Baroness Thatcher Dies - news & television coverage

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
Forum Member
Sad news that Baroness Thatcher has died this morning, there is currently rolling news coverage on BBC One (extended News at One) suspect there will be lots of news/programmes relating to this in the coming days, plus a possible televised service at St Pauls?

Comments

• soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going to get a state funeral with full military honours at St Pauls so expect wall to wall coverage for at least 12 hours from BBC and Sky then the event itself
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going to get a state funeral with full military honours at St Pauls so expect wall to wall coverage for at least 12 hours from BBC and Sky then the event itself

'Ceremonial Funeral', not 'State Funeral', because she did not want a Lying In State.
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When was the last time a non- sports story was BREAKING NEWS!!! on Sky Sports News?
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »
    When was the last time a non- sports story was BREAKING NEWS!!! on Sky Sports News?

I would have guessed the 7/7 bombings, but i was at college that day, so i cant be 100% sure
  • joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,025
    Forum Member
    Only two Breaking News segments on ITV one during Loose Women and one before the Break before the 13:30 Main News programme, no extended News programmes on ITV,
    more will follow at 6:00 and 18:30 as it has been announced

Normal programmes have now been resumed on ITV
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tim Wilcox had a Freudian slip earlier, saying she died following a "strike".

Sian Williams and Emily Matlis have both seemed close to tears - I suppose it's possible that as journalists they knew her personally.
  • gamez-fangamez-fan Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess all programmes are now subject to change
    i'd better not miss broadchurch tonight because of this
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky News, have seemed to have got Jeremy Thompson, to work early, I always find it feels more substancial with him.
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Covering in depth on CNN, headlining on Euronews & France 24, CCTV, Al Jazeera, Arise News.
  • Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    gamez-fan wrote: »

TV company in prioritising current news event over a pre-recorded drama series shocker.

Get over yourself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jzee wrote: »
    Covering in depth on CNN, headlining on Euronews & France 24, CCTV, Al Jazeera, Arise News.
    France 24 also giving extended coverage.
  • gamez-fangamez-fan Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get over yourself.
    Well im soooooooooo over the death of Lady Thatcher bring on broadchurch
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TV company in prioritising current news event over a pre-recorded drama series shocker.

Get over yourself.

I imagine, there will probably be an extended news at ten, rather than a news program at 9, after the news at ten, there was only gonna be a tribute thing to Jeremy Beadle.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gamez-fan wrote: »

Yes I can remember thinking like that myself-with The Banana Splits when I was about 10.

But dont worry-it would take a nuclear war to prevent ITV removing a popular programme.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    News Special on BBC1 1600-1700

ITV are running an obit after News at Ten
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    News Special on BBC1 1600-1700

ITV are running an obit after News at Ten

Obit after News at Ten makes sense, Jeremy Beadle seemed a filler programme anyway, wonder if the BBC will do the same, as theyve virually got filler at 10:35 also
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CNN getting some interesting interviewees - on the pro side - Kissinger, on the no side - Gerry Adams.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obit after News at Ten makes sense, Jeremy Beadle seemed a filler programme anyway, wonder if the BBC will do the same, as theyve virually got filler at 10:35 also

Apparently a special from 8.30 to 10.00.
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kay Burley seems to have been shoved out of the running order,what a disgrace to The Queen of Sky News!:mad::(

Channel 5 have 'A Tribute' at 6.30pm. A lot of programmes will have been prepared for transmission well in advance and need little editing before they air.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Dough wrote: »
    Kay Burley seems to have been shoved out of the running order,what a disgrace to The Queen of Sky News!:mad::(

Jeremy Thompson is better he gives it more Gravtias
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guess were looking at a Ceremonial Funeral on Saturday, with all sporting events cancelled
  • stevvy1986stevvy1986 Posts: 7,078
    Forum Member
    Guess were looking at a Ceremonial Funeral on Saturday, with all sporting events cancelled

Don't see the need to cancel any sporting events on any day for her funeral. The Queen maybe yeah (though I disagree with anything being cancelled, even for the Queen's funeral), but not a former PM.
  • henderohendero Posts: 11,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jzee wrote: »
    on the pro side - Kissinger, on the no side - Gerry Adams.

The surprise of the century. Ronald Reagan's ghost rang in to say he liked her too, Bobby Sands' not so much.
  • Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    Lol, no sporting events will be cancelled at the weekend, its the FA Cup semi finals, they cant just rescehdule it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, no sporting events will be cancelled at the weekend, its the FA Cup semi finals, they cant just rescehdule it.

Obviously we have no idea when the Funeral will be becauae it hasnt been announced yet.

But how dear they possibly have a funeral on same day as FA Semi Finals.

Football doesnt always come fist