Why is there no Highlight show showing the last day

Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,034
Forum Member
✭✭✭
When did they scrap showing the highlights of the last day in the house. I know not much would of happened, but it would been good to see what the mood was like on the last day and what was said.

Comments

• EnJayKingEnJayKing Posts: 1,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone realised that the final should be the final episode.
  • DJFairborne77DJFairborne77 Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    Chris_TV wrote: »
    When did they scrap showing the highlights of the last day in the house. I know not much would of happened, but it would been good to see what the mood was like on the last day and what was said.

I agree & used to enjoy this in the first few series of the show, as it was interesting to see what happened on the last day, especially as it got down to the final 2, as I remember in BB2, when it was just Helen & Brian left and how excited he was when he won but had to stay in the house on his own, whilst they interviewed Helen etc. It would great to see what Rylan & Speidi were saying when they were the last 2 etc.

Also, we hardly see any of the penultimate day either, as in last night's CBB final, we only had about 5 minutes of footage from Thursday, so why can't they do an hour show tonight (Saturday) with some footage from Thursday & Friday? Surely this isn't asking too much? Especially when we didn't have any 'live' feed for the entire series etc. All Channel 5 are showing tonight is "The Matrix" film, so that could've waited & been showed another time. Oh well...
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes i miss the final hls show on the Sat and the final shots of the empty house with the echoing voices of the hms and the dipping of the lights.......

ah ch5 dont know what they are missing do they?
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree with the two posts above, I miss it too. Its not like C5 couldn't spare an hour for one more night.

I also used to like the BBLB show on the Sunday following the final, having all the HMs on after they'd had chance to see their F&F, seen clips and press cuttings, and spoken to each other off-camera could often be quite interesting and funny.
  • DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris_TV wrote: »

I doubt there was much to see
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we are meant to presume nothing of importance happened or ever happens as it is like that now every year. People stop needing to play the game as much on the final day and take all day to get ready? lol
    I don't think this year we ever properly saw them eat/cook a meal or ague over food shopping..i this a first??
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think we are meant to presume nothing of importance happened or ever happens as it is like that now every year. People stop needing to play the game as much on the final day and take all day to get ready? lol
    I don't think this year we ever properly saw them eat/cook a meal or ague over food shopping..i this a first??

I noticed a distinct lack of shopping list footage too, it usually makes up the biggest portion of a HL show in other series. Perhaps there wasn't much to be debated if they always received a luxury budget?
  • swan007swan007 Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    Agree with the two posts above, I miss it too. Its not like C5 couldn't spare an hour for one more night.

I also used to like the BBLB show on the Sunday following the final, having all the HMs on after they'd had chance to see their F&F, seen clips and press cuttings, and spoken to each other off-camera could often be quite interesting and funny.

I used to love the BBLB on the Sunday following the final too, I wish channel 5 would do a follow up programme like that.