Options

Impact Wrestling on Spike TV

Comments

• Options
    DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    FMKK wrote: »
    Is the Glasgow show being shown live tonight on Challenge?

The show isn't live on Challenge. It's airing on a 90 minute tape delay.

Looks good at the Hydro.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfQEOONIYAAp8cx.jpg:large
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,998
    Forum Member
    Oh god a politics AND history lesson! Cheers JB
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should have had Magnus come out wearing an England shirt.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They are shooting it really weird, the camera angles look really awkward
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A tag match, did Teddy Long join TNA.:D
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Camera angles are annoying me too but it looks like a very good crowd. You'd have thought that they would use wide cameras to show off that crowd.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They seem to be shooting the majority of the show from the ramp side of the arena.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh, same stip in both tag matches?

Still, nice promos from Storm and Gunner that really establish the characters. Those two should move towards the top of the card soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why would you be bothered about who the investor was if you were finding out later in the night anyway?

And if it's a hostile takeover, is it really an investor?
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What an utter let down on the investor

Who thought this was a good idea
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TWENTY FIVE STONE? Surely not
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Decided to give it a go tonight, Weird thing i noticed. Do tna wrestlers not wear their own merch? Bully has a motorhead hoody on, Anderson just a shirt. Surely they should be pushing anything that can sell
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't checked the spoilers but I've enjoyed the show so far. Good to see stories throughout the card and new stars becoming established. I think I know who the investor is but I'll wait to see if I'm right before offering my thoughts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Haven't checked the spoilers but I've enjoyed the show so far. Good to see stories throughout the card and new stars becoming established. I think I know who the investor is but I'll wait to see if I'm right before offering my thoughts.

I only know because WrestlingNewsWorld decided to send me a push message through their app telling me!!
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    my god the show was poor and seemed to go on for ever ad MVP at the end just plain sucked.

TNA need more bigger stars.
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Another former WWE guy as a 'big shock' Happens too often. I know there are limited options but come on
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't think Impact was that bad. At least they have midcard stories and seem to be ready to push some new stars. I thought the matches themselves were a bit weak though and the investor thing was a disappointment. The main event wasn't as good as I hoped it would be - they could've made a bigger deal out of Kurt and Joe both wanting the No.1 contender spot but they would've 20 minutes to flesh it out. Not a fan of the champ jobbing clean on TV either.

MVP is decent but I was hoping that he wouldn't be the actual investor - just one of his signings. I'm more excited by The Wolves tbh. At least it's some fresh blood in the upper midcard, which is needed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well Vince will be crying himself to sleep following that amazing acquisition of ex WWE talent
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    Another former WWE guy as a 'big shock' Happens too often. I know there are limited options but come on

It was underwhelming but I think TNA are doing a decent job of pushing their own stars - Magnus vs Joe is the next title match, EC3, Gunner and Storm are in the mix, Roode is still a big name for them and Aries is around too. They just need to make sure they build all these guys up well, especially if they are still planning on cuts to the more expensive contracts.
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was underwhelming but I think TNA are doing a decent job of pushing their own stars - Magnus vs Joe is the next title match, EC3, Gunner and Storm are in the mix, Roode is still a big name for them and Aries is around too. They just need to make sure they build all these guys up well, especially if they are still planning on cuts to the more expensive contracts.

I totally rate Bobby Roode (& Austin Aries!!!) ... I'd love em 2 leave TNA & join WWE ... :cool:

(I'm sure I read on the internet awhile back that TripleH rates Roode) :)

I recorded the show tonight & I'm gonna watch it tomorrow but the investor reveal sounds lame as F*ck!!!) :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TNA seems to attract a hell of a lot of kids and (for want of a better word) smarky nerds to its live events.

I quite like Magnus though his promo was slow, plodding and filled with cheap heat and obvious 'please boo here' moments

That Spud bloke needs a good punch mind, he's like a Holiday Camp entertainer on speed
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    Looked like a good crowd there tonight for TNA Impact. Question is why would you pay to watch it?
  • Options
    JackFoleyJackFoley Posts: 812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The biggest thing that bothered me watching Impact tonight was that there were a TON of production issues. The mics on the opening segment were terrible, you could barely hear what was said. Later on a X DIVISION TITLE graphic appeared for a TAG TITLE match. Little things like this that really bothered me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JackFoley wrote: »
    The biggest thing that bothered me watching Impact tonight was that there were a TON of production issues. The mics on the opening segment were terrible, you could barely hear what was said. Later on a X DIVISION TITLE graphic appeared for a TAG TITLE match. Little things like this that really bothered me.

Maybe the polished WWE has spoilt some viewers but I do struggle with TNA (obviously it doesn't air in the UK in HD - I don't even know if they film in HD) the production values are so low cost.

Just look at who's getting elevated. Wolves (rejected by WWE) EC3 (released) and now MVP (long forgotten released) and you've got Angle constantly saying he wants to go back to WWE. It's all a bit....meh.

Push your own talent ahead of others
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not really a case of being spoiled - I just want to hear the promos. I get what they're going for with that backstage reality stuff but I need to be able to hear it.

Also, just pick a fixed camera angle for the matches. They're flying about and zooming in more than WWE does with a Shield attack. I'm gonna get dizzy!