Options

Big Brother with a bit of singing...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 989
Forum Member
✭✭
Okay, I didn't watch tonight because I was out and so I didn't vote. And I hear that Ruth has gone and I feel bad. However, I lack shock or surprise and I can't even muster outrage now. I've lost all interest. The whole show is basically Big Brother with a bit of singing...

Early on two good girl bands went ahead of weaker singers. Then yeah, one of the right people went out. Then Austin went even though he had a whole lot more to give. Then came the travesty of Laura... whether she's to your taste or not, that girl had an incredible voice and so much heart and she should have gone so far and bam, she's gone. Then yeah, it was Daniel's time. And maybe it was Rachel time too, although I don't personally agree... controversial issue. And now Ruth... serious contender, so much passion, such a voice.

The show just isn't about talent or a singing voice. It's about the cute factor, it's about regional votes, it's about silly squabbles between judges, it's about dramas and rumours... People audition for this show to make their dreams come true. I'm a sucker for this sort of thing. I get so invested and then it comes to the finals and I totally lose interest because the talent has gone.

What have we got now? A young lad who I'm sure if very nice but has sailed through the competition effortlessly, not because he's good but because the judges and voting public are blind to his lack of range; a girl who's voice is pleasant enough but fake at best and therefore is damaging herself and becoming increasingly out of tune as the weeks go past; a boyband who have given one stellar performance and the rest largely mediocre but glide through on their lovely personalities and sparkling, colour coodinated dress senses and yes, one girl who has a very special talent, the voice of a diva, delivers every week, is fun and delightful but will undoubtedly be booted out next and fade into oblivion. What's the point? :(