he allways made me chuckle:(
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this is one of the last things I saw him on..cracked me up! RIP Frank xx
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htaEJuXoX_k
  • BorefestBorefest Posts: 9,557
    Forum Member
    I loved Frank loved his jokes he was fabxxxxxxx not many around like him any more.
  • LamaestraLamaestra Posts: 1,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RIP, Mr Carson, sir. The world is poorer for your passing but richer for your existence.
    Forum Member
    I loved him on Tiswas as well xxxxx
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very sad news, a legend of our wee country :(

Thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.
  • AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A random 'behind the scenes' clip of Frank I found after seeing on Ant off Ant and Dec saying on Twitter how he had worked with Frank once and how sorry he was to hear the news of his death.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZyoiRutV9I
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another real entertainer gone, no doubt to be replaced with another vacuous 'reality star'.
    Forum Member
    Borefest wrote: »
    I loved Frank loved his jokes he was fabxxxxxxx not many around like him any more.
    elnombre wrote: »
    Another real entertainer gone, no doubt to be replaced with another vacuous 'reality star'.

I am sad to say you are right:mad:
  • getzlsgetzls Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best is gone to join other greats from Ireland like Dave Allen. He stopped and talked to my young son one day in Blackpool. I looked at him in awe.:) Will be greatly missed.:cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    Such a shame. RIP Frank.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A legend. RIP Frank.
  • habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Or a 'new wave' comedian who has to swear a lot because its so funny!!!!! :rolleyes::(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,568
    Forum Member
    Another real entertainer gone...

Exactly - Frank Carson was a comedy legend. A true professional hugely popular with the public.
  • SadeyedSadeyed Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My parents once travelled back from Ireland on a ferry with him. It was apparently very quiet on the ferry, few passengers and a rough crossing.

My mother said he kept them entertained the whole journey. Some people had to leave the room at times because they were hurting from laughing so much.
  • odz1odz1 Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just wanted to say rest in peace wee man. A comedy genius.

RIP Frank.
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I heard last night. One of the great comedians has left us. RIP. What a cracker.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    He was definately one of the best comedians ever. RIP Frnak Carson and thanks for the laughs. :cry:;)
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    I knew someone who met Frank once walking along the street. He said hello to Frank and then they had a chat- he said he was sore from laughing at the non-stop barrage of jokes.

A genuinely funny fan who really enjoyed laughter. RIP Frank, you were a cracker!
  • essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,208
    Forum Member
    funny man,didnt get that 'This is Frank Carson,News at 10' line though:D
  • JoLucJoLuc Posts: 1,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was definitely one of the better old school comics. An infectious comedian loved by all my family when I was a kid. Top marks Frank.
  • nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
    Forum Member
    Why are people saying he's a jockey? :confused:
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Sadeyed wrote: »
    My parents once travelled back from Ireland on a ferry with him. It was apparently very quiet on the ferry, few passengers and a rough crossing.

My mother said he kept them entertained the whole journey. Some people had to leave the room at times because they were hurting from laughing so much.

My aunt was a silver service waitress back in the day, did a few events he was at and spoke very warmly of him, used to have the waiting staff in hysterics and a total gent as well.

RIP Frank
  • SkafaceSkaface Posts: 4,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are people saying he's a jockey? :confused:

They're probably getting him confused with the ex-jockey Willie Carson (who recently appeared on IACGMOOH).

Very sad to hear of the passing of another old-school comedy great, who by all accounts was a very nice man off-stage too. What a lovely tribute to announce his passing from his family. May he RIP.