ufc-champion-jon-jones-sought-suspect-hit-run-accident
    Forum Member
    Jon Jones has had his title stripped and suspended indefinitely following his hit and run incident.

Daniel Cormier to fight Anthony Johnson at UFC 187 for the title instead.

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/jon-jones-stripped-of-ufc-light-heavyweight-title-suspended-indefinitely-ufc-187-042815
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deccomajor wrote: »
    Jon Jones has had his title stripped and suspended indefinitely following his hit and run incident.

Daniel Cormier to fight Anthony Johnson at UFC 187 for the title instead.

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/jon-jones-stripped-of-ufc-light-heavyweight-title-suspended-indefinitely-ufc-187-042815

Made the frontpage of the BBC- http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/32516505

They had a lawyer say on UFC tonight that a regular person doing that would be looking at 3 years & would have to try and plea bargain it down to a year in jail. Wouldn't expect Jones to get that because there is too much money involved but at this point he is a complete liability to UFC.

I don't care about Jones, the only interest I had left in his fights would be to see if he'd lose the title the same way Anderson did- get caught showboating- but aside from that personally I had lost interest in him.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is absolutely huge.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jones now making Chael Sonnen and Nick Diaz look angelic. :o;-)
    Forum Member
    Yes i saw the BBC article earlier, must be big for them to run the story.

I'm not a fan of Jones and like JCR said i only watched his fights to see someone take his belt, i truly believed that person was Anthony Johnson but for now we'll never find out.

One thing that i cannot find is how the incident happened?, and because the UFC have stripped him of the belt and suspended him was it due to drink or drugs, whatever the cause i cannot see Jones coming back to the UFC after all this. Personally i'd expect him to be signed up to Bellator as he's mates with Ortiz.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a dick, he couldn't wait until after the fight to get wrecked. >:(

Was looking forward to that fight, still got Belfort I guess, be nice to see him remove Weidman's head with a roundhouse kick.
  • Party AnimalParty Animal Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    where is the Australian fight night MIOCIC VS. HUNT been shown on UK Tv cant see any listings for it
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    where is the Australian fight night MIOCIC VS. HUNT been shown on UK Tv cant see any listings for it

It isn't mate, just being shown on Fight Pass.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nevada State Athletic Commission announced the following rules are in place from September 1st-
    Sedatives, Muscle Relaxants, Sleep Aids, Anxiolytics, Opates, Cannabis:

1st offense: 18 months, 30-40% of purse
    2nd offense: 2 years, 40-50% of purse
    3rd offense: 3 years, 60-75% of purse
    4th offense: Lifetime ban, 100% of purse

Diuretics Used To Cut Weight

1st offense: 2 years, 30-40% of purse
    2nd offense: 3 years, 40-60% of purse
    3rd offense: Lifetime ban, 100% of purse

Stimulants (amphetamines, cocaine, etc)

1st offense: 2 years, 35-45% of purse
    2nd offense: 3 years, 50-60% of purse

Anabolic Steroids (testosterone, HGH)

1st offense: 3 years, 50-70% of purse
    2nd offense: 4 years, 75-100% of purse

Avoiding Testing/Detection/Urine sample not of human origin or not of tested athlete, adulterants, drugs (incl. diuretics) used as masking agents-

1st offense: 4 years, 75% of purse
    2nd offense: lifetime ban, 100% of purse

Jones, Anderson, Diaz and all must have really pissed them off. Anyone failing for steroids being gone for 3 years is the biggest change to the sport since Zuffa bought UFC.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Really disappointed in Rumble Johnson, i like him i think he's a nice guy and has a lot of talent, but if you are gassed after 6 and a half minutes in a 25 minute title fight, then you don't deserve the title, he needs to look at his training for that fight.

I also wanted to see Belfort win , but fair play to Weidman it was a good win, he's starting to show he deserves to be the champ.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    Really disappointed in Rumble Johnson, i like him i think he's a nice guy and has a lot of talent, but if you are gassed after 6 and a half minutes in a 25 minute title fight, then you don't deserve the title, he needs to look at his training for that fight.

I also wanted to see Belfort win , but fair play to Weidman it was a good win, he's starting to show he deserves to be the champ.

Huge guys like Rumble are too musclebound to last long in the fight game I thought Cormier fought the perfect fight and am kicking myself for not having a bet as I picked every winner through the card
    the Arlovski V Brown was great to watch while it lasted - time now for Donald Cerrone to get a title shot as well
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was the best set of fights the UFC has had for a long time, every one bloody enjoyable. :o

Still have the prelims to watch, fell asleep last night so at least I could fast forward all the tedious adverts and chit chat this morning, non stop gold.
    Forum Member
    I see Pick TV are showing UFC Fight Night BerlinJedrzejczyk vs. Penne June 20th at 11pm. Sky 152, Freeview Channel 11.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good too see Werdum whip Cains backside I really did not give Werdum a chance with him.. so well done for having a game plan and coming up with a win
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They all should have had oxygen canisters on their backs, seriously stupid holding an event at that altitude.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luke Barnatt has been given his P45 by the UFC
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joanna did very well once again, Penne look woeful and just a human punchbag.

It is going to take a very good person to beat her for the belt, and I don't think that there is anyne in the division that is capable ast the moment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought the whole card was very low quality... Dana white is letting more and more of these poor quality cards through the fans will walk if they dont maintain high standards
  • Paul_CullotyPaul_Culloty Posts: 564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Being reported in Ireland and Brazil that Aldo has fractured a rib, which would rule him out of the McGregor fight.
    Forum Member
    Think people are panicking a bit too soon. Dana has already tweeted for everybody to relax. Hopefully still goes ahead and doesn't get postponed.
    Forum Member
    Fight is still on. Mendes is on ready if anything does go wrong and will step in as a replacement if so.