Options

Magic eye issue

onephatonephat Posts: 898
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi
I have a sky hd 1tb box connected via a 15-20m coax cable to a global amp the onwards to 2 TVs with magic eyes. All was well for a few years but recently it's stopped working. Both eyes still have red lights on them but won't control the sky box. I've tried a second cable (ran two when the house was built as a backup) replaced the amp but nothing. Plug the eye directly into the sky box and it works fine. Can anyone think I anything else I could try before I ring sky protect and try and replace the box. I can't power the amp from the loft as there is no power up there so only have rf2 power. I've tried numerous power cycles of the box and the rf power options

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    SpruceSpruce Posts: 1,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a similar problem in the past and either mentioned it here or on AV forums as info.

Didn't touch a thing and both Magic Eyes started working within a few weeks.:confused:
    Had this happen a few times in the past, went in to the menu to turn RF control on and off at the time but made no difference

Can't remember the name of my amp but it does have pass-through on all four outputs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I use a global f140 amp.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    i have two magic eyes one is new the other and old one from years ago..neither will now work on either of my sky hd boxes or my dads old sky box...everything is turned on i have tried installing at rear of box and on co ax...they simply dont work as if sky has disabled this feature.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Solved my issue. One of the magic eyes seems faulty as if I unplug it the rest work fine.
  • Options
    sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    starchild wrote: »
    i have two magic eyes one is new the other and old one from years ago..neither will now work on either of my sky hd boxes or my dads old sky box...everything is turned on i have tried installing at rear of box and on co ax...they simply dont work as if sky has disabled this feature.....

No, they haven't, maybe it is just your magic eyes that do not work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Replaced the faulty one this morning and they all work
  • Options
    MartinPickeringMartinPickering Posts: 3,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To help others avoid unreliable "eyes" what was the make?