Started watching BB5 on youtube

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Forum Member
So I made a thread when I was watching BB6 on youtube so I thought I would do it for this series too. :p

I am a few episodes in and I absolutely despise Kitten. The most attention seeking housemate ever. My faves so far are Daniel, Michelle, Victor and Shell.

What were everybody else's opinions of housemates?

Comments

• ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great cast and it's the one series where I find myself rooting for both sides. I loved the Jungle Cats and I loved the Lip Gloss Bitches.
    The only negative in the series, for me, is Emma being removed. I found it extremely unfair and the fact that everyone else got the chance to redeem themselves whilst she never still doesn't sit well with me >:(

Every single housemate played a big part in the series and even though some weren't the greatest of housemates, I appreciate their contributions to the series, as they were all part of making the series what it is, and that's the best one :)
  • PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kitten was a right pain in the arse :D
  • SG-1SG-1 Posts: 16,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kitten was a pain but she is also responsible for one of the best moments in BB5,the moment is on her last day in the house.

I detested the jungle cats...dont think your up to the part were they pick team names yet.

Victor was horrible but as time went by you realise he was playing the panto villain and his role was crucial to the show.

I envy anyone watching it for the first time because the humour involved is brilliant.

My favourites back then was Nadia,Michelle,Marco,Dan.
    Looking back though you see every housemate had a role to play and its hard to dislike any of them because they all contributed to the best series ever imo.

Enjoy it and if theres any live feeds up there make sure you watch those as well because a lot of really good stuff never made the highlights,thats how good the series was.

If you already know who was in the final its ok to look at this spoiler.
    Look out for Marcos eviction,something very funny happens just after he is interviewed.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    My favourite series and what I think is the most complete line-up of housemates who all push eachother to their best.
    Which is interesting because I remember feeling slightly put off on launch night with Marco screeching his way into the house and having an awkward first meeting with Ahmed, after what they'd both said in their entrance VTs. I thought BB might have gone too far.

The only one I never managed to warm to was Jason, but I guess every series needs at least one housemate you dislike to make you truly invested in what happens.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I think I'm in love with Shell. :blush: She is just adorable and so sweet!!!

Oh and who is in the gangs of Jungle Cats and Lip Gloss Bitches?
    Forum Member
    pingu58011 wrote: »
    I think I'm in love with Shell. :blush: She is just adorable and so sweet!!!

Oh and who is in the gangs of Jungle Cats and Lip Gloss Bitches?

They may not have properly formed yet depending how far you've got, but officially it's:

Jungle Cats - Victor, Jason, Ahmed, Stuart
    Lip Gloss Bitches - Marco, Emma, Nadia, Michelle

Though it gets a bit complicated since Michelle and Stuart are a couple, it gets hard to work out just who Stuart is with.
    Forum Member
    They may not have properly formed yet depending how far you've got, but officially it's:

Jungle Cats - Victor, Jason, Ahmed, Stuart
    Lip Gloss Bitches - Marco, Emma, Nadia, Michelle

Though it gets a bit complicated since Michelle and Stuart are a couple, it gets hard to work out just who Stuart is with.

Ah okay. Thanks. :)

Think I prefer The Jungle Cats. :p
  • PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a series where the live feed was absolutely vital for me. The highlights shows ddidn't tell an entirety true picture.
  • Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    Emma's ejection guts me still, she just pulled the short straw on Fight Night on being the one isolated from the house. Still don't see why they couldn't have put her back in the evening after Fight Night, when almost all the apologies had been said. Instead producers waited another 2 days before dragging her to the diary room and telling her she was going home! I guess they'd never dealt with a situation like that before, if Fight Night had happened in, let's say Big Brother 8, Emma most probably would have been ejected the night the big fight happened. Unfair, as the rest of the Lip Gloss Bitches lasted quite a long time (Marco went 3 weeks after Emma didn't he, Michelle was evicted a few days before the final and of course Nadia won), and Emma was the favourite to win during bedsit week I think.
  • Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    Reserved wrote: »
    Great cast and it's the one series where I find myself rooting for both sides. I loved the Jungle Cats and I loved the Lip Gloss Bitches.
    The only negative in the series, for me, is Emma being removed. I found it extremely unfair and the fact that everyone else got the chance to redeem themselves whilst she never still doesn't sit well with me >:(

Every single housemate played a big part in the series and even though some weren't the greatest of housemates, I appreciate their contributions to the series, as they were all part of making the series what it is, and that's the best one :)
    Apparently the police were pushing for the producers to eject Emma. Just a rumor I heard, I have no source and no evidence to back it up.
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    That clapping idiot Marco deserved a slap. Probably the last series I watched. The 'main event' of that series was just crazy TV at the time.
    Forum Member
    Well I have finished the first week and I must say, I haven't enjoyed it, due to the horror that is.....Kitten. Thank god she is ejected!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    idlewilde wrote: »
    That clapping idiot Marco deserved a slap.

agreed :cool:
  • Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,155
    Forum Member
    BB5 was the best series and the star of the show had to be slick vic. What a joker:D
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Michelle was the best housemate they have ever had

She was dissapointing in the ultimate big brother series years later
    Forum Member
    Agreed on Michelle, she probably provided more talking points than any other housemate has while in the BB house.

The problem with bringing her back for UBB is that pretty much every one of her storylines was about being in the right place at the right time. She was obviously going to have learnt from her mistakes and matured because of them.
    But that's what makes her original run so unique. There's only a few housemates that have embraced the process so well, losing all their inhibitions and going with the flow. Despite some of her OTT antics, none of them felt contrived or like she was performing for the cameras, it was just another side to herself unleashed because of the people around her and the situation she was in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found Michelle scarily deranged, please make her go away mummy :o
    Forum Member
    Pitman wrote: »

But then she was one of the few housemates not involved in all the shouting and arguing of Fight Night, despite already being involved and having plenty of motivation to do it. Which shows a certain level of maturity.
  • RandomPeter94RandomPeter94 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I seen the first week. No one liked Kitten but I found her entertaining. The moment when she left was hilarious when she refused to go and had to push the prize money down and left all because of one person. When she did leave, she was like to cameras "oh by the way this *puts middle finger up to cameras* is for the queen and all the aristocats and all the people...."

Am I the only one who found the made up housemates thingy funny. And when Kitten went to the diary room to nominate 'Diandra' and 'Big Sister' lol, which didn't count as she wasn't even asked to nominate. I found it funny when she went in the jacuzzi with a couple of cushions on the jacuzzi whilst she was meant to choose someone who thinks doesn't deserve their suitcase, and refused to go in the diary room ending up nominating herself unintensionally lol!

I swear she basically went in to protest against BIg Brother, making a tit out of herself. She broke every single rule, except physical violence.
  • PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pitman wrote: »

Her behaviour towards Stu was certainly from the creepy corner...
  • DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pingu58011 wrote: »
    Well I have finished the firstling week and I must say, I haven't enjoyed it, due to the horror that is.....Kitten. Thank god she is ejected!!!

That's exactly how I felt at the time!
    I would have stopped watching had she stayed any longer.