Which Android tablet with sim card slot

2»

Comments

• alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Worth the wait considering it initially won't have 3G built in?

The Advent Vega will also soon offer 3G for £50 more.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    Worth the wait considering it initially won't have 3G built in?

The Advent Vega will also soon offer 3G for £50 more.

I'm not sure the Vega is worth an extra £50 just for 3G.

It would be cheaper to mod it and use a dongle.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After doing tonnes of research, I have decided that I will be getting the new Viewsonic Viewpad V10s. It is basically an Advent Vega, but it has the built in 3G & it also allows support of Dual Booting Android 2.2 & Windows 7.

There was an issue with it having only access to Viewsonic marketplace & not the Android marketplace, but have already downloaded an installer to put the Android market place onto the device.

The cost of this device is £287 including VAT. So well worth the money :D.

All I have to do now is save the money. :o:D

Make sure you order the right one.

The 10s is arm based with an nvidia tegra so will not be duel boot. Windows doesn't work on arm chips. Those sites quoting it are wasting your time.

The 10 Pro is the one with intel chip and duel boot but much more expensive than you quote......£400 approx for the intel model.

Dabs do it for £444 http://www.dabs.com/products/viewsonic-viewpad-10-atom-n455-1gb-16gb-10--windows-7-home-premium---google-android-1-6-tablet-pc-77P5.html

Also from reviews there is hardly any space left after windows etc installed.......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 277
    Forum Member
    Big_Ted wrote: »
    Make sure you order the right one.

The 10s is arm based with an nvidia tegra so will not be duel boot. Windows doesn't work on arm chips. Those sites quoting it are wasting your time.

The 10 Pro is the one with intel chip and duel boot but much more expensive than you quote......£400 approx for the intel model.

Dabs do it for £444 http://www.dabs.com/products/viewsonic-viewpad-10-atom-n455-1gb-16gb-10--windows-7-home-premium---google-android-1-6-tablet-pc-77P5.html

Also from reviews there is hardly any space left after windows etc installed.......

would be better installing linux lubuntu is nice and light, would have plenty space left over.
  • TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The HTC Flyer looks pretty nice, has sim slot but will be expensive!