Options

Hollyoaks should do a live episode next year for it's Sweet 16th.

MrBingMrBing Posts: 2,802
Forum Member
✭✭✭
PM has already said that instead that instead of celebrating the 15th year, it's more 'Hollyoaks' to celebrate the Sweet 16th birthday. Anyone else think they could pull of a live episode?

Comments

• Options
    amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    No! How would they do all the weird fantasy sequences, pop videos and montages? Plus, can any of them cut it live? : Just teasing...
  • Options
    Shady123Shady123 Posts: 4,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now there's an idea ;)
  • Options
    Raven123Raven123 Posts: 3,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    absolutely not, the cast is nowhere near strong enough to pull that off. It's bad enough watching it now.
  • Options
    StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    I don't see why, it's just a gimmic really isn't it? Hollyoaks is different from the others, I think it should do it's own thing. :)
  • Options
    MrBingMrBing Posts: 2,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Raven123 wrote: »
    absolutely not, the cast is nowhere near strong enough to pull that off. It's bad enough watching it now.

That's not true at all, the acting in Hollyoaks is just as good/bad as the other soaps, it's just that the cast is predominantly teenagers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I nice, new little idea for Hollyoaks, which I think would be fitting for the show, would maybe be a musical episode.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think that's slightly unfair. There are worse actors on EE and Corrie, yet they managed to do it live.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    That would be cool, however it would get compared with Corrie and EE's live eps.
  • Options
    BeeBumbleBeeBumble Posts: 5,925
    Forum Member
    All I have to say is Tony Hirst did brilliant tonight.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It could work. But what I want is to see more clips from classic episode, especially from the 90s.
  • Options
    BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    The story could be - Who Gave Mercedes the Clap? - a massive whodunnit that grips the nation before the big reveal comes out in the live episode when one in the huge line-up of suspects tells all. It episode culminates in a live late-night sex scene and gruesome murder where someone skydives off a building only for it to blow up!

Too much? Or not subtle enough? ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't get this?? Why, if the HO actors are so bad that Emmerdale cast 3 actors from the show, Jon Paul - Ryan Lamb, Eli - Jackson, Lee Hunter - Jamie. And now Corrie has cast Chris Fountain as Tommy Duckworth, and Mike Barnes as the prominent fire fighter in the live ep of Corrie. If HO acting was that bad, why are the 'serious' soaps casting ex HO actors?
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    I'd love to see what Brendan would get up to live. Anything could happen :eek::)

But I'm not sure it's the way for HO to go. It's kinda been done now ...
  • Options
    BeeBumbleBeeBumble Posts: 5,925
    Forum Member
    I'd love to see what Brendan would get up to live. Anything could happen :eek::)

But I'm not sure it's the way for HO to go. It's kinda been done now ...
    What happened if he choked on whatever he was eating?:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BeeBumble wrote: »
    What happened if he choked on whatever he was eating?:eek:

It could so easily happen. Cheryl would have to Heimlich him. Or Ste. :D
  • Options
    Raven123Raven123 Posts: 3,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Norristar wrote: »
    I don't get this?? Why, if the HO actors are so bad that Emmerdale cast 3 actors from the show, Jon Paul - Ryan Lamb, Eli - Jackson, Lee Hunter - Jamie. And now Corrie has cast Chris Fountain as Tommy Duckworth, and Mike Barnes as the prominent fire fighter in the live ep of Corrie. If HO acting was that bad, why are the 'serious' soaps casting ex HO actors?

that has no relevance to anything, as they aren't on the show and wont be in the near future.

If they did a live episode, it would be centered around the stronger characters such as Darren and Jacqui. They wouldn't take the risk with most of the cast such as Amber, the Costello Boys etc as they can't cut it now, let alone live.

Apart from a few decent actors, most of them are average and below, most of their strongest actors have left such as those you said and also Emma Rigby, Kevin Sacre and Gerard McCarthy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    that has no relevance to anything, as they aren't on the show and wont be in the near future.

If they did a live episode, it would be centered around the stronger characters such as Darren and Jacqui. They wouldn't take the risk with most of the cast such as Amber, the Costello Boys etc as they can't cut it now, let alone live.

Apart from a few decent actors, most of them are average and below, most of their strongest actors have left such as those you said and also Emma Rigby, Kevin Sacre and Gerard McCarthy.

I'd actually pay good money to see what Amber and Gabby did live. I sense an instant youtube classic.

BIB: you could say the same of any soap.

But yes, Darren, Jacqui, Brendan, Ste, possibly Sinead, Jas, Bart, some of the old pros like Jack and Frankie, maybe Rhys could all cut the mustard. Oh, Cheryl and Trevva! (OK maybe not Cheryl ...)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The relevance is that HO actors get slammed all the time for not being very good, then ex HO actors get snapped up by the bigger soaps. I just don't get the constant diss of how bad their acting is. Some are bad yes, but that can be said of any soap which others have mentioned before.
  • Options
    lexstarlexstar Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They could defo pull it off live, maybe they would need a few older staonrger characters back, the likes of Justin and Hannah! But the actors, in general, are no better or worse than Corrie and EE and the SL's are certainly better!

But HO has it's own thing, we have Later and all that! :D
  • Options
    Dan SDan S Posts: 1,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But on-topic the cast can definitely pull off a live episode!
    People need should start realising the show has amazing actors such as:
    Ashley Taylor Dawson
    Nick Pickard
    Steph Waring
    Jimmy McKenna
    Helen Pearson
    Jessica Fox
    Sarah Jayne Dunn
    Claire Cooper
    Jennifer Metcalfe
    Gemma Merna
    Nicole Barber-Lane
    Jorgie Porter
    Rachel Shenton
    Emmett Scanlan
    Bronagh Waugh
    Kieron Richardson
    and even more.

so much for the cast 'not being strong'
    the show atm has its strongest cast than its ever had.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dan S wrote: »
    Ashley Taylor Dawson
    Nick Pickard
    Steph Waring
    Jimmy McKenna
    Helen Pearson
    Jessica Fox
    Sarah Jayne Dunn
    Claire Cooper
    Jennifer Metcalfe
    Gemma Merna
    Nicole Barber-Lane
    Jorgie Porter
    Rachel Shenton
    Emmett Scanlan
    Bronagh Waugh
    Kieron Richardson
    and even more.

Oh, Cindy, Mitzee and Myra! Yeah, how could I forget them? They're all amazing. I actually can't wait for Cindy to come back and go head to head with Mitzeee.
    :D
  • Options
    NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan S wrote: »
    Ashley Taylor Dawson
    Nick Pickard
    Steph Waring
    Jimmy McKenna
    Helen Pearson
    Jessica Fox
    Sarah Jayne Dunn
    Claire Cooper
    Jennifer Metcalfe
    Gemma Merna
    Nicole Barber-Lane
    Jorgie Porter
    Rachel Shenton
    Emmett Scanlan
    Bronagh Waugh
    Kieron Richardson
    and even more.

Gotta add Emmett and Victoria to the list! :D
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    RB4 wrote: »
    I think I nice, new little idea for Hollyoaks, which I think would be fitting for the show, would maybe be a musical episode.

I sort of love this idea but it would be insanely cheesy! :D
  • Options
    rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt it could drum up the intrest!
  • Options
    solace2008solace2008 Posts: 1,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good grief is it that old already. And Nick Pickard who plays Tony Hutchinson is still in it too. It'd be nice if there was a live episode, and I've always wanted a complete repeat from start to present day episodes - as I missed the likes of Kurt & Ollie Benson, Stan, Ruth Osborne, Jambo & co.