EE - Lucy's phone - confused...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 232
Forum Member
Didn't we hear it ringing and the answer phone playing next to her body when we saw on the common? I'm confused as to how this fits in with the phone / purse discovery this week

Comments

• Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. I thought that too and had to replay it. We heard the voicemails as the camera panned down to Lucy's body. The bag and phone are not with her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Lucy killing storyline has got sillier & more non-sensible by the month, they are squeezing the story until its pips squeak..>:(
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They played her voicemail messages over the reveal shot of her dead body. But that was for the viewers benefit. It wasn't actually playing next to her body. :D
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCk7A08qxns

^^^ Heres the scene you can clearly see no phone or purse is near her body just the voicemails being played on screen
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    Voicemails don't just play willy nilly.

Unless, of course, Lucy rose from the dead, called Voicemail, then died again. But we'll never know.
  • SOAPYFANSOAPYFAN Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They probably just added the voicemails for effect... The phone and purse were taken whenshe was murdered.

Thing that made me laugh was that.. They wernt buried down very far and surely both would have been massivly damaged due to the weather
  • GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    It was non-diegetic and obviously done for dramatic effect..
  • GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    SOAPYFAN wrote: »
    They probably just added the voicemails for effect... The phone and purse were taken whenshe was murdered.

Thing that made me laugh was that.. They wernt buried down very far and surely both would have been massivly damaged due to the weather

Obviously the polymers of the plastic bag were laced with adamantium, keep up! ;-):D
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    This is not the first thread on this and I'm surprised how much confusion this has caused, although I probably shouldn't be, it was obvious the voicemails were being played over the scene not in it, how else would we have heard them? We also were told the phone/purse were missing quite early on as well.
  • JohnnsmithJohnnsmith Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    To be honest they did make it very confusing, as most probably just assumed her phone was on her when the voicemails were being played. Who knows, her purse and phone could have been in her pocket in that scene..
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Johnnsmith wrote: »
    To be honest they did make it very confusing, as most probably just assumed her phone was on her when the voicemails were being played. Who knows, her purse and phone could have been in her pocket in that scene..

Voicemails don't just play by themselves though and Lucy was in no condition to check them. :D
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    Mel94 wrote: »
    Voicemails don't just play by themselves though and Lucy was in no condition to check them. :D

Hahahahaha! :D
  • PerfumedDivaPerfumedDiva Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mel94 wrote: »

It's just dramatic effect/artistic license for effect.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's just dramatic effect/artistic license for effect.

Yes, but the poster was making the point that the voicemails weren't actually playing aloud in the scene/the woods where Lucy was lying dead. They were played over the top for the audience's benefit.
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »
    Voicemails don't just play willy nilly.

Unless, of course, Lucy rose from the dead, called Voicemail, then died again. But we'll never know.

Yeah that does look stupid but it was does to add to the scene of her being shown dead in the woods