Reccomendations for pregancy/mum to be websites

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 399
Forum Member
Hi
Found out I was pregnant on Sunday, have had a quick look via google and there seems to be so many websites out there, my brain is still registering my news, and I was wondering if any mum's out there use a particular website that they could recommend to me?

Thank u in advance :)

Comments

• AlphaKAlphaK Posts: 3,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could try copying your post onto the "pregnancy thread " in this forum . It has slipped off the first few pages so you will have to search for it . The mums - to -be on there may be able to recommend some other sites.

Edit : it's actually in GD - see my later post .
  • kjh84kjh84 Posts: 651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi, i use http://www.babycentre.co.uk/ i think it's a good website, has so much info :)
  • AlphaKAlphaK Posts: 3,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry Op , the pregnancy thread is in the GD forum , but I still suggest you visit it .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 399
    Forum Member
    couldn't find it in GD, but thanks anyway
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chisches wrote: »
    couldn't find it in GD, but thanks anyway

Here it is. :)
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,940
    Forum Member
    Mumsnet is becoming a bit of an media powerhouse. The founders are always on TV. Makes me wish I was a mum!! - (said the guy! :D) See the links to the different forums bottom left on link.
    http://www.mumsnet.com/
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my mrs was on mumsnet but had a very bad experiance with a few members on there being very condesending.

Also if this is your first time and you wish to attend a practical group have a look at NCT, They run courses which usually last 6 evening covering all aspects of pregnancy and childbirth.

http://www.nct.org.uk/home
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    I would highly recommend www.bounty.com

They information and forums for almost any topic you want to talk about. And you can find out what you can expect to get in your bounty packs throughout your pregnancy. Make sure you get the bounty packs! I found them great - filled with free samples and info. There are 5 packs in total that you get from 12 weeks pregnant until just after baby is born.

Also congratulations! I wish you a happy healthy pregnancy.
  • Rhino HornRhino Horn Posts: 1,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats!

Babycentre is brilliant, set up the email alerts and they will email you week by week development of your baby

For a general forum I used www.pregnancyforum.co.uk - they are friendly on there :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 399
    Forum Member
    Thank you to all who took time to respond esp mrslovethechang (thx for kind wishes), c4rv and kjh84 I will have a look at everything that has been suggested. Cheers x
  • fifilapewfifilapew Posts: 4,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ivillage.co.uk had forums for babies of every stage, I found them incredibly useful when I first became a mum.
  • frisky pythonfrisky python Posts: 9,737
    Forum Member
    Another vote for iVillage.co.uk.

I used them when trying to conceive and then when I became pregnant I joined the Mums Due board for my due date. Talking with other women at the same stage of pregnancy was hugely reassurring and I made some very good friends on there that I'm still in contact with 6years later!
  • timewarpbunnytimewarpbunny Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    Another vote for ivillage here - Mums Club Aprilo 06! I've also made friends for life there, i find it well moderated, the CLs are lovely and there's rarely any bitchiness :) if there is it's stamped out straight away!

x