Options

Do you have any really stupid friends/relatives?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know someone who didn't know the queen had a husband .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    Well a certain relative complained that they had no heating during an electricity outage when there was a gas fire sitting right in front of them that they could of turned on. They also drove twenty miles on a flat tyre totally ruining it by turning the radio up to drown out the strange clonking noise. And they left their car at home and got public transport because the key fob didn't work when they had a spare in the house.

Last year I drove about 8 miles without realising that my handbrake was on. :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My cousin once told me he had seen a ring he wanted to buy his girlfriend but he could only find it in really large sizes.

It was a bracelet.
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My husband once said to me (I'd had a night out and was a bit drunk) "so what's in a Bacardi breezer then, vodka?" I fell off my chair laughing in a drunken stupor.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    Well a certain relative complained that they had no heating during an electricity outage when there was a gas fire sitting right in front of them that they could of turned on. They also drove twenty miles on a flat tyre totally ruining it by turning the radio up to drown out the strange clonking noise. And they left their car at home and got public transport because the key fob didn't work when they had a spare in the house.

You owe me a new keyboard and coffee!!! :D:D:D
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My OH has a really dumb cousin. I can't endure any more than a few minutes in the guys company as it's torture trying to sustain any sort of conversation with him.:o
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Yeah I used to know someone who was clueless with computers. She took computer classes and still didn't know how to use it and I was always the personal helpdesk :mad:
  • Options
    allaboardallaboard Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My friend who is a teacher got asked by one of her studennts if zebras laid eggs. Another wanted to know which classification group mermaids went in. They are top set year 9.
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My cousin didn't realise that getting cash back from a shop came out of her bank account. She thought they were just giving her money. She rushed home from the shop to tell us all that they had just given her 50 quid!! We laughed for days.
  • Options
    Dave1979Dave1979 Posts: 1,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Ignorance is bliss"

I'm sure that's true but it is also a choice. I can't bear to be around stupid people that have no interest in bettering themselves
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    I know a bloke who goes out metal detecting with some mates of mine and he insists on navigating, despite the fact he hasn't got a clue.

This person actually thinks North is wherever you happen to be facing when you look at a map because the arrow at the top says North.

After one journey of 75 miles to get to someplace that was 15 miles away, the group's driver insisted that he should be told before we set off where we are going.

So dopey announces we were going to Collessie. So off we went from Dundee to Collessie. We arrive at Collessie, in Fife and Dopey tells us we are at the wrong place.

"Where are we supposed to be?"

"Collessie"

"What's the name on the signpost?"

"Collessie"

"So we're here."

"No, it's not Collessie."

So the driver gets out a road map, finds that there is only one Collessie and we are there. Dopey grabs the map, flicks through few more pages and starts jamming his finger on a place called Colliston near Arbroath.

"There! COLLESSIE!"

"That's Colliston!"

"Well I call it Collessie!"

Then he was asked "Did it ever occur to you to mention that we were heading in the wrong direction? Especially as crossing the Tay Road Bridge must have been a clue"

"I thought you were taking a short cut." :confused:

Another time he had asked me to fix his computer. It didn't take much time to realise it was VERY badly infected with hundreds of viruses and he had no AV software.

So installed one and started a scan. As soon as it started he "needed" to check his e-mail. I noticed that he had a lot of spam and was warning him about it. Instead of listening he was opening all the spam, clicking on all the links and on all the pop-ups. His reason?

"Babes keep sending me pictures of themselves with no clothes on and I don't even know them!"

He ended up cancelling the scan (because he had to go out and didn't want the computer to go on fire!). A couple of days later he deleted it because "it went crazy and tried to update all the viruses on my computer!"

I thought that was the end of it but three months later he told me I owed him a TV! I asked what he was talking about and he said he had to throw his 18 month old 28 inch telly out because it wouldn't work - so it must have been something to do with the anti-virus stuff I put on his computer (in a different room and not connected to the telly).

I asked what was wrong with his TV and he said it wouldn't respond to the remote control.

His face was a picture when I asked if he'd tried putting fresh batteries in the remote. :D
  • Options
    DinkyDoobieDinkyDoobie Posts: 17,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyone i know has a stupid friend.
  • Options
    PorkSausagePorkSausage Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know any stuipid people, and I know lots of poeple who do.
  • Options
    .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    Not stupid, more just wonder how I ended up with the views I did that are so vastly different to theirs.

For example a lot of family don't agree with gay marriage or adoption, some are racist and pretty much all of them bar my Mum and my Brother sound like they are reading word for word from a tabloid when they discuss world issues. I don't know if these are genuinely their views or there is just a lot of ignorance at play.

It's especially annoying when you are having a conversation and they question my views and I back my views up with facts and a reasoned argument (that sounds really full of myself - not meant to be) and yet when I do the same, the normal response I get is 'well it's just my opinion and I'm entitled to it and I won't discuss it anymore'.
  • Options
    pink star 28pink star 28 Posts: 1,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tothegrand wrote: »
    I used to know someone who thought the world was black and white in the "old days".

I am sure joey Essex from TOWIE said something very similar. Oh and he also thought that Gordon Ramsey was priminister.
  • Options
    mandosomandoso Posts: 591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tothegrand wrote: »
    I used to know someone who thought the world was black and white in the "old days".

I used to think that too! But then I was corrected by the age of 8
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a friend who is not exactly intelligent but he has a big heart you just can't help but like him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ashe17 wrote: »
    My niece. Some how managed get on 2 buses going the wrong way. Also left a curry in a pub toilet.
    Have a friend who gets confused very easily. One time in college sent a message to her saying ive lost my phone please call it and she did.
    I've done this plenty of times after a hot curry :cool::D:o
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My family members are all intelligent, must be a combination of genetic factors and good schools in the area. I don't have any stupid friends either, although I used to hang around with a girl who said "specific" instead of "pacific" and "pisgetti" for "spaghetti". She knew what she was doing though. I had to stop being friends with her when she started doing really hurtful things and doing the dozy "but I didn't know" routine to get out of it.
  • Options
    Mrs MackintoshMrs Mackintosh Posts: 1,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pugamo wrote: »
    My family members are all intelligent, must be a combination of genetic factors and good schools in the area. I don't have any stupid friends either, although I used to hang around with a girl who said "specific" instead of "pacific" and "pisgetti" for "spaghetti". She knew what she was doing though. I had to stop being friends with her when she started doing really hurtful things and doing the dozy "but I didn't know" routine to get out of it.

I had a boss who did this. In team meetings we used to take bets on who could get him to say it first.

I had a friend who thought "gun dogs" were dogs trained to use guns.
  • Options
    TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I like my really stupid relatives the best. My cousin thinks Winston Churchill was black. I bloody love her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know a bloke...

Bloody hell, to think people like dopey are allowed to vote...
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    I have a friend like that. We went for a walk with him in Aberystwyth years ago - walked up Constitution Hill and told him it was a pity it was misty because on a clear day you could see America.... only you had to look from the right place, or Ireland would get in the way

He believed it completely :eek::D
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My cousin was eating a bacon sandwich while telling her friend that she hated pork. I asked how could she hate pork if she could eat bacon, seeing that both originate with a pig? She laughed and said, "Bacon isn't from a pig, stupid." I asked what did she think bacon was made of? She just shrugged her shoulders.

I joked, "What, you didn't know beef is from a cow either? You know where milk is from, right?" She hit my arm and said, "They're from factories, you dumb ****! God, what kind of school you go to? I'm telling Aunt (my mum) to transfer you to a better school."

She really didn't know those packaged meats originated with animals. It took her friend ages to convince her. I was 12 and she was 23.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    I once attended a group job interview and we were all given statements and had to stand up and either agree or disagree with the statement and give reasons. One girl got the statement along the lines of "The British Isles need to do more to combat child poverty" She stood up and said "well ive never been to the British Isles...." I didnt hear the rest for trying to stop myself from bursting out laughing. Needless to say she didnt get the job :D