Another cock up on Eastenders

Comments

• KellerKeller Posts: 5,970
    Forum Member
    2MILLWALL wrote: »
    LOL QUALITY:D

Also how old skool is Eastenders Ibiza is so 1990's it's all about malia or kos!!!

I know! I haven't sold any holidays to Ibiza this year yet, it's all the Greek islands and Northern Africa. Still Ronnie and Roxy moved to Ibiza years ago, probably in the late 90s and set up a business there that's why they're going back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    jen0607 wrote: »
    Oh please......who cares!

Guess what else, the travel company doesn't exist either. And you wanna hear the best bit??? Neither does Walford, Roxie, Ronnie or flipping Wellard. Tis all makebelieve! :rolleyes:
    TwixieToeA wrote: »
    OMG next you will be saying the tooth fairy isn't real!! ;)
    No, she definitely exists. As does Santa, the Easter Bunny and Peter Pan.

:):D

Phew I was worried then! :D
  • 2MILLWALL2MILLWALL Posts: 2,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keller wrote: »
    I know! I haven't sold any holidays to Ibiza this year yet, it's all the Greek islands and Northern Africa. Still Ronnie and Roxy moved to Ibiza years ago, probably in the late 90s and set up a business there that's why they're going back.

Well they're in their 30's so can't blame 'em really:D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone phoned Ofcom yet?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have! They told me to f**k off. :D :rolleyes:
  • slade1slade1 Posts: 2,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bargepole wrote: »
    There are NO flights to Ibiza from Stansted this Friday. Once again the writers are too lazy to research their facts properly.

And if you were to do your research properly you would see that Air Berlin fly from Stanstead to Ibiza this Friday at 9.40pm. :)
  • Tyler JamesTyler James Posts: 1,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pohfurray wrote: »
    LOL

Don't you have anything better to do than look up flight times for a fictional soap? It hardly matters, does it? IT'S NOT REAL!

You've made me giggle anyway!

ha ha exactly it,s very Sad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    slade1 wrote: »
    And if you were to do your research properly you would see that Air Berlin fly from Stanstead to Ibiza this Friday at 9.40pm. :)

Their flight was at 22.40, and landing at 00.05. (I have a very strange memory - I'm not weird!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    All EE fans will stop watching now.

I mean, they've ruined it !

They have never, in all these what, 25 years, made such a disgraceful, disturbing mistake (!)
  • RodaramaRodarama Posts: 2,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best. Thread. Ever
    Forum Member
    slade1 wrote: »

Ah yes via Munich! I tried to sell that to many of my clients but they opted for easyjet the next morning.

Shame as Air Berlin give us more money :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MouseyTrap wrote: »

They have never, in all these what, 25 years, made such a disgraceful, disturbing mistake (!)

Meh - Eastenders started when I was about 8 months old, and I'm only 23. GRR. PLEASE RESEARCH PROPERLY!

:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG you really have nothing else to do but research that yourself??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG you really have nothing else to do but research that yourself??

Surely everyone knows that EE started in Feb 1985? Or is that me and my weird memory again?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surely everyone knows that EE started in Feb 1985? Or is that me and my weird memory again?

Actually it was January 1910. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually it was January 1910. :D

I was close.

And corrie was September 1766. Ain't Ken looking great for his age!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was close.

And corrie was September 1766. Ain't Ken looking great for his age!

He's certainly giving Yoda a run for his money. :D

Since we've started talking start dates:

Emmerdale started in April 1901
    Hollyoaks started in December 1962

:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see the opening posters buggered off somewhere, probably too embrassed ;)
  • bargepolebargepole Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    I see the opening posters buggered off somewhere, probably too embrassed ;)
    No, I'm still here, and I would be embarrassed if my spelling was as abysmal as yours!
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    HA I hope your not serious!

Anyway a number of charter airlines should be flying out this friday to Ibiza from London airports including Stansted. I should know I'm a travel agent.

Of course when you want to do a secret moonlight flit you leave your laptop on and open and your tickets/passports lying about for all to see:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Can I just ask OP, did you start this thread as a joke or are you serious?
    SULLA wrote: »
    Of course when you want to do a secret moonlight flit you leave your laptop on and open and your tickets/passports lying about for all to see:rolleyes:

Well that's Roxy for you! Why did you quote me though, all I said is that there were flights going out from STN to IBZ as I was booking passengers on flights there this week, but no holidays unfortunately just a few flight only tickets.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Well that's Roxy for you! Why did you quote me though, all I said is that there were flights going out from STN to IBZ as I was booking passengers on flights there this week, but no holidays unfortunately just a few flight only tickets.

I was quoting you because I admired the post:)
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    I was quoting you because I admired the post:)

Why thank you!

:D
  • Tyler JamesTyler James Posts: 1,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    all i can say is you have way to much time on your hands.
  • bargepolebargepole Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    I'll answer that question by telling you that when those road signs with a picture of queuing cars started appearing, with the caption "Queue's likely" (sic), I wrote to the Highways Agency pointing out the redundant apostrophe, and kept on at them until they changed them to the correct "Queues likely".

I've also been known to take a felt marker into supermarkets, and amend the "6 items or less" to the gramatically correct "6 items or fewer".

People can say it's all just a fictional soap opera, so details don't matter, but surely the whole point about a programme like this is that it should be as true to life as possible. Obviously they are going to use fictitious place names, brand names, etc., but when they are talking about events/places in the real world, they should take the trouble to get the facts correct. I remember a couple of years ago, they had scenes involving action in the betting shop, set on a day when there was no horse racing in Britain and all bookies would have been closed. How sloppy is that?