14 year old, missing for a week.

13»

Comments

• GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news that, found safe and well, and ok :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apologies that it's a link to the email.

I haven't seen this previously posted, sorry if its a duplicate thread.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2425515/Missing-Esme-Smith-Sister-pleas-missing-14-yr-old-Catholic-school-girls-return.html

(not sure what being a Catholic has to do with the story)

Little brat wants a damned good hiding.
  • BlomkvistBlomkvist Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geoff_Mack wrote: »

Yeah that'll stop her from running away again, maybe chain her to a radiator too, you know, just to be sure.

Glad she's safe.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blomkvist wrote: »
    Yeah that'll stop her from running away again, maybe chain her to a radiator too, you know, just to be sure.

Glad she's safe.

She thinks she's a grown up so let her live like one - kick her out.

Too much fussing and coddling of children who think they can act like adults without the responsibility.

She should also be expected to pay towards the cost of the police operation to find her when she starts working.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Too much fussing and coddling of children who think they can act like adults without the responsibility.

She should also be expected to pay towards the cost of the police operation to find her when she starts working.

That's a little different to your first statement.

I'm not condoning what she has done, her poor family has been put through hell by this.

The facts are not in yet, but, by the way she changed clothes and buggered off to London it looks like this is a spoilt little Madam who thinks she can do what she wants with scant regard for anyone else.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a little different to your first statement.

I'm not condoning what she has done, her poor family has been put through hell by this.

The facts are not in yet, but, by the way she changed clothes and buggered off to London it looks like this is a spoilt little Madam who thinks she can do what she wants with scant regard for anyone else.

By accepting her back that is exactly what she can do.

She'll turn out to be an awful adult unless she faces severe consequences for her actions. As will her peers who will hear about it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By accepting her back that is exactly what she can do.

She'll turn out to be an awful adult unless she faces severe consequences for her actions. As will her peers who will hear about it.

So a "good hiding" is the correct action?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So a "good hiding" is the correct action?

Don't see why not. I'm not one of these weaklings who think it is inherently bad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't see why not. I'm not one of these weaklings who think it is inherently bad.

Ok, I would rather not converse with you any more as I'm a weakling who's not man enough to assault a fourteen year old girl.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, I would rather not converse with you any more as I'm a weakling who's not man enough to assault a fourteen year old girl.

AKA "part of the problem" with brats like this.

No consequences = "i'll do what i like"

Therefore, weak.
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    She's gonna get so grounded now.
  • AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank goodness she's safe and well. Whatever her reasons for leaving home, I'm just glad there hasn't been a tragic end to this story.
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    I am delighted this Young Girl is safe but I do hate it when the Family request help from everyone in finding their child but we never hear WHY she ranaway, where has she been, who has she been with etc. Total silence. As she took a change of clothes and no mobile phone the whole trip to London sounds planned with absolutely no concern given to the panic her parents would be in desperately trying to find her Something is amiss within the Family, by the sounds of things. If she is just being selfish and determined to get her own way, then I think she should be forced to face some consequences to her appalling behaviour..
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    kippeh wrote: »
    She's gonna get so grounded now.

Big deal!!!! Grounded! Such an American idea. I sometimes think these spoilt little brats need a good slap around the head! Teenagers today seem to have no respect or fear at all of upsetting their parents, give them no consideration at all. How could she do this to her parents? They must have been frantic trying to find her while she had fun in London!! If she met someone on the Internet at 14 she KNEW how desperately upset her family would be if she ran off for a week in London!!! Nope, she just did not care. I am sure after their relief that she is OK they will be absolutely furious.
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    Big deal!!!! Grounded! Such an American idea.

Well, yeah, I playfully threw the "gonna" and "so" in to emphasise that idea, and wasn't being entirely serious you know.
  • culturemancultureman Posts: 11,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No you want to give this 14 year old schoolgirl what you term, 'a damned good hiding' - which is a different thing entirely.;)
  • SeverianSeverian Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    Glad she's come to no harm, but my question about this story is - would it have got so much prominence if she had not been the daughter of a V.I.P. ? Thousands of children run away every year, many are younger than this girl.
  • sofieellissofieellis Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So relieved that she is safe. I hope she and her family can get over this and move forward together. It will be very difficult for her parents every time she sets foot outside the door from now on.
  • tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well according to the papers, she isnt even at home at the moment, she hasnt returned to their care and is refusing to talk to police
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What an idiot, I'm glad you arnt my parent.

All that does is put a child in danger and make them vulnerable to all types of abuse and exploitation.

I won't even go into what I think about parents who throw their teenage children onto the streets if they become a bit of hard work. What happened to parental responsibilities?

You'd deliberately put your own child in danger of allsorts so you can get a bit of peace and quiet? I hope you never have children, if you do I feel sorry for them.

Young homeless girls are perfect targets for older perverts and sex gangs, to directly impose this on your own child is evil.
  • sofieellissofieellis Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CJM91 wrote: »
    What an idiot, I'm glad you arnt my parent.

All that does is put a child in danger and make them vulnerable to all types of abuse and exploitation.

I won't even go into what I think about parents who throw their teenage children onto the streets if they become a bit of hard work. What happened to parental responsibilities?

You'd deliberately put your own child in danger of allsorts so you can get a bit of peace and quiet? I hope you never have children, if you do I feel sorry for them.

Young homeless girls are perfect targets for older perverts and sex gangs, to directly impose this on your own child is evil.

Indeed. I knew someone who's 14 year old daughter ran off to live in a bedsit with two older men. She paid for rent by having sex with them. When her father tracked her down and found out what was going on, he asked her to repent of her sins. When she refused, he left her there, as he didn't want a sinner in his house. :rolleyes: :mad: