Its a bit of a joke

CosyaCosya Posts: 4,730
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I can see why viewing figures are dipping it is so predictable.

As soon as Hayley got 9.5's it was so obvious that Ray would get 10's.

I don't know what it is about him but he comes across arrogant and smug. His face last week when he got 9's for example

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair, he has a lot to be smug about. In that partnership Ray looks like the pro and Maria like the celeb.
  • nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cosya wrote: »
    I can see why viewing figures are dipping it is so predictable.

As soon as Hayley got 9.5's it was so obvious that Ray would get 10's.

I don't know what it is about him but he comes across arrogant and smug. His face last week when he got 9's for example

Let me guess... you don't like Ray?
  • valeziovalezio Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ray is in a class of his own, can't fault him. He's brilliant!:)
  • CosyaCosya Posts: 4,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    natalian wrote: »
    Let me guess... you don't like Ray?

Not saying I don't like him but to give him a perfect 40 in week 4 is a bit of a joke. I didn't see much difference between his routine, Hayleys and Beth.

He is a great skater but he knows it. Beth and Hayley are not as big headed as him
  • adamw92adamw92 Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw it coming as soon as we found out he'd be on last. Once Hayley got 9.5s, it was even more obvious. I just can't bring myself to warm to him, I've enjoyed his performances though so far this series but that wasn't a 40.0 performance.
  • CosyaCosya Posts: 4,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not watching the results as watching The Jump.

Did he do his usual shouting Yes Yes Yes yes when his name was called?
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The judges should give themselves a rule that means no-one can get more than a 9 at this stage, then for the next few weeks cap it at 9.5, and save maximum 10s for the last few weeks. It's all a bit pointless otherwise.
  • cath99cath99 Posts: 6,826
    Forum Member
    If it all comes down to viewer votes, I think Beth will win!
  • ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see what you're saying about the predictability of the scoring.

The problem with the scoring is that the judges watch the rehearsals so they know roughly how they're going to mark before each 'live' performance. The only time they need to adjust their scores is when something goes wrong. For example, they may have had 8.0's on their mind for Suzanne, but she messed up a lift, so they dropped to 7.5's.

It all comes across planned/fake due to the fact the scores are figured out beforehand. It doesn't help when they save the best performances for the last two/three slots each week, either.
  • TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not saying I don't like him but to give him a perfect 40 in week 4 is a bit of a joke. I didn't see much difference between his routine, Hayleys and Beth.

He is a great skater but he knows it. Beth and Hayley are not as big headed as him

I'd agree that Beth isn't big headed..............
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reserved wrote: »
    I see what you're saying about the predictability of the scoring.

The problem with the scoring is that the judges watch the rehearsals so they know roughly how they're going to mark before each 'live' performance. The only time they need to adjust their scores is when something goes wrong. For example, they may have had 8.0's on their mind for Suzanne, but she messed up a lift, so they dropped to 7.5's.

It all comes across planned/fake due to the fact the scores are figured out beforehand. It doesn't help when they save the best performances for the last two/three slots each week, either.

Ray would probably still top the leaderboard even if he skated first ;-)
  • Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,857
    Forum Member
    valezio wrote: »
    Ray is in a class of his own, can't fault him. He's brilliant!:)

Absolutely, and I disagree with the OP, when I watched it I thought it had to be 10s, what could you fault about it, the lifts were clean, the attitude was on it and the matador leaps were something else. And I think people mistake confidence with smug, he is an exceptional skater, clearly above anyone else (although obviously both Beth and Hayley had excellent routines that would have been 10s in any other series) and he has to be marked accordingly: I can't wait to see what he does next and is the reason I'm back into DOI after a few years of being non-plussed
  • nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Sparkle* wrote: »
    The judges should give themselves a rule that means no-one can get more than a 9 at this stage, then for the next few weeks cap it at 9.5, and save maximum 10s for the last few weeks. It's all a bit pointless otherwise.

Why? This isn't a new crop of celebs. Most of them were getting top marks at the end of their respective series when they were winners. Doesn't it seem a bit silly that people who were getting 10's are now only getting 7's and 8's?
  • MerityMerity Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cestrian18 wrote: »
    Absolutely, and I disagree with the OP, when I watched it I thought it had to be 10s, what could you fault about it, the lifts were clean, the attitude was on it and the matador leaps were something else. And I think people mistake confidence with smug, he is an exceptional skater, clearly above anyone else (although obviously both Beth and Hayley had excellent routines that would have been 10s in any other series) and he has to be marked accordingly: I can't wait to see what he does next and is the reason I'm back into DOI after a few years of being non-plussed

So agree - Ray and Maria were brilliant...there are some really good skaters in the show but Ray is in a class of his own. :)
  • rsefitpro07rsefitpro07 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ray may be arrogant and smug but lets be honest he has every right to be like that!

The guy is in a class of his own. The scoring was perhaps predictable but he deserved straight 10's across the board.
  • myla5trolomyla5trolo Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry - wrong thread
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    Ray would probably still top the leaderboard even if he skated first ;-)

I didn't mean it like that.

I just meant in general saving the best few until last isn't doing the show any favours. Making us sit through the performances that are there just to "make up the numbers" whilst we wait for the better performances of the week to come on is stupid. Look at the comments in the discussion thread - the majority found Kyran's, Suzanne's, Gareth's and Bonnie's performances underwhelming. Throwing Beth, Hayley, Ray or even Sam into the mix, separating those performances would have helped lift the show.
  • Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    He is not as arrogant as Sam.
  • Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    Not saying I don't like him but to give him a perfect 40 in week 4 is a bit of a joke.

Why? If in the judges opinion he did a 10 stake then that's what he did.

In your silly way of thinking and judging they must see a stake worth 10 and then say "Oh wait it's only week 4 so we must lie about it and mark it lower because of the week we are on".

That's just silly.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having Jayne and Chris skate half way through seemed odd too - as if to separate the first group from the second :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    Having Jayne and Chris skate half way through seemed odd too - as if to separate the first group from the second :confused:

They've done it like that for at least the last two years. I've always hated it. No idea why they do it like that.
  • big bang theorybig bang theory Posts: 4,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I liked Ray's performance this week but his performance wasn't perfect as he nearly blew his lift towards the end, but other than that he did well to be fair to him.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ray may be arrogant and smug but lets be honest he has every right to be like that!

The guy is in a class of his own. The scoring was perhaps predictable but he deserved straight 10's across the board.

No one ever has a right to be arrogant, regardless of their talent. Confident, yes. Arrogant, never. He is the wrong side of the line between the two!

He is a good skater but I never liked him in his series, and he's done nothing to change my mind yet in this series!
  • rsefitpro07rsefitpro07 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    No one ever has a right to be arrogant, regardless of their talent. Confident, yes. Arrogant, never. He is the wrong side of the line between the two!

He is a good skater but I never liked him in his series, and he's done nothing to change my mind yet in this series!

Myabe i worded the post wrong, but lets face it this guy has the show won, no one else will beat him.
  • conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Myabe i worded the post wrong, but lets face it this guy has the show won, no one else will beat him.

It does seem that way doesn't it... and there is no doubt NO ONE can match him talent wise. BUT.... there is that all important likeability factor that can sway a vote in the end, and if another pair do a very good routine and come across far more likeable on the night, you never know how it could affect the vote.