Anyone else fed up of Simon Cowell monopolizing ITV

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »
    Nothing different than Endemol monopoising TV, mostly Channel 4.

How often do you find an article on DS about "New show from Endemol"?

I like BGT and I'm willing to give Red or Black a go. I despise The X Factor mainly because of it's domination over the charts, and the vast amount of attention it gets from other media when it should just be self contained in the show itself. It makes it very difficult for people like me to ignore it.

I think it's more a case of Cowell getting just as much attention as the shows themselves. Nigel Lythgoe never got this much attention with a show he produced. If you don't like Simon Cowell or the shows he produces, it's very, VERY difficult to get away from them. They're all over the papers, they're being featured on other shows, and radio shows discuss them too.

So much so that I was looking forward to Paul Burling's show (the impressionist from BGT) that it was utterly ruined by how often The X Factor was referenced in near enough every p*ssing sketch!
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't like Simon Cowell or the shows he produces, it's very, VERY difficult to get away from them. They're all over the papers, they're being featured on other shows, and radio shows discuss them too.

Not that difficult, I don't think I have ever watched a programme with him in it apart from odd appearances on things like the news.