Whats your fave album that was a huge flop?

124»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »
    I have many.
    Alexandra Burke - Heartbreak On Hold
    Leona Lewis - Glassheart
    Sugababes - Sweet 7
    The Saturdays - On Your Radar
    Ke$ha - Warrior
    Christina Aguilera - Bionic and Lotus, for both those albums I think the good tracks were great but the bad tracks were awful.

All of these except Alexandra Burke and the Saturdays -- although loved Elephant and Let It Go, and What About Us from those albums!

Loving Britney Jean, which is apparently flopping in the UK, and Femme Fatale was a great album too, but that only flopped in the UK...

I also love Loreen's (Eurovision 2013, sung Euphoria) album, Heal, which wasn't a hit at all in the UK as far as I'm aware.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    All of these except Alexandra Burke and the Saturdays -- although loved Elephant and Let It Go, and What About Us from those albums!

Loving Britney Jean, which is apparently flopping in the UK, and Femme Fatale was a great album too, but that only flopped in the UK...

I also love Loreen's (Eurovision 2013, sung Euphoria) album, Heal, which wasn't a hit at all in the UK as far as I'm aware.

It's a shame Britney's flopping. Femme Fatale was a good album and Britney Jean isn't too bad either although it has a few duff songs. Heal is a great album and is perfect for this time of year :D I think it flopped in the UK because of Loreen's association with Eurovision.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Memoirs of an imperfect Angel-Mariah Carey
    Heartbreak on hold- Alexandra Burke
    Glassheart- Leona Lewis
    Femme Fatale- Britney Spears
    4- Beyonce (Considered to be a flop by some).
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering expectations were really low anyway, I guess it's not quite a "flop" in the traditional sense, but Diana Vickers "Music To Make The Boys Cry" is really great.
  • Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was Femme Fatale really a flop?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luner13 wrote: »

Sold over a million copies in the US. Had huge US top 10 hits. Are we talking about the UK here?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kyleee wrote: »
    Kylie - X ...although not a " flop" it didnt sell too well..its one of my fave Kylie albums

Sold 450k in the UK with three UK top 10 hits. "Aphrodite" which went to no 1 sold abit less. Hardly a flop?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl Cole - A million Lights
    J Lo's last one
    Maraiah's Memoirs Of An Imperfect Angel
    Mariah - E equals MC2
    Janet Dicipline
    Xtina Lotus/Bionic
    The Saturdays - Living For The Weekend
    The Wanted Word Of Mouth
    Kylie - Aphrodite (Sold 320k) but lower than expectations
    Madonna - MDNA -Sold just about 100k in the UK
    Dido's last studio album
    Leona - Glassheart, did even sell beyond 60k?
  • Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kryskrys wrote: »
    Nicola Roberts - Cinderella's Eyes

I bought it for 50p at a car boot sale in September 2012 and didnt expect much as I really didn't like Dance To The Beat Of My Drum. But love the album :)

I think poor choice of lead single killed it. Pity!
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marion - This World And Body. An outstanding album without a duff track on it. Their Live In Manchester album is also excellent, although as it was only ever available from their website it was never going to be a big seller.
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luner13 wrote: »

It sold only 60,000 copies in the UK, only went platinum in the States thanks to shipments and shifted rather measly 1.5m WW. Still, Britney Jean makes it look like a raving success.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,981
    Forum Member
    "Wordshaker" by The Saturdays.

I think it's fair to say that this album was considered a "flop". I still really like this album. I play it a lot.

I couldn't get into "On Your Radar" but I quite like "Living For The Weekend" though "What About Us" would be far better without Sean Paul.

I think that they've passed their opportunity to be a really big girl group but I'm still a fan, bar a couple of tracks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'The Dreaming' by Kate Bush. Although it entered the chart at No. 3 and reached silver status very quickly, it was the least commercially successful of Kate's albums; but to me it's one of her best in creative terms, second only to Hounds Of Love.

Also, several by XTC, including 'English Settlement' and 'Skylarking'.
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    Leona Lewis - Glassheart
    I love Glassheart even though hate how poorly managed it was. Not Leona's fault though :(
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Delta Goodrem- Mistaken Identity stunning album a great exploration of her battle and recovery against cancer.
    THIS.

Dave0893 wrote: »
    It flopped because of poor single choices, why Leona and Syco choose Trouble and Lovebird over tracks like Come Alive, Glassheart or Sugar I don't understand. I really do think it is her strongest to date and had so many songs that would have worked as singles.
    Leona didn't choose Lovebird and you can tell in her performances :cry: She chose Fireflies and they even made a lyric video for it before pulling the plug & stupidly choosing Lovebird. If they were SO desperate to swap, they should have gone for Glassheart.
    Good answer. I also really like Child of the Universe but as far as I've noticed there has not been much buzz about that one either?
    I love that one and COTU wasn't given an offical release here I don't think. Took me MONTHS to get hold of it because Amazon UK didn't put it on for ages & then charged huge amounts. Eventually got it this summer off WOW HD or whatever they're called for less than £10 :p
    kyleee wrote: »
    Kylie - X ...although not a " flop" it didnt sell too well..its one of my fave Kylie albums
    Possibly my most fav album from Kylie.
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably Sad Wings of Destiny by Judas Priest. It was only their second album, and it didn't chart over here. Just checked, and apparently it reached number 204 on the US album chart. It's a cracking album.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Attia_Ash wrote: »
    Cheryl Cole - A million Lights
    J Lo's last one
    Maraiah's Memoirs Of An Imperfect Angel
    Mariah - E equals MC2
    Janet Dicipline
    Xtina Lotus/Bionic
    The Saturdays - Living For The Weekend
    The Wanted Word Of Mouth
    Kylie - Aphrodite (Sold 320k) but lower than expectations
    Madonna - MDNA -Sold just about 100k in the UK
    Dido's last studio album
    Leona - Glassheart, did even sell beyond 60k?

E=mc2 was not a flop. It sold 1.5 million in the US and it had a number 1 single on it. The 18th Number one of her career.
  • Craig83maCraig83ma Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Darren Hayes - the tension and the spark. Amazing album
  • CoreenBaconskinCoreenBaconskin Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JeannieMac wrote: »
    'The Dreaming' by Kate Bush. Although it entered the chart at No. 3 and reached silver status very quickly, it was the least commercially successful of Kate's albums; but to me it's one of her best in creative terms, second only to Hounds Of Love.

Also, several by XTC, including 'English Settlement' and 'Skylarking'.

Good call re KB, great album. I would love to take over the radio 1 breakfast show and put Leave It Open on a continuous loop. Mu ha ha ha :D
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    I seem to always adore 'flop' albums….

and by adore … I mean they are the kind of albums that get under my skin and i just sing away to and enjoy so much

and by flop album - I am talking about albums that didn't even make the top 40!
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lexy B - HOH
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suppose you have to define a flop album. Do you mean an Album by an Artist who have had big sellers then a really poor one or an Album by a band who haven't broke yet. If the latter I have the following

Genesis - Trespass
    Genesis - Nursery Cryme
    Status Quo - Ma Kelly's Greasy Spoon
    Status Quo - Dog Of Two Head
    Judas Priest - Rocka Rolla
    Judas Priest - Sad Wings Of Destiny
    Rush - Rush
    Rush - Fly By Night
    Thin Lizzy - Vagabonds Of The Western World
    Thin Lizzy - Nightlife
    Thin Lizzy - Fighting
    Free - Tons Of Sobs
    Free - Free

Whilst the Former
    Fleetwood Mac - Bare Trees
    Fleetwood Mac - Mystery To Me
    Free - Highway

Technically all of the 70s Albums from Aerosmith and ZZ Top are UK flops as they did not chart but all of these are big faves of mine.