Britain's Got Talent 2014 - Semi Final 3/Results - 28 May 2014 - 7.30/9.30pm - ITV1

1565758596062»

Comments

• Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,266
    Forum Member
    It's nice to see Lou-Lou having fun after his traumatic experience on Eurosong a couple of months ago! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    tigragirl wrote: »
    I like rylan but the teeth are from another planet
    Looks like he has floodlights embeded in his gob
  • RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    Forgot to ask . Can anyone help me with the competition question. I don't want to get it wrong. :o

What was the question?

I'm still trying to find out who went through tonight.
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why are there two golden buzzer acts in tomorrow nights final, surely they should have had one every night
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    I really hope their predictions for tomorrow are wrong , we don't need 2 more singers in the final for goodness sake.

I hope the 2 boys and that Eva sob story don't go through tomorrow.

I agree but I think the boys are a certainty unless they mess up their song.
  • RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How rude! The presenter asked the singers what plans they had, then spoke over them and wouldn't let them answer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    Well im off
    Night to everyone
    Looking forward to better nights show tommorow, luckily the forum is always entertaining
    Even if BGT is not :p
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Lucy Kay drinking game, down a shot everytime she cries. Everytime I see her, she's always crying.
  • duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Lucy was supposed to be a student of music. When asked who composed Nella Fantasia she had no idea - for any classical, educated singer not to have read up at least on who wrote the music and lyrics is pretty pathetic in my book. She is a trained singer, not a street urchin.

Worse, the panel either did not know the song or not know who wrote it. Andrew Lloyd Webber FFS! It doesn't sound remotely like anything he would write and the lyrics are extremely unlikely to have been in Italian had he written the music. The panel is 'judging' things it is unqualified to comment on, we might as well have any 4 ITV viewers there. The panel is supposed to enlighten us.

I thought Lucy looked great and she was much better than on her first outing, I think she deserved her win, but without that lovely song, the reverb and the hoopla, she is very average IMO.

The music was written by Ennio Morricone as an instrumental for the movie The Mission in the early 90s. A few years later Sarah Brightman asked Morricone to let her have it as a song and Chiara Ferraù wrote the lyrics, possibly based on ideas or lyrics in English from Sarah Brightman. She has sung it many times. Il Divo have covered it and it has appeared on several 'Got Talents' around the world. As usual, everything on Simon Cowell's shows is recycled and has the maximum rights wrung out of it to get value for money!
  • Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's bloody annoying as I'm going out on the 7th and will miss the final.

And I only got out once each 3 years!

Typical that I have to attend a 60th birthday on the final night. I know I can record it to watch later, but it's just not the same as watching it go out live. I very rarely go out on a Saturday evening, but as well as going out then, I was also at a wedding on the night of the Eurovision. People should get their act together and not arrange important events on the nights of other important events. lol. :D
  • p1xiep1xie Posts: 2,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duncann wrote: »
    The music was written by Ennio Morricone as an instrumental for the movie The Mission in the early 90s. A few years later Sarah Brightman asked Morricone to let her have it as a song and Chiara Ferraù wrote the lyrics, possibly based on ideas or lyrics in English from Sarah Brightman. She has sung it many times. Il Divo have covered it and it has appeared on several 'Got Talents' around the world. As usual, everything on Simon Cowell's shows is recycled and has the maximum rights wrung out of it to get value for money!

Check out the Russell Watson version too. It's lovely.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonight was an improvement on last night thank goodness. Not the best semi-final in the world but not the worst either.

I think the right two went through. Yet again a variety act let the side down - poor Sam Jones; why couldn't we understand the baby this time around? Brian Chan was bizarre and not in a good way - what was that about???
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tigragirl wrote: »
    I like rylan but the teeth are from another planet

Looks like he's swallowed a vicars collar.
  • CMCM Posts: 33,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame Paddy can't take part due to her Rib injury because she and Rico would have Won , :cool:

Them two boys might be good but the little one acting the way he does at his age makes you wonder what he will be like when he's older very much too full on. :o

Although they will win now unfortunately. :(
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CM wrote: »
    Shame Paddy can't take part due to her Rib injury because she and Rico would have Won , :cool:

Them two boys might be good but the little one acting the way he does at his age makes you wonder what he will be like when he's older very much too full on. :o

Will they?

Subo was massively overexposed like them and she didn't win, there is still hope albeit slim hope ;)
  • jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Have they been replaced? Perhaps, if not, there will be 2 wildcards?
  • Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Paddy and her partner have been given the all clear to perform tomorrow night now.

If those two boys win then there is just no justice. I still think that Calebro are the best, all five of them have wonderful voices and each one could be a big star in his own right.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paddy and her partner have been given the all clear to perform tomorrow night now.

If those two boys win then there is just no justice. I still think that Calebro are the best, all five of them have wonderful voices and each one could be a big star in his own right.

Yes they did Great, :)

Although you could tell she had some pain at certain moments but even so Paddy and Rico did Great. :)
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were crap.

You could tell they were being cautious because of her previous injury, so couldn't chuck her around etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were crap.

You could tell they were being cautious because of her previous injury, so couldn't chuck her around etc.

The public didn't think Paddy was crap that's why she is in final and others have gone home. :)