Options

In game graphics problems.

Elphie_LivesElphie_Lives Posts: 4,455
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So I bought Scarface for my laptop, and I went to system requirements.com and it said my PC should run it no problem was past the recommended settings as well as minimum. But once the game starts (which is meant to be in the house with people shooting at you) I can't see properly. Like the stairs, or where to aim or anything.

I'm not sure how I can fix it? So does anyone here know?

Comments

• Options
    paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    try turning graphics down to minimum, including lower resolution.

If still not working,check for updated graphics driver and any Scarface patch.

If still not working, look to upgrade graphics card (no idea if this is doable on a laptop sorry)
  • Options
    Vanilla_SliceVanilla_Slice Posts: 6,127
    Forum Member
    I had a similar issue on my PC. After digging around I found out alot of people were having similar problems if they have dual core and above processors on Windows 7.

The solution was to disable one of the cores.

msconfig>boot tab>advanced options>check box 'number of processors' and set to 1. Restart, wal-ah, Scarface works.

which has been pulled from http://www.sevenforums.com/gaming/98942-scarface-windows-7-a-2.html

It works but is a pita as you have to do that each gaming session unless you want to run in permanent single core mode.
  • Options
    Elphie_LivesElphie_Lives Posts: 4,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a similar issue on my PC. After digging around I found out alot of people were having similar problems if they have dual core and above processors on Windows 7.

The solution was to disable one of the cores.

msconfig>boot tab>advanced options>check box 'number of processors' and set to 1. Restart, wal-ah, Scarface works.

which has been pulled from http://www.sevenforums.com/gaming/98942-scarface-windows-7-a-2.html

It works but is a pita as you have to do that each gaming session unless you want to run in permanent single core mode.

Ah thanks that worked. :)