Ive been invited to a work collegues wedding reception party should I go?

Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
Forum Member
✭✭
Ive been invited to a work collegues wedding reception party for November time should I go? to be honest im not really that close with this girl whos getting married but she has invited me along with other staff members. Im in a situation here as if I did go I wouldnt know anyone there expect people from work but im not sure who would turn up for it. If I didnt go then it would look rude/weird of me to not be there and could create an atmosphere at work. Any help would be appreciated :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    You should go. This could develop your relationship with this work colleague and you could become friends.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One day being slightly uncomfortable until your first couple of drinks, or weeks of being treated like a lepar? No contest. Go.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It may be the girl is being very nice and inviting everyone from work so as to be kind and not leave anyone out, or she may genuinely like you all. I would accept and then see what others say and if nearer the time you really feel you cannot attend pull a sicky at the last minute but to pay for your sins of non attendance buy a present and a card. or you could just go and find you may enjoy it and if not leave early .
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for your help and good advice recieved I was thinking also maybe I should show my face for an hour or two then go that way at least I was there. I wouldnt be able to stay late as I would have work the next day as the wedding party is on a weekend and I work weekends
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Good for you, just go and show your face. She might just want gifts, but don't bother with that, have some cake. :-D
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why don't you just ask some of your other work mates if they are going and all go together :confused:
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, go, no-one is asking you to stay the whole day/night and you never know, you might enjoy yourself or meet someone there who's company you enjoy! ;)
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's only for a few drinks albeit it's free if it's a glass of champers or more! Or even better, a piece of cake if you get lucky!

I've attended a few wedding receptions with some work colleagues and it was quite fun! I agree with other FMs here as you should ask your work colleagues first if they're going too then you can join them as it might be no fun & laughs if you go on your own just in case.