Songs that you can not listen too for some reason?

Neil_NNeil_N Posts: 6,026
Forum Member
My vote is 'Goodbye My Lover' by James Blunt. Played at my partners funeral back in November after his sudden death.

Comments

• pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rock DJ because it's absolutely terrible :)

I need to be in the right mood to listen to 'Hurt' by Johnny Cash. It can leave me upset
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anything by The Proclaimers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    Take me to Church by Hozier. Grrrr. Hate it.
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excruciating to listen to, have to turn the radio off:

Without you - Mariah Carey or Nilsson
    Feels like I'm in love - Kelly Marie
    Power of Love - Jennifer Rush
    Lady in Red - Chris De Burgh
  • Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry to hear that about your partner Neil_N.

Similar reasons but with my mum, but I have to be in the right mood for hearing I Will Always Love You (Dolly Parton) and I'll See You Again (Westlife) now.

I used to be unable to listen to Darius singing 'Incredible' because I really hated the word 'meltdown' in it for some reason. Fortunately I do not have this issue anymore because I love the song. :D
  • dammitbatman!!dammitbatman!! Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    "The Power of Love" (Gabrielle Aplin version) - was out at Christmastime when my Aunt was dying in hospital and the line "I'll protect you from the hooded claw, Keep the vampires from your door" just struck me. It's a beautiful version of the song, it just makes me really sad when I hear it.

Also, this is going to sound crazy but I can't listen to "Too lost in You" by Sugababes because it gives me really bad luck

I'm not crazy really ... :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kate Bush has a couple of songs that are almost painful to listen to because of how hard the message hits home. Don't Give Up, Moments of Pleasure and Among Angels always leave me in a bit of a state.
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    Summer (The First Time) by Bobby Goldsboro.

It's a really beautiful song but there's something about it that has me in floods of tears and just thinking about it while typing this is making me fill up!

:cry::(
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anything by the Lostprophets - as we now know what one of them got up to off stage.
  • player1player1 Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Candle in the wind - Elton John - was a classic track from a brilliant album, that was ruined by princess Di rewrite and re-issue and over exposure on radio
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Pharell - Happy . makes me ill
  • Lucy Van PeltLucy Van Pelt Posts: 11,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Delilah by Tom Jones, I had a kitten called Delilah she got run over :(
  • wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Get Lucky Daft Punk track has been so overplayed that it really does my head in and I have to turn it off whenever it comes on the radio. Some blert even requested on Simon Mayo's All Request Fridays, as it isn't played enough >: (

Art Garfunkel's Bright Eyes and Rod Stewart's I Don't Wanna Talk About It remind me of my cat who was run over so I don't like listening to them unless I intentionally want to let out some emotion.
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    "This Year's Love" by David Gray. Because the first time I hear it was also
    when I learned my grandmother had died, and it always makes me feel
    sad when I hear it. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    A very embarrassing incident happened to me whilst Girls Aloud - No Good Advice was playing in the background...
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Songs that have a sad resonance I actually enjoy listening to :).

Party Rock Anthem it's just pure trash and when ever it came on whilst out when it was released there was this forced fun about it which I loathe plus it's damn awful.
  • GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Burt Bacharach's This Guy's in love with you. I can listen to it, but a colleague had it played at his funeral and it always brings it back as in many ways I still can't believe he's gone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Da Fool - No Good (aka "Meet Him At The Blue Oyster Bar"), haven't heard it but I suspect it's very similar to Da Hool - Meet Her At The Love Parade, which I have heard...
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The XX - Angels reminds me of my ex as it was playing in the car as I said goodbye to him after we'd broke up. As soon as I hear the first note I want to cry :(
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    I Know it's over - The Smiths. Reminds me of my first proper break up, it's a powerful song I'd say.

And Fog by Radiohead, I think it's a b-side. Anyway it reminds me of good times when I'd listen to it on the way to a certain persons house and I was so happy. Like I'd finally found a kindred spirit, someone I wanted to spend nearly all of my time with and they felt the same way. A few years later and we don't talk anymore. Even though the song has happy memories connected with it it's a bit painful now really.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Take it all by Adele
    Birdy - Without a word
    Hit home regarding my last and rather intense relationship
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    Anything by the Lostprophets - as we now know what one of them got up to off stage.

Erggh yeah this. I always had a soft spot for one of their songs, because it was all we played during one of the best times in my life, but now looking back it's all so wrong. The fact that he's their lead vocalist maybe makes it even worse.

I remember being so angry once because my friends got to meet him while I had to work. I'm so glad I couldn't be there looking back.
  • marcina bolanmarcina bolan Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    Erggh yeah this. I always had a soft spot for one of their songs, because it was all we played during one of the best times in my life, but now looking back it's all so wrong. The fact that he's their lead vocalist maybe makes it even worse.

I remember being so angry once because my friends got to meet him while I had to work. I'm so glad I couldn't be there looking back.

I used to love 'Rooftops' and 'Last train Home' til I found out what the vile person had done!