IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    Lovely episode today. Eesh smiled and Jimmi wasn't in it. :D
  • Options
    seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    Iphigenia wrote: »
    Lovely episode today. Eesh smiled and Jimmi wasn't in it. :D

I think we might have turned a corner with Ayesha - she seems to be less aggressive and unpleasant.

When Niamh went in to see Al I was willing her to go over and give him a hug, and rekindle their romance. He needed a big cuddle :)
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    Doctors cast are on This Morning tomorrow from 10:30am on ITV as part of soap week.
  • Options
    Moomin STFCMoomin STFC Posts: 4,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just updated the website with news of Ian's (Howard's) departure from the mill:
    http://www.iankelseysite.co.uk
    Interestingly, the Julie Parson's wikipedia page seems to suggest she is in talks to come back

Maybe things like this could be put in spoiler tags in future?
    Thanks. :)
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damn you, Jimmi>:(>:(, taking out your anger at Heather and your dad, on poor Sid!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've just caught up with yesterday's episode. Jimmi should take the advice he gave to Sid and grow up. He's mooching around over Heather like a teenage boy who's first girlfriend has dumped him.

Why shouldn't the patient have some fun while she still can?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just Caught up with Monday & Tuesdays ep

I loved the fact Monday was just based on Jimmi in "Wales" i think it was nice to see Jimmi's storyline in proper detail despite hearing bits over the years. The scene with Jimmi coming face to face with his Dad in the hospital was very well acted.

Is Zara going off Daniel? It seems she may have an Affair :(
    Al is a good Friend to Jimmi.
    Niamh scene with Al was such a joy to watch and i loved Ayesha in Tuesdays episode for a change.
  • Options
    IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    I still want to see Jimmi get a right bollocking from the entire practice staff but he was right in telling that idiot puppy Sid to grow up, his behaviour is ludicrous.
  • Options
    FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jimmi is giving me the creeps now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wednesday

I love Sid. Sure he can go on and on but not only is he cute but he is Bubbly and a general nice guy.

Is Zara about to cheat? >:(

Wow Jimmi really has got a nasty side. The way he spoke to sid was well out of order. Loving Doctors Atm

Voting for the Soap Awards closes at Noon

http://www.britishsoapawards.tv/vote/

Remember to confirm vote. The Email maybe in the junk folder.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I hope Zara isn't going to cheat. That doctor is being very unprofessional in his behaviour. He should back off and keep the relationship as doctor/patient. I'll be very cross if the writers do go down the infidelity route as I don't think it would be true to how Zara is now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    seejay63 wrote: »
    I hope Zara isn't going to cheat. That doctor is being very unprofessional in his behaviour. He should back off and keep the relationship as doctor/patient. I'll be very cross if the writers do go down the infidelity route as I don't think it would be true to how Zara is now.
    I agree.

Voting closes at 3pm http://www.britishsoapawards.tv/vote/
  • Options
    mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Today's guest star, Derek Griffiths. Love how the fact the ladies chat in their usual anti-men fashion. I think Emma's idea of Ayesha were she a guy was dead on.

The fact is they are all acting and chatting just like the people they claim to be so against.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,923
    Forum Member
    The best thing about todays episode is the foil crowns Emma, Ayesha and Niamh were wearing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mikebuk wrote: »
    Today's guest star, Derek Griffiths.

He's changed a bit hasn't he?!

I was glad that Zara pushed Michael out of the door. He's been very unprofessional and I'd be going to the GMC to complain about his behaviour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ****SOAP AWARDS SPOILER****

Soap Awards will air on Thursday 8:00pm ITV but.....

Doctors won an award for the first time since 2009
    Jessica Regan (Nimah) Best Newcomer
  • Options
    Hackney1Hackney1 Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    they made Ayesha so unpleasant initially that I still can't take to her now they're giving her a personality transplant - and I still think the actress can't act - her monotone droning voice :(
  • Options
    KiraaaKiraaa Posts: 285
    Forum Member
    Just got round to watching this weeks episodes

Monday
    Liked that it was just based on Jimmi and has shown what a great friend Al is.

Tuesday
    I really enjoyed seeing the SOTD as I'm glad they highlighted young carers.
    I think we might have turned a corner with Ayesha - she seems to be less aggressive
    Agreed. I have liked her since her arrival but having such a heavy storyline so early on didn't do her any favours.

Wednesday
    Another good SOTD with Sid who is adorable. I wanted to punch Jimmi just because he has had a hard time does not mean he can take it out on Sid>:( I don't like little Joe's doctor he seems creepy.

Thursday
    I much prefer Emma in the police station she's more interesting for some reason. Liked the twist in the SOTD.

Friday
    Great end to a great week. Again another really good SOTD with Al. So this Michael seemed to know a lot about Daniel without ever meeting him, I'm glad Zara defended him and told creepy Michael to go away. I don't think that's going to stop him pestering Zara>:(
    dan2008 wrote: »
    Doctors cast are on This Morning tomorrow from 10:30am on ITV as part of soap week.
    Owen Brenman and Chris Walker were on and confirmed what a few people have been saying about EDW.
    The best thing about todays episode is the foil crowns Emma, Ayesha and Niamh were wearing.
    :D That was brilliant. I love how Emma just gave up in end and joined in.
    I was glad that Zara pushed Michael out of the door. He's been very unprofessional and I'd be going to the GMC to complain about his behaviour.
    So am I although I don't think he is going to give up that easy:(
  • Options
    Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,389
    Forum Member
    Kiraaa wrote: »
    Just got round to watching this weeks episodes

Owen Brenman and Chris Walker were on and confirmed what a few people have been saying about EDW.

:(

Does that mean that EDW is pregnant again and this is why the s/l is happening. How lovely if she is for her and the family, but not for us the viewers it means we will lose her again for awhile.
  • Options
    ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Does that mean that EDW is pregnant again and this is why the s/l is happening. How lovely if she is for her and the family, but not for us the viewers it means we will lose her again for awhile.

EDW is pregnant again: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/i786485-8/british-soap-awards-2015-red-carpet-elisabeth-dermot-walsh.html#a647775

So happy to see Doctors winning an award at long last - although I still think it's criminal that EDW and Matt Chambers never won an award for Best Onscreen Partnership.
  • Options
    Kay_ElKay_El Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    Just catching up ... re people being a bit negative about Jimmi's problems ... Mostly in soaps the characters get over things pretty quickly and in weeks/months/years that follow a death/disease/destruction incident it is never, or rarely, mentioned again. At least Jimmi's story reflects real life a bit. People do have traumatic things happen in their lives, and some 'get over' them ... and some don't. I like how the writers (and the actor) have made him a very 3D character. I didn't like how the relationship with Heather played out - far too fast for my liking, but I guess that's soap world and producers need to keep people interested ....

Completely changed my opinion of Al. He used to annoy me ... now I think he's lovely. Ayesha and the new doc are annoying me instead now :D
    hope Julia returns!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nimah,Emma and Ayesha are brilliant together. They remind me of Julia.Elaine and Karen a little. The scenes are fun to watch and LOL at the Tin hats :D

The Daily storyline was a little random however. All Al wanted was a couple of Beers.

Jimmi really is being rude. He seems to be snapping at everyone at the moment. I bet Daniel,Zara and Howard will start regretting making him a Partner.
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,871
    Forum Member
    I was very surprised that they didn't spend more episodes on Jimmi and his dad, and the dad trying to reconnect with him. This whole thing has affected Jimmi his whole life and its been covered in the programme for years and when we finally get to see him with his dad, there is only one full episode with Jimmi and his dad? That important angle was "dealt" with far too quickly imo.

On Zara, so I sussed out the "Doctor" bang on did I? That he was stalking her? I didn't ad haven't looked at any spoilers on this or in general for about 2 months now too so a feather in my cap I think! She should never have opened the door to him again, what if he wasn't prepared to take no for an answer?! It looks like she will eventually git with him but I sure hope she doesn't. Not so much for Daniel's sake but that it just isn't right in general including for her either.

I didn't like that episode where that girl held up the shop and what she did in the end. It was generally good but disturbing too as well as sad to a certain extent as well.
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,871
    Forum Member
    Zara has really gone into idiotic mode as well as Jimmi and Niamh too!

Every other person she has been to has said Joe is fine and the only one saying she might be right is someone who has ulterior motives in wanting to bed her and she is still keeping the goon on as Joe's pediatrician?!

On Howard, I'm quite gutted that he's leaving. While I liked Julia a lot and didn't want her to leave, I've always quite liked Howard too and its such a shame that he's going when his character has been developed well and would have had loads of room for more development too if they finally got him a proper partner or wife. I suspect he is leaving because of the grueling hours they have to do but that hasn't put off all of them so its disappointing that so many actors only last 2 or 3 years max before leaving.
This discussion has been closed.