Sky Go and Windows 8.1

bristolhammerfcbristolhammerfc Posts: 76
Forum Member
Following Xmas purchases of Windows laptops for the family, it seems that Sky Go isn't compatible with Windows devices.

This is very poor for a company that wants to expand its brand and alienates a large amount of potential users.

Come on Sky sort it out>:(

Comments

• Deacon1972Deacon1972 Posts: 8,171
    Forum Member
    Got to be an issue at your end, I've had Sky Go on Windows 7, Windows 8 and 8.1 without any incompatibility issues.

What browser are you using - I heard they were dropping support for Chrome, I use Chrome but not used it for a while so can't confirm, you could try another browser ie. Firefox or IE.....

If your browser is fully compatible - Have you got your account for registered devices in order?
  • DeanDSDeanDS Posts: 1,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky Go works only in the desktop browser, not the Metro one. So perhaps the OP has only tried the Metro one.
  • swillsswills Posts: 4,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to add to this I have 8.1 and although I do not use Sky Go that often it does work fine when I do :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Sky go works fine on win 8.1 and win 10
    Using chrome and firefox
  • mjrmjr Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swills wrote: »
    Just to add to this I have 8.1 and although I do not use Sky Go that often it does work fine when I do :)

Same here.
  • ds_readerds_reader Posts: 10,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When will Sky introduce a the requirement of Multiscreen subscription or Sky GO Extra subscription for Sky GO on PC.

This would bring Sky GO PC into line with the other services that allow HDMI output.
  • DigifreakDigifreak Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    ds_reader wrote: »
    When will Sky introduce a the requirement of Multiscreen subscription or Sky GO Extra subscription for Sky GO on PC.

This would bring Sky GO PC into line with the other services that allow HDMI output.

Hopefully never. Not all PCs (especially older ones) have HDMI output. But I have multiscreen anyway, so doesn't affect me.

Sky Go has been struggling with me on chrome, but fine on IE. I am using 8.1.
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    Still working on Chrome. My mother has one of my registered devices slots and she uses Chrome on a Win7 laptop and still going.
    Personally, i use IE for SkyGo. No judder unlike Chrome and others ive tried :/
    (Would be nice if it wasn't buffering all the bloody time though. Only get that issue with SkyGo lately. BTSport.com works fine, BBC iPlayer streaming HD, 4OD all fine,

Would also be nice for 720p on SkyGo.................. Anyone see them pigs flying?!!!!!!!!!!
  • ShaunWShaunW Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Following Xmas purchases of Windows laptops for the family, it seems that Sky Go isn't compatible with Windows devices.

This is very poor for a company that wants to expand its brand and alienates a large amount of potential users.

Come on Sky sort it out>:(

http://help.sky.com/articles/sky-go-error-messages-on-your-computer