The Flash - US Pace - Spoilers tagged

Comments

• CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    and btw: the above "he had time to whisk her to hospital", yup I'm with you there. So DrWells just injured her, it was Barry's decision not to whisk her that got her killed.

He didn't really have time to whisk her anywhere though, he had 1 minute 50 seconds, or whatever it was, to get back in time, do whatever he was doing, and get back so it was obvious he wasn't going to then do anything once he'd decided not to interfere by saving his mum.
    007Fusion wrote: »
    Very disappointed with the finale. Barry spent 30mins agonizing over a moral choice, that he reverses within a second based on his future-self saying 'No'. There was no action, development or twist in this episode.

Apart from the bloody great temporal anomaly which is about to wipe out not only Central City but the rest of the world?
    F1etch wrote: »
    Why could Barry still be the Flash? He ws only the Flash because Eobard built the accellerator early.

Barry is always The Flash, he just becomes it earlier in this timeline because of Thawne coming back in time, otherwise it would have happened with the particle accelerator explosion in 2022.
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any know where the oldFlashie guy went, after whisking youngBarry to safety ?

Probably back to the future is my guess. Reverse Flash couldn't because he lost the ability to use the speed force.
  • spursgaleaspursgalea Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would assume he went back to is time
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    I'll admit, I was expecting something more from the final, but I'm glad nothing was reset. It also mentioned (and in one case, showed) some of the upcoming characters for the LoT show.

One thing I didn't get at all though; it was clearly mentioned that if Barry went back and changed the past, then all his memories would be erased, and he'd be none the wiser of any changes. That's not true. Eobard/Wells went back, changed the past and retained all his memories.
    Why didn't Eddie just get a vasectomy?
    Good question. Surely if he shot off his testicles instead of putting a bullet to his heart, he'd have solved the problem whilst staying alive. :p
    Also loved the helmet coming through the time portal for none fans that belongs to Jay Garrick the original Flash.
    So I guess he exists in this universe, and is some how connected to Thawne? Wonder if he has a costume?
    btw: and here was me thinking the ptb were going to use Barry's mom save to complete revamp both the Flash and the Arrow shows. Instead nuttin changed. Oh well.
    I'm actually glad about this. I much prefer a consistency with the timeline.
    Hmm, maybe I need to rewatch it but all I saw was OldFlash giving him a "woh" gesture, no holding him up against the wall telling him this would be a mistake (or something similar). At that moment did Barry stop because oldie told him to, because he was concerned about the resultant ripples it would cause, or (as he said on his return) he was happy with his current life (or something like that) ?
    The impression I got was it was a 'stop, you can't do this gesture'. Future Barry obviously knows the consequences of changing the timeline, and thus stopped his past self from doing so.
    Cadiva wrote: »
    After all, if Eddie removed Eobard's existence by ending his life in the "existing" time line, then surely there are knock on effects which go into the future to alter the fact that Reverse Flash never existed, therefore he never came back to try to kill Barry/killed his mum so never got stuck in the past and had to kill Wells to bring the particle accelerator project forward etc!
    My head has just exploded, but you're right. If Eddie's death causes Eobard to be erased, then all the events that Eobard had happen should have also reset/restored.
    That hasn't yet been explained.

Looking ahead to Season #2

* Eddie was sucked into that portal. What are the chances he went ahead to the/a future, is restored, and returns as a Reverse Flash himself?

* Rip Hunter was mentioned; we know he's some sort of temporal agent, so why did he not come back to correct what Eobard had changed?

* I'm wondering if Eobard was erased from time, or whether he was taken somehow by some technology or the speedforce. If a person from the future enters the past, then surely (by definition) they are then apart of the past. For their ancestors to die shouldn't ultimately mean their death. I don't see how one death can equal one erase, but then that result doesn't reset everything else that's changed.

* Is that portal natural, or did someone create it to further the story? I'm proposing (either way) that when Barry travels through it, or closes it, he'll be in one of those parallel universes where everything is slightly different.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The thing is they just need Eddie's DNA for him to carry on his line. So his body is enough dead or alive.
    Forum Member
    The only conclusion any of us should be coming back with where Eddie is concerned is that this isn't the last we've seen of him. We know that the Reverse Flash (Eobard Thawne) is Barry's long-time nemesis; they aren't going to write a villain like that out of the show on it's first season, they just aren't.

Eddie (if he is properly dead) wont stay that way for long, we can almost guarantee it. What comes next though is his heroic or villainous turn. He apparently needs to live in order for Eobard to exist (I still don't like the way that works, but what the hell), needless to say, he is a good guy [at the moment]. He's either going to be transformed into another version of the Reverse Flash, or he'll become a hero of some other stature.

As far as I know, Eddie isn't in the comics at all. His character is a complete fabrication. The writers, in essence, can do whatever they like with him. I'm partly hoping that he somehow acquires the speed and joins the Red Team.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just hope that Eddie doesn't turn bad because he is jealous of Iris and Barry. rolleyes.

So cliched.
  • SattregaSattrega Posts: 85,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was that a glimpse of Kendra/Hawkgirl there at the end looking up at the black hole? She was the one straight after Snart/Captain Cold.
    Forum Member
    Sattrega wrote: »
    Was that a glimpse of Kendra/Hawkgirl there at the end looking up at the black hole? She was the one straight after Snart/Captain Cold.
    Yeah, that was her. I thought both her, and the guy playing Cyborg were suppose to show in in this episode, obviously she did (if you call that a role) though I saw no Cyborg...
  • MikeAP001MikeAP001 Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just hope that Eddie doesn't turn bad because he is jealous of Iris and Barry. rolleyes.

So cliched.

Wow! That's what happened in the comics.

Eddie becomes the Reverse Flash... And, this version is in love with Iris Allen.
    Forum Member
    MikeAP001 wrote: »
    Wow! That's what happened in the comics.

Eddie becomes the Reverse Flash... And, this version is in love with Iris Allen.
    Uhm, which comics are those, cause as far as I knew, there was no Eddie in the comics.
  • F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So doing some reseach....really I was just curious if 6.7 Tera Electron Volts was made up science jargen by the script writers...I found out that TeV is actually a unit of measuremnt in particle physics. However, even the collisions in CERN can collide with a force of 14 TeV and they only have the power to potentially create microscopic Black Holes you need super dooper microscopes to view at atomic (or subatomic) levels. So if 6.7 was an accurate measurement, it's probably way off the number required to create one of those, nevermind an extinction level event singularity.

of course, physics could also probably debunk someone running at mach 2, travelling back in time and circling the event horizon of a black hole by running round it (gaining traction under foot from where? what?) but the point was it's nice to know it wasn't made up science talk like I thought :D +1 for the scriptwriters

Went back to watch the travelling scene again, kinda wish they didn't release the LoT trailer last week. Would have been great being in the fan meltdown today when we spotted that glimpse of it in the Speed Force.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw this Headline on DS before watching the episode.
    Supergirl meets The Flash: Prepare to have your mind blown with superhero showdown

so was totally expecting the episode to end with Barry being in an alternative Universe and meeting Supergirl.

Turns out the article is just about a feature in Variety :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sattrega wrote: »

It was indeed :)
    Flash525 wrote: »
    Uhm, which comics are those, cause as far as I knew, there was no Eddie in the comics.

Eobard, rather than Eddie, in the comics :) But the principle is the same, he's jealous of Barry and "loves" Iris.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He didn't really have time to whisk her anywhere though, he had 1 minute 50 seconds, or whatever it was, to get back in time, do whatever he was doing, and get back so it was obvious he wasn't going to then do anything once he'd decided not to interfere by saving his mum.
    iiuc he had to run at mach 2 to get there and running at mach 2 could see him run around the world in 3.5s (ish), giving him ample time to get to the nearest hospital, or even the worlds bestest hospital.
    though this is all moot if Barry accepted he must not save her so spent the little time he had with that "tada I'm older Barry".
    Forum Member
    Eobard, rather than Eddie, in the comics :) But the principle is the same, he's jealous of Barry and "loves" Iris.
    But Eobard is from 150 years in the future, Iris would be long dead by then. I think your theory might be a tad off. I don't think Eobard is in love with Iris. No. :)
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved the finale. Just hope Wells returns and is his evil scheming self. He was easily the best thing about this show :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I prefer Tom Cavanagh as the Reverse Flash/Eobard, rather than Matt Letscher, although I know Matt is the true Eobard.

I'm not sure which version of him will come back in future (our present) episodes.
    Forum Member
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    Loved the finale. Just hope Wells returns and is his evil scheming self. He was easily the best thing about this show.
    Wells was never evil. ;)
    I prefer Tom Cavanagh as the Reverse Flash/Eobard, rather than Matt Letscher, although I know Matt is the true Eobard.
    Whilst I can't argue that Tom did an awesome job, Matt never got much time to shine. He was only in two episodes, and they weren't very distinguished roles. Tom played the part to a T, though with the timeline business, he should be playing Wells (actual Wells) next time we see him.
    I'm not sure which version of him will come back in future (our present) episodes.
    Eddie's death seemed to revert Eobard back to his original self, so one would assume that it'll be Matt Letscher portraying the yellow speedster.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iiuc he had to run at mach 2 to get there and running at mach 2 could see him run around the world in 3.5s (ish), giving him ample time to get to the nearest hospital, or even the worlds bestest hospital.
    though this is all moot if Barry accepted he must not save her so spent the little time he had with that "tada I'm older Barry".

Which is what he did do, therefore he spent his available time telling her about his life and giving her comfort that he grows up okay.
    But Eobard is from 150 years in the future, Iris would be long dead by then. I think your theory might be a tad off. I don't think Eobard is in love with Iris. No. :)

It's not my theory. Yes he is in the comics :) He's a time traveller who goes mad and believes he IS Barry Allen. He kills Iris when she refuses to marry him and then tries to kill Barry's future fiancee on another occasion.
    Forum Member
    It's not my theory. Yes he is in the comics :) He's a time traveller who goes mad and believes he IS Barry Allen. He kills Iris when she refuses to marry him and then tries to kill Barry's future fiancee on another occasion.
    I would be surprised if the writers follow suit with this. Time (no pun intended there) will tell, but I've got to believe there's another motive behind Eobard's hatred of Barry Sr.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would be surprised if the writers follow suit with this. Time (no pun intended there) will tell, but I've got to believe there's another motive behind Eobard's hatred of Barry Sr.

Oh I don't mean it's going to happen in the TV show, my original comment was to say that Mike, while laying his theory on Eddie rather than Eobard, wasn't wrong when he corrected Koantemplation's assertion that it would be a cliché if Eddie went bad because of his love for Iris and her marrying Barry as that is indeed the case in the comics.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^just cos the newspaper says she married Barry in 2024(?), who's to say she didn't marry Eddie this year, spend 8 happy years popping out babies and stuff, only for Eddie to die heroically saving a bus load of children and bunnies. Also maybe her and Barry were married in name only as she need to go on his company medical insurance. Methinks he jumped to the "oh so she doesn't ever marry me" conclusion a tad too quickly.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After all, if Eddie removed Eobard's existence by ending his life in the "existing" time line, then surely there are knock on effects which go into the future to alter the fact that Reverse Flash never existed, therefore he never came back to try to kill Barry/killed his mum so never got stuck in the past and had to kill Wells to bring the particle accelerator project forward etc!
    Argh the potential for time travelling paradoxes are endless, one of the things which blows my mind and has the ability to make me cry all at once :)

I assumed that it was that very paradox that caused the singularity to appear.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    I assumed that it was that very paradox that caused the singularity to appear.

It would certainly be a reasonable assumption to make.