Options

Cancelled /Renew Shows & Pick-ups

Comments

• Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, I remember that one. I fancied Michelle Ryan quite a bit at the time so wanted to like this one but . . . . . . .lasted one episode. Awful stuff.

I didn't think it was that bad
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Channel Pick (also on Freeview) has picked up US drama-in-the-vein-of-a-reality-tv-style-show Siberia which gets its premiere tonight at 9pm with a repeat later in the evening.
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    I Live With Models a new US 6-episode sitcom will premiere its first season on Comedy Central UK on Mon 23rd Feb at 9pm.

I admit i don't know much about this programme but it seems a bit odd to me - i think i'm right in saying its a UK produced sitcom set in America, with an American cast... so basically an American sitcom made by a UK channel (and recorded in the UK too i think)... :confused:
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Any news of either Empire or Agent Carter getting UK broadcasters?
  • Options
    blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    I admit i don't know much about this programme but it seems a bit odd to me - i think i'm right in saying its a UK produced sitcom set in America, with an American cast... so basically an American sitcom made by a UK channel (and recorded in the UK too i think)... :confused:

It looks in the vain of 2 and a half men type of show. Fairly broad humour, glamorous cast but focused on a 'blokey' straight man.
  • Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Any news of either Empire or Agent Carter getting UK broadcasters?

Nothing at all about Agent Carter. For Empire, there has been news that Amazon Prime is interested in picking it up for the UK, and More4 is known to have shown interest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MoreTears wrote: »
    Nothing at all about Agent Carter. For Empire, there has been news that Amazon Prime is interested in picking it up for the UK, and More4 is known to have shown interest.

Really hope More4 get it. If they can air Nashville, don't see why they can't air this one.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »

Sort of like the Muppet Show then?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sony Entertainment TV has picked up the rights for the 6th season of Community. It will premiere on Wed 18th March at 10:05pm consisting of 13 episodes.

Alibi channel has picked up the rights to US legal drama series Reckless. Premieres Fri 10th April at 9pm. A one-season show.

The Following season 3 returns to Sky Atlantic premiering on Sat 7th March at 9pm.
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any news on The Good Wife yet I'm dreading the day it is cancelled.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Sony Entertainment TV has picked up the rights for the 6th season of Community. It will premiere on Wed 18th March at 10:05pm consisting of 13 episodes.

Nice that we're getting it quickly, but I was hoping we'd be able to watch it on Yahoo! Screen too, as I don't have Sony...
  • Options
    blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Cool cool
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any news on The Good Wife yet I'm dreading the day it is cancelled.

The Plan was always seven seasons and while the demos are low, critical acclaim and award nominations are still there. A seventh and final season is almost likely to happen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazon Prime Instant Video UK has officially snapped up the UK rights to multiple seasons of Outlander. Already renewed for season 2.

Season 1 will premiere on Thur 26th March when the first 8 episodes will be available to download. Further episodes will be added weekly.
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cool cool

Cool, cool cool cool!
  • Options
    Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice that we're getting it quickly, but I was hoping we'd be able to watch it on Yahoo! Screen too, as I don't have Sony...

Yahoo Screen say they're showing it, a day before Sony:

https://uk.screen.yahoo.com/community/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Yahoo Screen say they're showing it, a day before Sony:

https://uk.screen.yahoo.com/community/

As far as I can tell Yahoo! Screen only has US rights, even though they have a UK site...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How To Get Away With Murder renewed for a second season.
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How To Get Away With Murder renewed for a second season.

I thought that was unofficial as they haven't actually announced it, instead they gave it a little trailer which could end up leading nowhere.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    I thought that was unofficial as they haven't actually announced it, instead they gave it a little trailer which could end up leading nowhere.

They said the show will return in the fall. To me, that is pretty much a renewal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm not surprised that How To Get Away With Murder got renewed. It's probably ABC's biggest new hit and they've found their niche with the whole TGIT thing, haven't they?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    I'm not surprised that How To Get Away With Murder got renewed. It's probably ABC's biggest new hit and they've found their niche with the whole TGIT thing, haven't they?

Indeed

That and Blackish have been ABC's biggest new hits this season.
  • Options
    chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully grey's and scandal will get renewed too
  • Options
    wowboywowboy Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hoping agent carter gets another season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks in the vain of 2 and a half men type of show. Fairly broad humour, glamorous cast but focused on a 'blokey' straight man.

I watched the first episode of I Live With Models, oh my god, BIG mistake! It is absolutely f*cking awful. One of the worst things i have ever seen in my entire life. I managed 15mins before i switched off, it was that painful. There is nothing funny about it, the jokes are terrible and the comedy is woeful. No one can act!!! Basically a big pile of shit. Unbelievable how crap like this gets commissioned and paid for.