Key Lime Pie will be Kitkat instead.

18910111214»

Comments

• calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never said anything about any sites being done in any particular order. I just noted that they all had similarities.

Are you at least agreeing that the are similar Zack? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    calico_pie wrote: »
    I never said anything about any sites being done in any particular order. I just noted that they all had similarities.

Are you at least agreeing that the are similar Zack? :)

I think what happened is that early on, you said the Nexus 7 site looks like the (already mentioned several times by that point) Apple site. I took it to mean that the Nexus 7 site looked similar to the Apple site that had already been referenced. But a couple of people mistakenly (or perhaps wilfully) took it to mean that you were accusing Google of copying Apple.
  • calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My point at the time was simply that the KitKat site was still likely to be a parody of Apple, irrespective of whether or not it also looked anything like the Nexus (or indeed any other) site.

I said nothing whatsoever about who did what first, or who had copied who - the context was whether or not the KitKat site was a parody of Apple.
  • muppetman11muppetman11 Posts: 2,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apologies if this has been asked but will the Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 (original) receive the Kit Kat update.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apologies if this has been asked but will the Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 (original) receive the Kit Kat update.

Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 7 (2012) and Nexus 7 (2013) should all receive the update the moment it comes out. That's the benefit of having a Nexus device. :)
  • muppetman11muppetman11 Posts: 2,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 7 (2012) and Nexus 7 (2013) should all receive the update the moment it comes out. That's the benefit of having a Nexus device. :)

Good news and many thanks for the reply. :)
  • Stuart_hStuart_h Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member

Im guessing that the Galaxy Nexus is heading towards the end of its formal support lifespan unless Google is really looking to change the way things are done.....

(and this as a Gnex owner)

.... oh and you forgot the Nexus 10 ... :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stuart_h wrote: »
    Im guessing that the Galaxy Nexus is heading towards the end of its formal support lifespan unless Google is really looking to change the way things are done.....

Yeah, I would have thought this too. The Nexus S went at the same point, didn't it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stuart_h wrote: »

I'm not so sure. There's even talk of the Nexus S getting KitKat, because of the rumoured optimisation that Google is planning. I think the Galaxy Nexus has a bit of life in it yet.

Oh yeah, sorry I completely forgot about the Nexus 10. :o
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I would have thought this too. The Nexus S went at the same point, didn't it?

Nexus S got JB 4.1, but not 4.2 onwards.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not so sure. There's even talk of the Nexus S getting KitKat, because of the rumoured optimisation that Google is planning. I think the Galaxy Nexus has a bit of life in it yet.

Oh yeah, sorry I completely forgot about the Nexus 10. :o

You forgot my Nexus 10 :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You forgot my Nexus 10 :eek:

I kept thinking I'd forgotten one but I thought it was the Nexus Q :o

There hasn't been much word on a Nexus 10 successor yet either. Maybe it will come with the new Nexus 4.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I kept thinking I'd forgotten one but I thought it was the Nexus Q :o

Even Google have forgotten about that one. ;)

I've just been reading up on KitKat potentially being optimised for much lower power devices. Sounds interesting!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even Google have forgotten about that one. ;)

I've just been reading up on KitKat potentially being optimised for much lower power devices. Sounds interesting!

I wished I'd pre-ordered one now...those that did ended up getting them for free. :o

I think this optimisation could give even more pull for low-end Android devices. I can see Huawei bringing out some extremely competitive devices with Android 4.4