• Mrs MillsMrs Mills Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some good finishes in store tomorrow.
  • davethecuedavethecue Posts: 23,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Mills wrote: »
    We need 240. Might be too many. You have a quality attack and there has been something in the pitch through the match.

145/5 with Northants needing another 95 and Lancs 5 wickets

I would have Northants as slight favs with the current partnership worth 68 so far

Hope the weather stays fine
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 102,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    davethecue wrote: »
    145/5 with Northants needing another 95 and Lancs 5 wickets

I would have Northants as slight favs with the current partnership worth 68 so far

Hope the weather stays fine

we need a couple of early wickets !

come on Jimmeh !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    we need a couple of early wickets !

come on Jimmeh !

Jimmy takes 2 early wickets !

I should do this more often................:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lancs win !

Middlesex making a good fist of chasing down 470-odd to win against Yorkshire

past 300 now with 8 wickets in hand........this is the game on Sports Extra
  • PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Somerset win by an Innings and 11 runs :D against Sussex at Hove after we bowled them out for 219 in their second Innings.
  • davethecuedavethecue Posts: 23,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    Jimmy takes 2 early wickets !

I should do this more often................:D

Well done Swing :)
  • Mrs MillsMrs Mills Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good win for Lancashire supporters but not good for the overall state of county cricket. Following Derbyshire struggling last season it is now becoming clear that the top division is too much for the smaller counties. There are 8 very strong counties in Division 1 this year and whoever finishes 8th will go down and come straight back up which takes some of the excitement away.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit of a rude awakening for Middlesex. Going from 34-0 to 66-8!
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't help but think Onions has bowled himsel out of the First Test here, hasn't looked good at all, down on pace, and bowling too short. We've got Tim Bresnan to do that:D
  • howard hhoward h Posts: 23,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another typical Lancashirer day - top order collapses and middle/late order digs them out of it. Oh, yes, and the statutory bad light underneath (arguably) Britain's finest floodlights.
  • Jo VialityJo Viality Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    howard h wrote: »
    Another typical Lancashirer day - top order collapses and middle/late order digs them out of it. Oh, yes, and the statutory bad light underneath (arguably) Britain's finest floodlights.

I think you can only continue whilst the floodlights are aiding the natural light.
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I Dabbed into the mid afternoon to close of play late last night and commentary stayed lively enough to stay the course.

Well, 3 days of easiest batting ever at Durham and now day 4 the dark clouds have arrived.
    With the only rain of note arriving for an hour or so mid afternoon Durham might be lucky to get away with a draw.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    I Dabbed into the mid afternoon to close of play late last night and commentary stayed lively enough to stay the course.

Well, 3 days of easiest batting ever at Durham and now day 4 the dark clouds have arrived.
    With the only rain of note arriving for an hour or so mid afternoon Durham might be lucky to get away with a draw.

To be fair yesterdays play was pretty good. Sidebottom and Bresnan really bowled well on an unresponsive pitch, and the Durham batsmen hung in with skill and a bit of luck.
  • tennismantennisman Posts: 4,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do they allow the lights on in LVCC matches, Howard?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tennisman wrote: »
    Do they allow the lights on in LVCC matches, Howard?

Certainly do. The ones at Greater Old Trafford are very powerful. The disappointing side is they can be used to *add to* the natural light, not *replace it* so umpires seem to be able to take the players off any time they like. I hate the *bad light* rule and IMO it's destroying cricket.
    Batsmen can't get hurt considering the amount of armour they wear, floodlights are easily good enough these days, every ground has sufficient sightscreens and if the ball's in the air - during daylight hours - the worst it's against is a grey sky.
    Time *bad light* was abolished until after official sunset.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Certainly do. The ones at Greater Old Trafford are very powerful. The disappointing side is they can be used to *add to* the natural light, not *replace it* so umpires seem to be able to take the players off any time they like. I hate the *bad light* rule and IMO it's destroying cricket.
    Batsmen can't get hurt considering the amount of armour they wear, floodlights are easily good enough these days, every ground has sufficient sightscreens and if the ball's in the air - during daylight hours - the worst it's against is a grey sky.
    Time *bad light* was abolished until after official sunset.

What a confusing definition (add to but not substitute..).:confused:
  • dtcdtcdtcdtcdtcdtc Posts: 16,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leaders Warwickshire bowled out in only 31 overs to lose by an innings to Yorkshire

Middlesex have trounced Yorkshire; Warwickshire have trounced Middlesex; Yorkshire have now trounced Warwickshire. Picking a winner in this season's Championship is not easy.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-cricket-2014/content/current/story/744447.html

Freddie Flintoff seems likely to cone out of retirement to play for Lancs in the T20

If he is fit enough, I would have him in the England T20 side as well
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like Lancs need to bat out most of the day to get a draw against Middx

Can't see it really........the batting looks very flakey

Oh........now we need rain it looks like the first sunny day for ages.........:o
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dtcdtcdtc wrote: »
    Leaders Warwickshire bowled out in only 31 overs to lose by an innings to Yorkshire
    Middlesex have trounced Yorkshire; Warwickshire have trounced Middlesex; Yorkshire have now trounced Warwickshire. Picking a winner in this season's Championship is not easy.
    It won't be Warwickshire.

Remove Bell and they look in dire straits.
  • apaulapaul Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member

Looking likely to be Yorkshire as they have the best batting and seam attack. They weren't really trounced by Middlesex. Ahead for most of the match, but thwarted by the pitch flattening out and an individual innings.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

apaul wrote: »
    Looking likely to be Yorkshire as they have the best batting and seam attack. They weren't really trounced by Middlesex. Ahead for most of the match, but thwarted by the pitch flattening out and an individual innings.

I can't see past Yorkshire. They look to be very strong again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Always enjoyed watching Flintoff but what is the point of him playing in the T20?

Lancashire spend thousands on an academy and then bring back a player who has a knackered knee and is only ever likely to play again on a short term basis.

Freddie's appearance, should he play, will boost attendance. But still, why aren't Lancashire concentrating on developing new players and a new side?

FF will take the place of one of the existing squad (Kyle Hogg or someone younger / newer) and I'd be pretty fed up if I were them and this was the case.

PS As for Sangakarra playing 2 games for Durham - don't get me started!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tennisman wrote: »
    Always enjoyed watching Flintoff but what is the point of him playing in the T20?

I think the phrase "£" covers it.
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    oh no SKY have got Vaughan working for them now , didn't know he had switched from the bbc

if we get him and nick knight together at any point I'm not sure I can handle that