Options

McFadden/Goodrem Wedding Postponed

TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So the big wedding set for Christmas/Summer in Aus is off, they are citing workloads for the reason, Goodrem might have but whata MCFadden been offered?

Comments

• Options
    tartan18tartan18 Posts: 2,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being a father to his kids maybe :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tartan18 wrote: »

From the other side of the world:D
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe he needs to book the lapdancers way in advance - *allegedly*
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member

Now come on, thats taking the joke too far!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And they said "sorry mate we are fully booked!"*allegedly*:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,053
    Forum Member
    So the big wedding set for Christmas/Summer in Aus is off, they are citing workloads for the reason, Goodrem might have but whata MCFadden been offered?

This reminds me so much of the Billy Zane/Kelly Brook scenario. One minute getting married in the summer/autumn/at Christmas/in 6 months/in a years time..... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,259
    Forum Member
    I don't really see why it is for any reason other than the one they have given really. The article states he has signed up to present the second series of some football thing so maybe they just are as he says, too busy!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sure it is just a workload issue, they seem to get on very well and I wish them well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maybe he's been booked for pantomime in Hull or something
  • Options
    PicklebumPicklebum Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

oh - you are awful.....;):D
  • Options
    Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member

Damn. You beat me to it :D

No allegedly either. He admitted it in the end.
  • Options
    Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Again? Smoking was the reason they couldn't marry last time.
  • Options
    tartan18tartan18 Posts: 2,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "smoking" :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,418
    Forum Member
    I'm inclined to think the reason is genuine. He seems to have his finger in every pie over there, a bit like Myleene Klass but not as irritating :D

Or maybe (you never know...) he wants his daughters to be there, and is waiting for the summer holidays? (August here, winter over there)
  • Options
    goonerladygoonerlady Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't really see why it is for any reason other than the one they have given really. The article states he has signed up to present the second series of some football thing so maybe they just are as he says, too busy!

Sadly he is presenting Football Superstar which starts at the end of May but I doubt it goes on more than a couple of months.

If they have busy lives then so be it but if getting married is important to you you would just do it and maybe delay the honeymoon?Anyway it is up to them and maybe there is another reason that they do not want to talk about?
  • Options
    angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does make you wonder how us 'mere mortals' manage to get married at all. Both me and my hubby were working full time and had other commitments but we managed it ok. We just put the date in our diaries, booked the next week for our honeymoon and made sure that nothing else clashed. May be the difference is that we just wanted to make our vows to each other in front of our friends and family. Funnily enough, we weren't approached by OK/Hello and offered megabucks!!!

It makes me smile when slebs say they can't find the time to get married...if it was that important, they'd make the time. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It does make you wonder how us 'mere mortals' manage to get married at all. Both me and my hubby were working full time and had other commitments but we managed it ok. We just put the date in our diaries, booked the next week for our honeymoon and made sure that nothing else clashed. May be the difference is that we just wanted to make our vows to each other in front of our friends and family. Funnily enough, we weren't approached by OK/Hello and offered megabucks!!!

It makes me smile when slebs say they can't find the time to get married...if it was that important, they'd make the time. :)

Seems to me like he is saying they want to take time with each other after they get married, not rush the whole thing and straight back to work. They are in a position to have whatever they want for it and they have jobs that aren't as easy as a 9-5 to get time off from. I'm sure Delta doesn't want to just take the vows anywhere any time.
  • Options
    darlingdarling Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member

The difference in your case is that you actually had the will to get married - so everything else fell into place.

If those 2 ever marry, I'll eat my hat (or I would if I had one). :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    darling wrote: »
    The difference in your case is that you actually had the will to get married - so everything else fell into place.

If those 2 ever marry, I'll eat my hat (or I would if I had one). :D

I'll remind you of that :D
  • Options
    darlingdarling Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    No problem, I'm confident.

But I'll have an imaginary hat ready, just in case. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Delta's beginning to see sense...

I don't know. If I was her and I saw how he treated (or didn't treat) his daughters from a previous marriage, there's no way I'd consider marrying and starting a family with him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    It can't be that hard for McFadden to get time off Eastenders, they could just write Phil out as going to rehab or something.
  • Options
    Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "smoking" :confused:

Yeah..Delta's dad told Bryanianyaian to give up smoking if he wanted to marry Delta...but he said he would stop smoking in order to get the blessing to marry her.. "but not yet". Later denied as the reason for postponment, despite direct quotes.

(p.s I know how hard smoking is to give up...but if it meant marrying someone I loved..and who had already beated cancer..I bloody weel would, wouldn't you?)

I can't believe he said of Kerry "her life is a soap opera and I just watch like everyone else". This DAUGHTERS are in the middle of that!!!! Would you marry someone like that????
  • Options
    ladybelladybel Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    if you want to get married, you do. 'Not having the time' is a pitiful excuse. If you're that much in demand, as a celebrity, then taking a bit of time off wouldn't be an issue.

I remember Jeremy Edwards and Rachel Stevens 'being too busy' to get hitched. They're both married to, or marrying other people now. Go figure.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ladybel wrote: »
    if you want to get married, you do. 'Not having the time' is a pitiful excuse. If you're that much in demand, as a celebrity, then taking a bit of time off wouldn't be an issue.

I remember Jeremy Edwards and Rachel Stevens 'being too busy' to get hitched. They're both married to, or marrying other people now. Go figure.

You'd think they'd be able to make the time at some point.

Something's got to give - either they're going to delay their 'busy schedule' and marry or perhaps it just isn't enough of a priority for them.