Options

Beyond two souls

Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I started playing this last night. It's a pretty good game reminds me a lot of Heavy Rain. Question though how much do your choices affect game events and the final outcome ?

Comments

• Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not as much as Heavy Rain.
  • Options
    Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    I'm finding it better so far,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm finding it better so far,

I think that comes down to whether you prefer spy stories or detective stories. I enjoyed both but felt Heavy Rain offered more opportunity to change the path of the story.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that comes down to whether you prefer spy stories or detective stories. I enjoyed both but felt Heavy Rain offered more opportunity to change the path of the story.

Heavy rain left me an emotional wreck lol.
    Beyond two souls is an amazing game i personally can't choose between heavy rain and beyond two souls as to which was better, both incredible games.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member

this is why I gave it a miss. I read a review that said the story can not change, or if it does, it wont be very much and you will still end up with a similar ending regardless.

if it ever comes to plus, i'll pick it up for my ps3
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The interactive movie gameplay style of Heavy Rain was excusable thanks to a superb story and a knowledge that your decisions had an actual impact on what was going to happen.

Beyond Two Souls takes all of the worst aspects of Heavy Rain, and none of the best. It is a very poor effort overall.
  • Options
    Echo1Echo1 Posts: 7,724
    Forum Member
    I've read enough reviews from buyers to convince me that I'll enjoy the game and as it's on Amazon for just £10 new, I ordered a copy.
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The game is okay but no where near as good as Heavy Rain. Remember and press X to Jason :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just finished another play through of this, this time following a guide to set things up for another run for Platinum. One thing I really noticed on this run is how the same thing plays out no matter what options you choice, the scenes do play out slightly different but its really just a slightly different journey to the same destination. Most of the choices at the end feel wrong as well.

It felt like The Walking Dead in that sense that no matter how you dealt with a situation the eventual out come was always the same. Heavy Rain truly felt like you were changing story along the way, I think playing as more than one character and then having the possibility for them to die off during the story added to that sense.

Neither are perfect but I like what they are trying to do with these games, I think I preferred Heavy Rain overall but I would like the see a sequel to Beyond.
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Two great games IMO. HR is the better of the two, but B2S is no slouch either, I really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw someone on YouTube play this for the first time. Graphically for a 7 year old game it looked incredible. I’d heard of this game but never played. It’s available on pc for £5 or PS4 for 24.99.
  • Options
    shoestring25shoestring25 Posts: 4,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    I saw someone on YouTube play this for the first time. Graphically for a 7 year old game it looked incredible. I’d heard of this game but never played. It’s available on pc for £5 or PS4 for 24.99.

its always on offer on the ps store both games for £10
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

its always on offer on the ps store both games for £10

Currently 35 for that and heavy rain.. I’ve played Detroit. Absolutely loved that game.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 03/07/21 - 18:19 #15
    I got ps now which has both games.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This game so far has been awesome. The one thing that hasn’t been great is the camera angles when controlling Jodie. Gets extremely frustrating at times. Have read comments on that from others.
  • Options
    stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,396
    Forum Member
    I loved Heavy Rain, One of my favourite PS3 games. I was even quite fond of Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy which came before it.

I didn't enjoy Beyond Two Souls anywhere near as much. The way the story was told out of sequence (I think they later patched in the option to play it sequentially) made it a bit confusing in places & also made some of the choices feel less consequential as you couldn't affect things in the same way as you could in Heavy Rain. There were also aspect of the gameplay I didn't like as much & certain aspects of it frustrated me enough that it put me off wanting to replay it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 06/07/21 - 13:35 #18
    I think the out of sequence story telling was excellent made it feel like you were putting together a puzzle it even shows you at the beginning of every chapter where in the timeline the chapter is. The game doesnt really have as many choices as its generally just different ways of doing things but saving other people or having them die is in your control.

great game i would give it 8/10
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Completed it this morning. Really good game. Heavy rain next. I’m expect that to be as good being the same developers.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Completed it this morning. Really good game. Heavy rain next. I’m expect that to be as good being the same developers.

Nope, Heavy Rain is much much better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »

personally i really liked beyond two souls and Jodies story and preferred it to heavy rain.

for me it goes
    Detroit become human
    Beyond two souls
    Heavy rain
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

personally i really liked beyond two souls and Jodies story and preferred it to heavy rain.

for me it goes
    Detroit become human
    Beyond two souls
    Heavy rain

Same order for me too.
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

for me it goes
    Detroit become human
    Beyond two souls
    Heavy rain
    I liked Beyond and Heavy Rain, but Detroit become human never grabbed my attention long enough to even complete one playthrough.