your views on Lost seasons 1-5 now you know the ending

Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,022
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Now that we all know what the flash sideways was what is your view on seasons 1 to 5 and everything that happned. Was anything important that even helped the finale in anyway?

Comments

• RooksRooks Posts: 9,081
    Forum Member
    Actually I'd drop that down to seasons 1-4 minus the season 4 finale. From the last episode of season 4 then show became a different series. Had you watched the pilot episode, then just the 6th season I don't think you'd have missed anything that had much relevance in the finale.
  • lostantlostant Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    Had you watched the pilot episode, then just the 6th season I don't think you'd have missed anything that had much relevance in the finale.
    I think you need to understand the characters to appreciate the ending to the full, and character development is right throughout the series. Without an attachment to the characters the ending is meaningless.
  • LARulzLARulz Posts: 34,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I need to understand the finale first :p
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    lostant wrote: »
    I think you need to understand the characters to appreciate the ending to the full, and character development is right throughout the series. Without an attachment to the characters the ending is meaningless.

I agree in the sense that you need to know the characters to have taken something away from the finale.

On an emotional level it was a triumph.
  • Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yea am not unhappy with the finale. I thought it was amazing TV but i was just left thinking what about seasons 1-5 not so much 5 but 1-4

I still love it and it is my favourite TV show and will maybe watch again around xmas time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think maybe S5 was too scifi and S6 was too faith
    S4 was ok with Widmore's people and the twist in the flashforwards
    (In hindsight, parts of 4-5 aren't needed because they went for an afterlife ending)

However, I really liked the 1-3 with the mystery of the Island, and especially each episode where we would discover something about the Others and, if we were lucky, new DHARMA stations

Like for example, the first episodes where they met Ethan were chilling when they discovered "this guy is not on the passenger list" and ... "OMG! there are other people on the Island!!!"
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris_TV wrote: »
    Now that we all know what the flash sideways was what is your view on seasons 1 to 5 and everything that happned. Was anything important that even helped the finale in anyway?

Well I definitely subscribe to the 'journey' school of thought..each of the seasons had its individual high points, of course you could tell the story in a season if you wanted but character development and storytelling would suffer.

Anyway, what we got that was relevant to the finale was:

Smokey - first appeared in the pilot and intermittently ever since, finally got resolved.
    Jacob - first mentioned in season 2 or 3 I think? I'll bet season 2. Drip drips of info, "he's not on Jacob's list" before revealing the full thing.

Jack - would prefer the show not to be quite so Jack-centric, but take a look at his journey over the last 6 years, from hardened skeptic to 'believing'
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    armorium wrote: »
    However, I really liked the 1-3 with the mystery of the Island, and especially each episode where we would discover something about the Others and, if we were lucky, new DHARMA stations

"Yay more Marvin Candle" :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 432
    Forum Member
    No relevence?

Desmond
    Ben
    Jacob
    Widmore
    Daniel
    Charlotte
    Miles
    Frank
    Ilana
    Richard
    And that's just the characters

Dhama
    Statue
    Jin speaking perfect English
    Donkeywheel
    Dead Locke
    Mad Claire
    Ajira Plane

They'd be so easy to explain woudn't they?